Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 / 2019 **No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭fafy

Ticket sales for the Australian and New Zealand gigs are pretty terrible.
    The second night in Auckland will be a ghost town ,they've sold less than 30% of the seats .
    In Adelaide they have moved the stage up the pitch to shorten the standing area and closed sections of seats .
    The initial ticket prices were outrageous ,they have slashed prices in alot of venues to shift seats ,some seats that were 362 AUD are now 66 AUD.
    The band obviously havent learnt their lesson from the previous US leg of the tour .

The locals are not happy with the self appointed lunatics giving out line numbers ,they started their bull**** queue on Sunday ,5 days before the concerts.

Saw the Adelaide stage move:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/U2start/status/1191463798839791616?s=19

On the other hand, 5 of the 15 gigs on the tour, are all sold out, so its not all bad news. Auckland night 2 seems to be the worst sales.

When bands play “large scale“ over that side of the world, its not that relevant that gigs sell out, but they pay the overheads. Many of the Stadiums are quite large capacities as they are cricket grounds. The distances between gigs are also logistically challenging, which places restrictions that don’t happen in Europe or the U.S.
    Sydney to Perth for example is 4,000 kms distance, a little shorter than New York to San Francisco.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Have to say Larry looks way better with the longer hair

EI3tJkDWkAEoVgL?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Wooderson

fafy wrote: »

Smaller show, better gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seems they've added a few of the newer songs to the post Joshua Tree part of the show

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Just signed into U2.com to renew my sub, which is due to end 31 Jan, to notice that they have extended it to 29 Feb - anyone else get a "free" month? If I wait to renew for a new month, I presume my membership will remain at its current status

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Just signed into U2.com to renew my sub, which is due to end 31 Jan, to notice that they have extended it to 29 Feb - anyone else get a "free" month? If I wait to renew for a new month, I presume my membership will remain at its current status

They were due to make an announcement about the new subscriber gift this week so it looks like they have extended memberships to allow more time for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

lazer.blue wrote: »
    They were due to make an announcement about the new subscriber gift this week so it looks like they have extended memberships to allow more time for it.

The new subscriber gift is the DVD of the final E&I show in Berlin.

https://www.u2.com/news/title/experience--innocence--live-in-berlin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

kennyu272 wrote: »
    The new subscriber gift is the DVD of the final E&I show in Berlin.

https://www.u2.com/news/title/experience--innocence--live-in-berlin

Nice. Shame it’s not hd but still... nice
    Happier I renewed now.

Left my sub lapse

Will this be released publicly and on blu ray

Dvd is so 2003

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭bonoman66

A little revisit to July 2017 from Croker.

Hopefully people will enjoy the audio upgrade.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Left my sub lapse

Will this be released publicly and on blu ray

Dvd is so 2003

Its being released in 4k and 5.1 surround sound later this month ,for U2 subscribers
    https://www.u2.com/news/title/streaming-for-subscribers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Its being released in 4k and 5.1 surround sound later this month ,for U2 subscribers
    https://www.u2.com/news/title/streaming-for-subscribers

Hadn't seen this, cheers. I splashed out on the sub for this DVD anyway. The tour left a massive impression on me, and in the end it was only 30 odd euro anyway.

Hes on holidays anyway

Anyone knw is the E&I show been released on DVD outside of the fan club subs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Hes on holidays anyway

Anyone knw is the E&I show been released on DVD outside of the fan club subs ?

That's the view from his home in Kiliney, Dublin.

The E&I DVD is been touted as a fan club exclusive. It may get a general release down the road tho.

This stripped back style sounds great. I hope they do more of this type of thing!

Showed which looked like Pro shot footage from the 2017 Croke Park show on the news just there

Be nice to get if they ever release it

A tour celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Achtung Baby in 2021 similar to the JT revisited tour

Is it realistic or could you say the E&I tour was kind of it with some of the material that was played

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

A tour celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Achtung Baby in 2021 similar to the JT revisited tour

Is it realistic or could you say the E&I tour was kind of it with some of the material that was played

Can't see it . Even if they were thinking of it I'd say covid has put a stop to it especially the way the US is. These yours take a lot of advance planning I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

The "Zoo" section of the e&i Tour was an absolute blast and the highlight of the shows I saw. I'm hoping there is some sort of version of a Zoo anniversary, but surely U2 fatigue is a risk at this stage what with all the shows and tours.

• Advertisement

They have overtoured, and need a long, long break.

Adam interviewed in Rolling Stone the other day, saying a Zoo TV Tour remained a possibility, but i can ‘t see them playing live again until 2022.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/adam-clayton-quarantine-life-u2s-siriusxm-channel-future-plans-1022148/

The wallet hurts when they play live

fafy wrote: »
    They have overtoured, and need a long, long break.

Adam interviewed in Rolling Stone the other day, saying a Zoo TV Tour remained a possibility, but i can ‘t see them playing live again until 2022.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/adam-clayton-quarantine-life-u2s-siriusxm-channel-future-plans-1022148/

They havent over toured Europe ,quite the opposite I'd say.
    They have completely over toured the US though .

The 12 year contract with LiveNation expired in April so the band arent under any pressure to tour .
    That contract was the reason for the Joshua Tree tour ,Livenation demanded the band do another tour to fill their coffers.

With Covid-19 about ,alot of the big acts will take a break until 2022.
    I'd like to see the band move away from Livenation and get rid of that snake oil salesman Guy Oseary that they have as manager.
    Money talks though .

Incidentally Zooropa was released this day 27 years ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

Incidentally Zooropa was released this day 27 years ago .

One of the weakest U2 albums imho.... some serious gash on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

daithi7 wrote: »

One of my favourites! One or two weaker tunes alright but some bangers on there. Pop aside, its better than anything they've released since.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I'd welcome an Achtung Baby anniversary tour with open arms!

Unlikely tho as Adam referred to it as "Another Nostalgia Tour", reading between the lines, but that didn't sound too positive. They done there best to keep away from that nostalgia territory with the Joshua Tree tour, especially Bono.

More interesting is Adam saying they got a new album together and were finishing it before lockdown. Very interesting, I guess once they rested up after E&I, they hit the studio. Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

I'd very much welcome a new, scaled down version of U2, now that they are free from live nation's money vomiting contract.

I was surprised by the energy of them and the buzz from the e+I shows however. The I+e and jt30 shows left me somewhat cold. Great in the moment, but not seismic the way a U2 show was prior to the 360 tour.

No more greatest hits tours though please. I'd rather them wait and try and see if they've anything left creatively, and build the tour around that.

I had a feeling after the live BBC show in the songs of experience promotion tour that it'd be epic to see them tour with an orchestra. It would embrace the idea of growing old gracefully. Twined with the best of their acoustic work. But like I said, the energy of e+I surprised me. Just a lot of the content seemed tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

daithi7 wrote: »

Blasphemy

I'd welcome an Achtung Baby anniversary tour with open arms!

Zoo TV would be hard to beat ,I still rate it as their most impressive tour visually .
    The outside leg was groundbreaking for the time ,introducing the B stage to the industry among other things.
    The topics the tour introduced are more relevant that ever today .

Edge said this last week
    At some point, I’d love to do something again with the Zoo TV idea. It’s weird how it’s come around. It was very prescient. We had no ideas at the time that the world was going to become…that was all about cable news and that overload. Now look where we are. It’s like times a thousand. It’s like Moore’s Law as applied to data. But not the quality, unfortunately, that’s the thing that is really shocking. There’s really little quality information out there. So much of it is corrupted.

• Advertisement

They havent over toured Europe ,quite the opposite I'd say.
    They have completely over toured the US though .

Agreed, way Over toured in US

But even in Europe, From 2015 to 2018, they played 85 gigs in Europe, across 3 tours, including 9 gigs in Dublin. There are very few acts, if any, have played that many Arena/stadium sized gigs in that 3 year period across Europe.

Advertisement