Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Pubs and Clubs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A_Border_Bandit

Cheers man! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Looking for somewhere in Dublin that Hard Rock music is played regularly? :cool:
    :confused: I don't get it. You've opened a thread called "Rock & Metal Pubs and Clubs" where the first post is a list of exactly that, clearly broken down by county and country and you still have to post a question? Was the first post not clear enough or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Ah he just wanted his presence felt.......at least i hope it was only his presence:D

Good list so far, did not know about that pub under tara street or across from busarus, will investigate dutifully and report.

Ah he just wanted his presence felt.......at least i hope it was only his presence:D
    Couldn't they just have posted here or here if they just wanted to make their presence felt?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

London: So so many, especially in Camden :D

World's End/ Underworld, Camden

Yeah I can vouch for this one. Myself and mate went in before Prog Nstion last year, expecting little quiet English pub. What we were met with made us laugh in exasperation. Dozens of Opeth/DT fans with very loud Meshuggah-esque bands. Cool palce!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A_Border_Bandit

Malice_
    white_star_4.gif

Sorry man... Just not too internet savvy. I thought that was the first page and didn't see anything that satisfied my curiosity so I figured "what harm would asking do?"

Sorry again :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Love that word, savvy, class!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Antrim Hotels

Great list. Where would the best place to go be in Belfast?? Good music and cheap drinks

Great list. Where would the best place to go be in Belfast?? Good music and cheap drinks
    Try The Metal Travel Guide that jenizzle linked to earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Malice were you at the Krazyhouse after all? Hope I didn't heighten your expectations too much, it's best viewed through beer goggles :pac:

• Advertisement

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Malice were you at the Krazyhouse after all? Hope I didn't heighten your expectations too much, it's best viewed through beer goggles :pac:
    I was yeah actually :). I was in Liverpool last weekend for the Chelsea game. The less said about the football the better. In fact, every football game I watched went the wrong way :(.

Anyway, we went there on the Friday night. I was pretty drunk at this stage (we'd been drinking since 12) so, despite seeing the door for the pub on my left, I ended up going into the pub on the right which was called Fudge. Thankfully there wasn't any Village People music on but as soon as I realised my mistake we got the hell out and went next door. The music was ok, fairly standard for a metal bar - Metallica, Machine Head, Pantera. It was pretty quiet when we got there. Apparently Saturday night is a much busier night.

Malice_ wrote: »
    I was yeah actually :). I was in Liverpool last weekend for the Chelsea game. The less said about the football the better. In fact, every football game I watched went the wrong way :(.

Anyway, we went there on the Friday night. I was pretty drunk at this stage (we'd been drinking since 12) so, despite seeing the door for the pub on my left, I ended up going into the pub on the right which was called Fudge. Thankfully there wasn't any Village People music on but as soon as I realised my mistake we got the hell out and went next door. The music was ok, fairly standard for a metal bar - Metallica, Machine Head, Pantera. It was pretty quiet when we got there. Apparently Saturday night is a much busier night.

Less said about football from me.......easy :D
    Fudge.......Perfect for lovers of scouse house music.............Fudge isn’t the classiest place in Liverpool but it sure is fun

I bet.

ye the music is pretty mainstream, probably better when they're hosting the Redeemer nights or something like that. Some people really make an effort dress wise there. Jeez I didn't think anywhere was quite any night of the week in Liverpool although come to think of it, most of the students are finished up there now. I have a sister over there and she's the only one left in her flat the last while so that could be it, Liverpool is dead without the students.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

An Cruiscin Lán in Cork:

http://www.cruiscinlive.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

chin_grin wrote: »
    Also I've just been informed that there will be a dj in Fibbers Rock Bar (I think that is it's proper title).

The only good Fibbers DJ was Carisma - sadly missed!

An Cruiscin Lán in Cork:

http://www.cruiscinlive.com/
    I've been there a few times but each time I've been too drunk to notice the music :o. A perfect example would be a couple of weeks ago after the Dropkick Murphys gig. I remember the music being quite good in there but damned if I could remember any of the songs :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Hey y'all ... there's a new Rock/Metal night starting up in The Academy in June ... it's going to be once a month on a friday and will play everything from classic rock to the heaviest of death metal ... THERE WILL BE NO EMO/SCREAMO/NU-METAL PUSSY ROCK CRAP WHATSOEVER ... just all the hard rock you can bang your head to.

Please befriend us on http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dublin-Ireland/Valhalla-Rock-Metal-Club/120336777998300?ref=ts ... it'll be updated real soon with more details cos at the moment it's pretty barren.

And, importantly, there will be drink juicy promos all night long so it'll be easy on the pocket ... more details to follow!

