Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11W Philips bulb - €1 in Spar

• 24-01-2011 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Last week my local Spar (Douglas St, Cork) were selling Phillips 11W (equivalent to a standard 60W, bayonet fitting) energy saver bulbs for €1. They were €3.99 in another supermarket this morning.

Will check if they still have them this evening. I presume other Spars have the same offer. Similar offers, and some even cheaper offers, are given in the thread below from a few weeks back. Still a good bargain from a Bricks & Mortar convenience store IMO.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056139663&highlight=philips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

As similar already posted here, tesco have the same in the 14w for 1 euro as well.
    Doesnt say in store though, only online and when u scan it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,762 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Got these in Argos in Strabane last week - 3 for £0.51 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

ROI: €2.99
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4301114/Trail/searchtext%3EBULB.htm

NI: ~€0.22
    muffler wrote: »
    Got these in Argos in Strabane last week - 3 for £0.51 :)

Dirty robbing b@$t@rd$!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,762 ✭✭✭✭muffler

rcdk1 wrote: »
    Dirty robbing b@$t@rd$!
    Couldn't agree more. Dont want to derail this thread but just to state that they were on special offer last week in NI but were still €2.99 here.

Normally Argos run the same promotions on both sides of the border but I cant think why the bulbs in Argos here weren't reduced. The same bulbs are now £1.99 in Argos NI.

Im just a few miles from both Strabane and Letterkenny so I have the best of both worlds when it comes to Argos offers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Selling them in the Spar I work in (Sligo) for €0.50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

They were on special in Dunnes too - 8W and 11W only, BC type, Philips - I think (I am not sure) they were 2 for €1.00. Free-standing display (which also contained a dual pack of one of the small curly-bulb ones and a small straight one - for €6.99 !)

Advertisement