Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Champions Cup no longer on Eir (via BT Sport)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Just to add, their website does say "Coverage available to UK subscribers only." for Pro14, but through Now Tv it doesn't seem to come into affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

signed up for NowTV to cover the group stages, then will go to the pub for all the knock out games., will probably still go to the pub for the good group games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭budhabob

OldRio wrote: »
    I went the Now TV route. I pay 15 euro a month for the next 3 months. Watch BT and Premier Sport for the Rugby.
    After that back to 'other means'.

It says €17pm on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭PMC83

OldRio wrote: »
    I went the Now TV route. I pay 15 euro a month for the next 3 months. Watch BT and Premier Sport for the Rugby.
    After that back to 'other means'.

Do you have sky?

Unfortunately Virgin customers can't add BT (though now getting Eir is a plus)

I have gone down the NowTv route as well, but not being able to record is a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭OldRio

I signed up to NowTV about 3 weeks ago. I think it was 15 euro but not absolutely sure now. Haha.
    No I don't have Sky and cast the NowTV app to my chromecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

PMC83 wrote: »
    Do you have sky?

Unfortunately Virgin customers can't add BT (though now getting Eir is a plus)

I have gone down the NowTv route as well, but not being able to record is a pain

Not being able to record - how often do you watch full length matches after they have been played? Maybe die hard team supporters do. The highlights show will be on in the days afterwards and content will probably go up on youtube too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'm going to stick with RugbyPass anyway.

Not being able to record - how often do you watch full length matches after they have been played? Maybe die hard team supporters do. The highlights show will be on in the days afterwards and content will probably go up on youtube too.

All the time! 3 o clock kick off wont suit with 2 small kids, usually any afternoon matches I will record and put on that night once they are in bed- obviously need to stay away from the phone for a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

I don't know about diehard, but I would generally watch our matches when I get home- and certainly the derby Pro14 and all our HC matches.

I like to think I know what I'm talking about when I'm at a game- and then I find out what actually transpired after!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

baaba maal wrote: »
    I don't know about diehard, but I would generally watch our matches when I get home- and certainly the derby Pro14 and all our HC matches.

I like to think I know what I'm talking about when I'm at a game- and then I find out what actually transpired after!

I'm the same. I'll usually rewatch a match if it's a home game as there's lots you miss (particularly if you're in the N/S stand in the RDS and the actions up the other end). Ref chatter, contentious events etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

Thanks to advice here, I've bought the 3 month BT Sports offer on Now TV for €17 per month.
    Never used Now TV before, and was worried about chromecasting via wifi from my laptop as I often have buffering issues.
    I've just installed the Now TV app on my PS4 and with a lan connection from the console to tv, the quality is perfect.

Same- watched matches all day Saturday and not a single buffering issue, well worth the 17 lids

had no problems with Buffering or picture quality on Friday and Sat, and for the connacht game(watched the Munster game in the pub) but in the Racing game it froze twice, which in itself wasnt too bad, but it happened both times when Racing were scoring a try

still though, it was 100times better than relying on a dodgy stream, well worth the €17 a month, not sure I would pay the €34.

managed to watch the La Rochelle game on the TV through my phone with the Chromecast, and keep an eye on some of the Leinster game on my iPad and it didnt complain, so that is handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Boscoirl wrote: »
    had no problems with Buffering or picture quality on Friday and Sat, and for the connacht game(watched the Munster game in the pub) but in the Racing game it froze twice, which in itself wasnt too bad, but it happened both times when Racing were scoring a try

It did the same for me, at the same times, so I doubt it was a buffering issue at your end. More likely at source. Given it wasn’t an issue in the other games for me either, hopefully it won’t be an ongoing problem.

Thanks. That’s good to know

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thanks to advice here, I've bought the 3 month BT Sports offer on Now TV for €17 per month.
    Never used Now TV before, and was worried about chromecasting via wifi from my laptop as I often have buffering issues.
    I've just installed the Now TV app on my PS4 and with a lan connection from the console to tv, the quality is perfect.

Anyone know if Premier Sports that comes as part of this deal is geolocked here or can you watch their PRO14 coverage on those channels?

At the moment I sling eir sport from my phone to TV, this would be handier in between the Champions Cup.

Anyone know if Premier Sports that comes as part of this deal is geolocked here or can you watch their PRO14 coverage on those channels?

At the moment I sling eir sport from my phone to TV, this would be handier in between the Champions Cup.

You can watch the Pro14 here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I wouldn’t count on that being the case long term once someone from eir realises it (Premier Sports may not even realise it themselves).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

icdg wrote: »
    I wouldn’t count on that being the case long term once someone from eir realises it (Premier Sports may not even realise it themselves).

That's what I was thinking...

icdg wrote: »
    Not too soon I hope
    Once the champions cup pool stages are over I'm dropping it anyway.

Aint paying €30 for the odd Pro14 game that Eir aren't showing, zero interest in the football too.

• Advertisement

Not too soon I hope
    Once the champions cup pool stages are over I'm dropping it anyway.

Aint paying €30 for the odd Pro14 game that Eir aren't showing, zero interest in the football too.

Yup, same as yourself and then 'alternative' ways will be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I'm after signing up for the 3 months with Now TV after reading the posts on here but do my eyes deceive me or are these not the HD versions of BT sport??

I'm after signing up for the 3 months with Now TV after reading the posts on here but do my eyes deceive me or are these not the HD versions of BT sport??
    Watching mostly using the LG app and its definitely atleast 720p
    Same on phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Excuse the collosal levels of thick but is this "3 months @ €17 per month" =€51 or "3 months for a total of €17 altogether" =€17?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

long_b wrote: »
    Excuse the collosal levels of thick but is this "3 months @ €17 per month" =€51 or "3 months for a total of €17 altogether" =€17?

As you've typed it, three months at 17 per month is 17*3 = 51.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It was mentioned on the now tv thread that now tv boost (hd) has been launched in the uk. It should work its way to ROI soon enough.

https://www.nowtv.com/boost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Correct, 720p only.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rudiger2.0

You can watch Now Tv on two devices at the same time. Myself and a friend went halves on it and have both been streaming the games without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

We are with Eir and seem to have lost the BT HD channels- I need to talk to them....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

baaba maal wrote: »
    We are with Eir and seem to have lost the BT HD channels- I need to talk to them....

perhaps you have missed the many threads and posts about this

BT are now available through sky

Eir no longer (since august) have BT free as part of their package
    I think you can add it on though for a price

Advertisement