Hey y'all ... there's a new Rock/Metal night starting up in The Academy in June ... it's going to be once a month on a friday and will play everything from classic rock to the heaviest of death metal ... THERE WILL BE NO EMO/SCREAMO/NU-METAL PUSSY ROCK CRAP WHATSOEVER ... just all the hard rock you can bang your head to.

Please befriend us on http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Dublin-Ireland/Valhalla-Rock-Metal-Club/120336777998300?ref=ts ... it'll be updated real soon with more details cos at the moment it's pretty barren.

And, importantly, there will be drink juicy promos all night long so it'll be easy on the pocket ... more details to follow!

That sounds deadly, Dublin needs something like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

Dublin needs something like this!

Why do we need another Rock/Metal bar in Dublin we have 4 already?

Brux
    Fibbers Rock Bar
    Fibber Magees
    Sonic Temple

They all do drinks promotions, (Brux and Fibbers Rock Bar play Classic Rock and Death Metal and focus on the 'adult' crowd) and they're already quiet enough as it is.

Passenger wrote: »

Brux
    Fibbers Rock Bar
    Fibber Magees
    Sonic Temple

They all do drinks promotions, (Brux and Fibbers Rock Bar play Classic Rock and Death Metal and focus on the 'adult' crowd) and they're already quiet enough as it is.

Bars are fine but somewhere with more of a club type atmosphere would be good like you see in other countries.

Passenger wrote:
    Because this one won't be playing Emo, Nu Metal or Screamo. With an elitist attitude like that it'll obviously be great.

• Advertisement

Because this one won't be playing Emo, Nu Metal or Screamo. With an elitist attitude like that it'll obviously be great.

is it just me or is there sarcasm there?

is it just me or is there sarcasm there?
    Just a bit :). I just really hate when people get elitist like that about certain genres of metal.

Just a bit :). I just really hate when people get elitist like that about certain genres of metal.

:D
    I did hesitate myself when I read no screamo/nu-metal, I'd happily listen to all genres and if it's in the academy as a kind of club night, that sort of stuff would suit.

OK it appears as though this has sparked off somewhat of a situation. Allow me to clarify. I wasn't being elitist about music. I was merely stating what we would and would not be playing. I don't happen to like emo/screamo/nu-metal. I think it's bull**** ... it's just my taste and as a result it won't be played. I'm sorry if that offends your delicate omni-genre loving sensibilities. I've listened to enough emo/screamo bands in my day to know that I don't want to listen to anymore. I ain't just branding them all as **** just cause I was raised on Led Zeppelin & Motorhead.

If you enjoy emo/screamo/nu-metal then go ahead & fill your boots, mate. My distaste shouldn't affect you. If you don't want to listen to hard rock & heavy metal then don't come to the club. Easy as.

As for there being four other rock pubs/clubs in Dublin. So what? Theres tonnes of regular nightclubs in Dublin? Did the fifth nightclub in Dublin have doubts about it's existence?!

Fibber's Rock Bar is in a dead part of town. That site has hosted like five different pubs/restaurants in the last two-three years. And as has already been stated, it's quiet enough already.

Anytime I've been to Fibber Magee's it's been awash with piss & children.

Bruxelles is over priced & weenchie.

Well now. Lets put this to bed shall we.

I'm sorry if that offends your delicate omni-genre loving sensibilities. I've listened to enough emo/screamo bands in my day to know that I don't want to listen to anymore. I ain't just branding them all as **** just cause I was raised on Led Zeppelin & Motorhead.
    I'm far from omni-genre loving, trust me, I just don't like entire genres being dismissed. If you don't like them then fine, that's your loss :).
    If you don't want to listen to hard rock & heavy metal then don't come to the club. Easy as.
    Where did I say I didn't want to listen to those genres? Not that it matters really, I'm not from Dublin and don't go there too often so I'm unlikely to go to the club.
    Lets put this to bed shall we.
    Agreed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Might I suggest editing the Fibbers Rock Bar link to this:

http://www.fibbermagees.ie/Fibbers_2/flash%20home%20page/home.html

....atrocity of a site (why with the spinning, headache-inducing flash WHY!?).

:D

@ Malice ... Smashing ...

What a rocky start eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

When I was living in The Hague in Holland for 3 months one bar called Brothers of Beer in Leiden would have been my weekly local metal bar. Awesome place.

Zerroth wrote: »
    When I was living in The Hague in Holland for 3 months one bar called Brothers of Beer in Leiden would have been my weekly local metal bar. Awesome place.
    Thanks Zerroth, I've that added to the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Hittin' the big schmoke tomorrow for the RATM gig, any one recommend a late bar after the gig?

Advertisement