Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport Control Backed Up.... AND!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Probably only one checkpoint gate open.

Was great back in the days when it was just the gardai doing it. Once they heard your accent you were grand. No waiting no fuss.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

No, it's not good enough.
    We should demand the best for ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Been going on for years. Don't know what the problem is.

Enraging if you get stuck in the queue and seeing the e-gates closed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Never been stuck more than a few minutes there, I'd be pretty pissed if I was waiting for an hour tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Software malfunction, or maybe no one on hand to assist new e gate users? Management issue, but you would think that at busy times extra staff would be in place. Anyway....

I am sure there is a valid explanation, but there is nothing worse than arriving in DUB and having to face a huge HUGE Q to get back into your own country!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Went threw the other week

Literally 15/30 secs to go threw.

Obv not enough staff for the bank hol return

Also can I just say I hate the mile walk before u ever even get to the immigration hall

To sum up

Dublin airport is a kip

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

What do they expect with cheap ryanair flights and the booms back ?
    Everyone is loaded again and is flying off every weekend, expect the consequences ...

What do they expect with cheap ryanair flights and the booms back ?
    Everyone is loaded again and is flying off every weekend, expect the consequences ...

This is it

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Why do the DAA insist on routing passengers from UK flights through passport control when this is not necessary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

Been going on for years. Don't know what the problem is

Nah, this is BS. I've been a frequent traveller for years now flying through Dublin every few weeks. I've never waited longer than 5-10 minutes (at worst).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭Allinall

That’s the greens for you.

They’ve infiltrated the passport control systems to deliberately piss off travellers ( the good type) in the hope they will think twice about f*cking up the planet next time they contemplate a frivolous trip abroad.

And all you AH feckers voted for them.

Why do the DAA insist on routing passengers from UK flights through passport control when this is not necessary ?

I suppose it is up to DFA. DAA don't make the rules re passport control.

Going to UK I am channelled through a different line, for UK and Ireland Common Travel Area.

Doesn't happen in reverse though!

Of course it’s necessary.

Could be loads of non EU passengers coming off a UK flight.

I suppose it is up to DFA.

Going to UK I am channelled through a different line, for UK and Ireland Common Travel Area.

Doesn't happen in reverse though!

Prob would need a separate hall for Uk travel.

The daa head man dalton philips was on RTÉ giving a victory lap interview lately naseauting rubbish.

Daa get the finger out. Clowns running the circus !

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

Went threw the other week

Literally 15/30 secs to go threw.

Obv not enough staff for the bank hol return

Also can I just say I hate the mile walk before u ever even get to the immigration hall

To sum up

Dublin airport is a kip

No it's not. Your grammar is a kip though.

Allinall wrote: »
    That’s the greens for you.

They’ve infiltrated the passport control systems to deliberately piss off travellers ( the good type) in the hope they will think twice about f*cking up the planet next time they contemplate a frivolous trip abroad.

And all you AH feckers voted for them.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

Actually, it's incredible how well the airport works in general, keeping in mind it was put together and run by some Irish authority somewhere. We didn't make a complete hames of everything I guess!

No it's not. Your grammar is a kip though.

Nee naw nee naw

The grammar police are on the beat

Watch out

Nee naw nee naw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

How could you avoid going through passport control in Dublin? The likes of Gatwick, Heathrow, Manchester are big enough to have alternative exit route for passengers from Irish flights. Don't believe that Dublin has that capacity.

Of course it’s necessary.

Could be loads of non EU passengers coming off a UK flight.

Same could happen from Ireland to UK couldn't it?

• Advertisement

Berserker wrote: »
    How could you avoid going through passport control in Dublin. The likes of Gatwick, Heathrow, Manchester are big enough to have alternative exit route for passengers from Irish flights. Don't believe that Dublin has that capacity.

They could if they wanted to. But I think DFA has the reins.

Charlie Flanagan is the man to lobby!

They could if they wanted to. But I think DFA has the reins.

Charlie Flanagan is the man to lobby!

Flanagan is not in dfa

It’s shane ross. Transport.

And good luck getting response from him!!

Nee naw nee naw

The grammar police are on the beat

Watch out

Nee naw nee naw

Ah yer alright, that oul auto correct is a pain. ;)

Flanagan is not in dfa

It’s shane ross. Transport.

DFA as far as I know are in charge of passport control. Apologies if I am wrong.

Lord Ross is in charge of transport to and from the airport and everywhere else, and has played a blinder, huh. :)

DFA as far as I know are in charge of passport control. Apologies if I am wrong.

Lord Ross is in charge of transport to and from the airport and everywhere else, and has played a blinder, huh. :)

I am talking about extending or having a separate hall for Uk Irish travel like someone was suggesting

That is shane ross and the daa. Dalton philips

He was on giving a victory lap interview on RTÉ lately. It was so bad I actually googled him to see who the hell he is.

He’s the chief exec of the daa. Dublin airport authority. Under the dept of transport.

It was self serving nauseating rubbish.

Same could happen from Ireland to UK couldn't it?

Is there not passport checks in UK airports for Irish flights?

They don’t check every passenger but I’m fairly sure they’re there.

Suppose it’s up to each country to put in place their own checks. However, it’s a bit of a stretch to say there is free travel between Ireland and the Uk.

In effect, you need to be able to prove you’re entitled to free travel, which normally means producing a passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Flew in from Canada this morning. There were three people on the checks. 90% of the plane was Canadian, thank God so just walked straight on through. But, yeah, the non-EU queue was pretty far back even at about 10:00AM

I am talking about extending or having a separate hall for Uk Irish travel like someone was suggesting

That is shane ross and the daa. Dalton philips

He was on giving a victory lap interview on RTlately. It was so bad I actually googled him to see who the hell he is.

He’s the chief exec of the daa. Dublin airport authority. Under the dept of transport.

It was self serving nauseating rubbish.

Well every day's a school day. I didn't realise Ross had that brief.

Is there not passport checks in UK airports for Irish flights?

They don’t check every passenger but I’m fairly sure they’re there.

Suppose it’s up to each country to put in place their own checks. However, it’s a bit of a stretch to say there is free travel between Ireland and the Uk.

In effect, you need to be able to prove you’re entitled to free travel, which normally means producing a passport.

Separate channel, maybe some spotchecks (profiling), but it is quick.

• Advertisement

Well every day's a school day. I didn't realise Ross had that brief.

He’s over dept of transport. Transport includes roads sea and air

Advertisement