Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

loveholidays.ie

• 19-07-2019 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Has anyone here ever used loveholidays.ie to book accomadation?

They're almost €200 cheaper compared to booking.com for a hotel I'm looking to book for a week in Spain

I've never heard of them and wondering if they're legit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Guffy

corkboy38 wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever used loveholidays.ie to book accomadation?

They're almost €200 cheaper compared to booking.com for a hotel I'm looking to book for a week in Spain

I've never heard of them and wondering if they're legit.

Ya booked a holiday with them to Malta in dec2017 for may 2018. No issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Just back from a week in italy with them.
    Whole holiday per person was the same price as just flights if i booked myself.

No complaints!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Yes,have booked a hotel through them.
    Cheapest option,and everything was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Raven_k42

Used them for a week in Portugal for the two of us - flights (Ryanair), accommodation and transfers. All good and no issues with link to Ryanair for check-in etc. Emails from them were timely and their "pack" attachment included everything we needed. Nothing bad to say about them. K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

same as above posters, just back from a cheapo all inclusive booked with loveholidays.

All ran smoothly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

They seem to be fine. I think they are connected in some way to lowcostholidays who went into administration in 2016 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

Used them a couple of years ago for a trip to the Canaries, no problems whatsoever. They came in less than half the price from my local travel agent. I'd use them again without any hesitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

PopTarts wrote: »
    They seem to be fine. I think they are connected in some way to lowcostholidays who went into administration in 2016 though.

Completely false. They are in no way affiliated.

Loveholidays are a legit company. Have seen their HQ in Hammersmith in London and know a couple of people working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Batgurl wrote: »

Completely false. They are in no way affiliated.

Loveholidays are a legit company. Have seen their HQ in Hammersmith in London and know a couple of people working there.

Any reason then why www.lowcostholidays.ie redirects to www.loveholidays.ie

Any reason then why www.lowcostholidays.ie redirects to www.loveholidays.ie

Because they bought the domain name from a defunct company???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Have used them twice now, was they were cheaper, but with no complaints.

However, i have see reviews & complaints of them online, i think i and many here are in the 99% that had no issues, however, if you are in the 1% with a problem, they are a disaster.
    So the same as every other holiday company (hotels.com & expedia included)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Because they bought the domain name from a defunct company???

So in a way they are connected ....

ted1 wrote: »

Do you know what a domain is???

Do you know what a domain is???

Yep.
    They are trading in the good will of the company.

Yep.
    They are trading in the good will of the company.

So not commercially affiliated with the company in any way or form. You’re a fan of seven degrees of Kevin Bacon aren’t you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Not sure whether you are being deliberately mischiefious or just ignorant of how domain name ownership works, either way you are 100% wrong.

54&56 wrote: »
    Not sure whether you are being deliberately mischiefious or just ignorant of how domain name ownership works, either way you are 100% wrong.

She said : Completely false. They are in no way affiliated

They purchased their domain name clearly with the intent of capturing sales from people who want to book through the old company. In my books that’s an affiliation. They can’t pick and choose which aspects of the business they want to be associated with.

She said : Completely false. They are in no way affiliated

They purchased their domain name clearly with the intent of capturing sales from people who want to book through the old company. In my books that’s an affiliation. They can’t pick and choose which aspects of the business they want to be associated with.

So are Intercom affiliated with Anglo Irish Bank because they took their old HQ on Stephens Green?

So are Intercom affiliated with Anglo Irish Bank because they took their old HQ on Stephens Green?

They didn’t take their name ......
    If I sent a mail to Anglo Irish Bank, Stephens court or called them and they replied then yes. ( as it happens Stephens court is my old office ...)

They didn’t take their name ......
    If I sent a mail to Anglo Irish Bank, Stephens court or called them and they replied then yes. ( as it happens Stephens court is my old office ...)

So if you worked at Stephens Court, you are affiliated with Sean Fitzpatrick. The crook who ripped off the Irish tax payers for millions of euro.

Just using your logic...

• Advertisement

So if you worked at Stephens Court, you are affiliated with Sean Fitzpatrick. The crook who ripped off the Irish tax payers for millions of euro.

Just using your logic...

Nope , once again if I used his name to gain business I would be.

Nope , once again if I used his name to gain business I would be.

They aren’t using their name though, they bought their address.

They aren’t using their name though, they bought their address.

The address was a trading name. It’s not simply a building address.
    They are looking to profit of the established business name.

The address was a trading name. It’s not simply a building address.
    They are looking to profit of the established business name.

Ahhh so you DON’T understand how domain names work. Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

They didn’t buy the registered business name. Nor are they trading under it. They bought a domain. Which is what we call an online address for the internet. It doesn’t make them affiliated or connected with a company who went out of business.

In fact it’s quite possible that the domain was a valuable asset which the administrators sold to generate revenue for creditors.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Corbother

Ahhh so you DON’T understand how domain names work. Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

They didn’t buy the registered business name. Nor are they trading under it. They bought a domain. Which is what we call an online address for the internet. It doesn’t make them affiliated or connected with a company who went out of business.

In fact it’s quite possible that the domain was a valuable asset which the administrators sold to generate revenue for creditors.

Jesus this is becoming very boring about domain names...!!

To bring the thread back on point, I've used love holidays to book my past two summer trips. One to albufeira in Portugal and the other to go to Krackow in Poland.

Have to say I'm a big fan of the online company from the price to ease and effectiveness of the booking and payment process.

I will be continuing to use them for all main holiday booking.

Advertisement