Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jailbreakme

• 08-08-2010 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi, I have iphone 3gs running on 3.1.3 jailbroken using spirit and unlocked using ultrasnow, now if I update to newest os, will I lose the apps i've purchased and will I have to repurchase? I realise I will have to jailbreak and unlock again, just don't want to lose my apps!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭guil

no ya wont lose apps bought on itunes/appstore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Anyone else having problems with jailbreakme.com ?

When i launch it in safari , it crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭jamesd

scwazrh wrote: »

Are you with 3? Try using wifi to connect to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

how do you not lose your apps, will the device not be wiped?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭jamesd

Sync before the upgrade and that backups all so then you restore after the upgrade and it brings all back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TskTsk

scwazrh wrote: »

I had the same problem myself, so I did a factory level restore from iTunes, then immediately went to jailbreakme.com before doing anything else. Worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Clear all the cache, history, cookies via the safari settings. Then visit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I didn't update my ipod touch in ages and decided to do so today. It updated to 4.0.2 which is too new for jailbreakme. Am I screwed or can I do something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I didn't update my ipod touch in ages and decided to do so today. It updated to 4.0.2 which is too new for jailbreakme. Am I screwed or can I do something?

The easiest option is to wait until the dev-team release a jailbreak for 4.0.2, it shouldn't be too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Kevin! wrote: »
    The easiest option is to wait until the dev-team release a jailbreak for 4.0.2, it shouldn't be too long.

i dont think they are going to JB 4.02 as i think 4.1 is expected soon too for the new ipod touch due out in september.

• Advertisement
Advertisement