Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Fox calling sounds

• 18-12-2007 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭

Just found a web site where you can download free mp3 sounds for calling fox's. I have just burnt them to a CD and pluged cheap €2 shop speakers into the walkman CD player to try them. I don't know if they are any good but its driving my dog around the bend listening to them playback.
    The sounds are free to download no copyright. Go to bottom of the page @......

http://www.varmintal.com/coy5-20.htm

I'm just getting back into shooting so I can't try them out myself just yet.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭The Villain

Is it legal to use electronic calling devices to attract game??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I don't think so, but then... foxes aren't 'game.'

I'm sure someone who knows for sure will be along shortly.

Also, these things make bizarre/unique mobile ringtones.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah, its completely illegal to use a electronic device to call game, this is spelt out clearly in the act.

And as Rovi said Foxes aren't game, so it is allowed for them. Some of the callers available include sounds such as duck, they are illegal to use for shooting and are photography purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭clivej

The sounds are of coyote's and jackrabitts with a couple squeals thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

I burned these onto a cd before but never had much success
    with them. I thought maybe they were a bit over the top for foxes but
    its possible I wasn't using them correctly either.....
    I'd recommend them to anyone that has experience with calls, as has
    been said, they're free to download.....

Cheers
    smallfry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

I put some fox calls on my mobile - work brilliantly - now I always have the call on me whenever I may come across a fox. I have used it out lamping and it really brings them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

J.R. wrote: »
    I put some fox calls on my mobile - work brilliantly - now I always have the call on me whenever I may come across a fox. I have used it out lamping and it really brings them in.
    Not alot of use to have them nice and handy on the phone if you haven't got a gun with you ;)

Advertisement