Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

USC refund

• 02-01-2012 5:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Now that the year is over, i'm looking to get my overpaid USC back for 2011. (I left my job in Sept so didnt get it back through payroll in Dec)

Question is does anyone know if i can apply straight away for it or willl I have to wait until the after the P35 deadline for employers in Feb?

I'm in Australia so i'm a bit behind with the rules :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

If you ave a USC deduction Cert, you can apply straight away. You'd need to submit a letter also, stating that you've gone abroad to wherever from whatever date, and for how long. Also, you'd need to state you had no other deduction certs, just what you are submitting (as the case may be).

Without the deduction cert, you'd need to wait until the p35 came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭king2

what relevance does being abroad or not have on claiming a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭relax carry on

king2 wrote: »
    what relevance does being abroad or not have on claiming a refund?

Gaps in employment etc make Revenue asks questions about what you doing etc making sure that you have disclosed all pertinent info so that all relevant income is on record. It's always best practice to ensure Revenue have their records updated for you.

Advertisement