Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fire Service Ready

Was slated for internal advertisement on Thursday.

I was led to believe the first group of ESCOs plus 8 remaining on FF panel would be first class.

Can't be 100% on that so don't want to give wrong advice. Best advice I can give is don't worry about info like that and concentrate on your own game plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

I've no interest haha! Just trying to pass on info that my position allows.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

Oh I'm ready alright. Gameplan has been in place 15 years at this stage working non stop to get into dfb. This is last chance saloon for me though. If its internal recruitment after all this itll be hard to take.

No change as yet to the planned advertising on Thursday (internal).

thatboy wrote: »
    They expecting many to apply internally Arruabarrena?

What where number like last time?

Guys more than likely internal advertisement tomorrow however don't be too disillusioned as this more than likely won't achieve required numbers.

• Advertisement

The advertisement on Thursday is definitely internal. Who knows what the future holds?...

New class of ESCOs on the way too to free up the first batch to be released as class 1 with the 8 remaining from current FF panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭thatboy

ESCOs off a panel or internal too?

ESCOs off the panel. But there will be a new internal advertisement for more.

How many are on that panel?

Don't know how many are left

• Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=905569216180568

Thats it then. Advertised internally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

Heartbreaking

Hey Guys I know its heartbreaking to see this internal advertisement but we have been reliably informed that all the positions wont be filled internally which will result in an external advertisement. Also in the interim keep an eye out for other fire services around the country. We think Limerick might be recruiting shortly. Even if another county is not for you the process will be beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

thanks ,,,,, let's see what the coming months bring , we are all feeling the same way tonight frustrated and disappointed

Hey Guys I know its heartbreaking to see this internal advertisement but we have been reliably informed that all the positions wont be filled internally which will result in an external advertisement.

Impossible to say that at this stage.

They only need 19 new people from this advertisement. Hardly a massive ask.

How are they making up 66 then?

38 FF
    28 ESCO

38 FF split as follows:

19 of them are 11 ESCOs from call centre plus 8 remaining FF on panel. That class are due to start in January. The other 19 will be from the new panel.

Thanks for update. So is the ESCO role being phased out or how will they be replaced?

No, they plan on advertising internally for that also but at a later date (unknown as yet). I presume that could be subject to change re internal/external.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

I think you'll find that the mentioned figure of 66 is very conservative. There is approximately 60 FFs eligible to retire either now, or in the next 12-24 months. Not to mention the prospect of existing FFs getting promoted to Sub when the promotions start to trickle down.

u2gooner wrote: »
    I think you'll find that the mentioned figure of 66 is very conservative. There is approximately 60 FFs eligible to retire either now, or in the next 12-24 months. Not to mention the prospect of existing FFs getting promoted to Sub when the promotions start to trickle down.

As we posted before guys. DO posts already advertised and in motion. This naturally will lead to SO And Sub Officer posts requiring to be filled which will only add to already staff depletion and future retirements.

Hang in their guys especially reddington as this will happen, Just not sure when !! But mark my words you need to be prepared - and we can help.

What was result of SIPTU ballot?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

Still ongoing

I only speak about the present as it's fact and not speculation. Don't like getting people's hopes up etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

Forget about DFB now lads. This internal recruiting and the control room lads been trained will do DFB for a good while yet I rekon .

Tintin8 wrote: »
    Forget about DFB now lads. This internal recruiting and the control room lads been trained will do DFB for a good while yet I rekon .

Have to agree with Tintin. Despite rumours, I dont think the city manger will be easily swayed to change his mind, given his past record.

Lads Limerick fire service advertised today full time positions good luck to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

reddington wrote: »
    Lads Limerick fire service advertised today full time positions good luck to you all
    link to advertisement http://www.limerick.ie/council/current-job-vacancies

• Advertisement

That's the one fair play

Advertisement