Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

sorry for all the questions but is dhl suppose to be so slow at updating its tracking service?
    all I'm getting is 'shipment information received' for an order and it hasn't changed in a long time :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

sorry for all the questions but is dhl suppose to be so slow at updating its tracking service?
    all I'm getting is 'shipment information received' for an order and it hasn't changed in a long time :mad:

When did you order your stuff normally takes about 3/4 days . On the DHL site your order will take about six stages .

When did you order your stuff normally takes about 3/4 days . On the DHL site your order will take about six stages .
    Monday at about 6pm, I just thought it strange that the tracking hasn't changed at all since then but maybe this is normal for dhl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Monday at about 6pm, I just thought it strange that the tracking hasn't changed at all since then but maybe this is normal for dhl?

Ah yes it is normal all of a sudden you'll see it jump happened me :) before you know it you'll have your stuff I'd say tomorrow/ Friday at latest .

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

It came today. One of the t shirts is a little big but at €7 I won't be returning it. I'll chance putting it on a hot wash and into the tumble dryer :) it was my first order with sports direct and I'll definitely be using them again. Very impressed with the other three items I got. Also got the mug on a €30 order for those mug obsessed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Received my things in under a week, no problems whatsoever. Got the mug also(in a cardboard box). If only I have the money ill be using them again! I paid 4 euro for a 3kg parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭daisydood

Hey somebody here may be able to help me. Ordered a tracksuit off sportsdirect. Came today but only the top part was in it. No bottoms! Rang dhl within minutes of delivery they said to contact sportsdirect. No number to ring, well I eventually got one but it said there was a high volume of calls and hung up. Emailed them and no response back. What should I do next. Really don't want to send it back at my expense as its fairly heavy and was sportsdirect's mistake. What should I do?

Ah yes it is normal all of a sudden you'll see it jump happened me :) before you know it you'll have your stuff I'd say tomorrow/ Friday at latest .
    thanks :) it now says Wednesday 15th May, processed at Gatwick UK, 19:42 so it is moving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

Thanks OP order came this afternoon. With the stupidly big mug :)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Corporate strategy at its finest.... Lured us in with the euro postage, rose it to 3.99, we're still hooked, then added another euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Connorzee wrote: »
    Corporate strategy at its finest.... Lured us in with the euro postage, rose it to 3.99, we're still hooked, then added another euro!

But is it still sterling = euro? If so if the stuff you're buying is over 30 euro the postage is covered by the exchange rate ... kinda.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

I've placed at least 6 orders over the last year all €40+

NO MUG CLUB :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Pingi wrote: »

we've so many SD mugs the kids use them to keep their toothbrushes in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

my order changes from 4.99 delivery cost to 6.99 delivery cost by just adding a messenger bag to my order. anyone know why its so varying?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭avfc1874

there's some great deals on the kids bikes. has anyone ordered a bike or anything large and how did ye get on . thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Pingi wrote: »

Same as me, and my orders were all over E60
    Feel so left out :(

avfc1874 wrote: »
    there's some great deals on the kids bikes. has anyone ordered a bike or anything large and how did ye get on . thanks

Hi there,
    I ordered a Disney Cars bike and got it for €1 delivery and I ordered one for myself last week, delivery was €7.99, but I found a code online for 10% off. Both bikes were perfect and came well packaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I ordered a Disney Cars bike and got it for €1 delivery and I ordered one for myself last week, delivery was €7.99, but I found a code online for 10% off. Both bikes were perfect and came well packaged.
    thanks.. i might treat myself to one aswell, some great bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kazmad

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Hi there,

looking for a code please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Just ordered the new Bayern Munich jersey. With the exchange rate they are using it works out cheaper than anywhere else.

I have a feeling they will phase out the £1=€1 just like they did with the €1 delivery.

• Advertisement

kazmad wrote: »
    looking for a code please

kazmad, the code I found was only valid until 30/04 for the bicycles :( sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sylvanb

Bought a few items on Monday with a jersey bring printed, was dispatched Wednesday. Arrived in Cork this morning accoring to DHL tracking, OH was not going to be at home, rang DHL, was able to redirect to my workplace, duly arrived at work some time ago, credit to DHL.

No Mug!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭snalan

avfc1874 wrote: »

bought a bmx bike 3 weeks ago, came well packed for 80euro, same bike in limerick was on sale for 145

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Bought myself a road bike maybe 3 weeks ago solid as a rock was 200 compared to circa 450 in any shops here. Was delivered within 3 days no mug tho! Got it for 1€ delivery too!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

So guys and gals are the bikes well packed??

Self assembly on the bars and pedals I guess??

Any 10% off codes knocking around please ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Hi,

I'm going to join and open an account today.

Does anybody know if they will deliver to an address that it different to the one associated with the card ?

For example, my debit card is registered to my address but I want them to deliver to a family friend that lives in a different part of the country ?

PS. any codes for first time orders or in general ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 djmsgs

my order changes from 4.99 delivery cost to 6.99 delivery cost by just adding a messenger bag to my order. anyone know why its so varying?

weight-based delivery charge i'm guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Just got a few hundred worth of camping gear, roll on the trip to the alps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

fangee wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm going to join and open an account today.

Does anybody know if they will deliver to an address that it different to the one associated with the card ?

For example, my debit card is registered to my address but I want them to deliver to a family friend that lives in a different part of the country ?

PS. any codes for first time orders or in general ?

I get deliveries to my work address, so I wouldn't see any problem

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

SEORG wrote: »
    I get deliveries to my work address, so I wouldn't see any problem

Thanks.

Now all I have to do is order.

Been on the website for an hour now. Taking AGES to load items when I click on them.

Is that normal behaviour for the website ?

Advertisement