Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griffith's Valuation on AskaboutIreland

• 04-10-2018 11:46am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Today I am annoyed with this site.

As well as still not having fixed the issue we discussed last year about not being able to print the original pages, the maps no longer work for me. I tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer.

They never replied to my email about printing last year and I see that their facebook and twitter accounts are dormant. Who is managing this site? :mad:

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭srmf5

The maps are still working on Chrome for me. It took a little longer than usual to load though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I left one loading for ages in both and they never came up.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Working OK for me - perhaps a bit slow, but it's a while since I last used the site, so I can't say if it is slower than previously. Also using Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SophieLockhart

Griffith's valuation maps not loading either, what an absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭crossman47

Griffith's valuation maps not loading either, what an absolute joke.

In fairness its a great service. Just minor blips at the moment I hope.

• Advertisement

Mod note: please post in the appropriate thread.

Try loading AskaboutIreland in an incognito or private browser mode. I find the maps load for me this way sometimes. Maybe something to do with adblockers?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SophieLockhart

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Mod note: please post in the appropriate thread.

Try loading AskaboutIreland in an incognito or private browser mode. I find the maps load for me this way. Maybe something to do with adblockers?

Thanks for that tip but it still doesn't load. And it did work a few weeks ago when my adblock settings were the same. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

I tried to access Griffith's Valuation today, using various browsers, and I'm getting nowhere. It's not connecting at all. I used a site called Isitdownrightnow? and it says AskaboutIreland has been down for over a week! Anyone know what's going on? Claire hasn't mentioned it. Is it the same for everyone.

Edit: It's back.

Maps weren't working for me again during the week, but they almost never do. No one is running it afaik.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭KildareFan

Working fine for me at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LostInLM

Was working fine yesterday evening then started timing out. Cannot access since! Any idea who is running this site and where to go for tech support?

No one is running it, afaik, and there is no tech support.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭srmf5

LostInLM wrote: »
    Was working fine yesterday evening then started timing out. Cannot access since! Any idea who is running this site and where to go for tech support?

It's timing out as well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LostInLM

I got access earlier, but its gone again now. Beginning to wonder if they have some system of locking you out if you hit them with too many requests.

Also a strange one with town plans. On Sunday I got a version of a town plan which aligned neatly with the number of properties in the valuation, however when I try today I get a different plan that does not make sense when compared to the valuation. Is this normal?:rolleyes:

Gone again but if you'd read Claire Santry's blog you'll know the score.

No, what I want to ask is can you no longer view maps on Findmypast? I can't seem to find any. :confused:

The maps have never been linked to the names - you have to search a separate dataset by place name.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I've figured out my problem. They don't have the maps for the northern counties. What a pity.

The NI valuation books are on PRONI though - is that of use?
    https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/searching-valuation-revision-books

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement