Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joyetech eVic - Provari challenger?

• 27-11-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

More bells and whistles than a err, ringy whistly thing - so much so it looks like a wind-up at first but no, looks like the real deal.
    It does look like a gamechanger though and a real step forward for Joyetech. Question is, will it stand up to a Provari?

http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=128

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

It looks more like a sex toy but does have some very nice features, plug in charging is a big bonus rather than a separate unit and the display looks user friendly.

HOWEVER: Two reasons why I have a provari 1, consistent vape and 2, The quality of feel and build quality. If it does 1 then I will have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Surely anyone who is the proud owner of the almighty provari doesn't *need* anything else? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thin White Duck

.... which is why I don't feel the need to invest ;)

Far prefer the look of the Provari and will be surprised if the build quality of the eVic is as good and at the end of the day the Provari does everything I need it to and does it well. Still think this has the potential to shake up the market a bit though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the main reason I got a provari is the consistency of the vape (well, that and the variable voltage.. and the ohm checker, build quality, smug feeling of self satisfaction)

if I want to vape at 4.9v oh a 2.6ohm coil then I want to vape at that wattage until the battery can't give anymore and needs to be changed. I don't want the voltage dropping as the day goes on, got sick of that with the LT and the twist

if the eVic can give that kind of consistency then it's a definite contender but so far nothing has bar the provari.. and I guess the darwin, other wattage/kicked mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Got to get me one of them next month when they come out :) wonder if any Irish sites will be stocking it, rather keep my biz local?

Think I have found the wifes Xmas pressie for me :D she just don't know it yet.
    Looks a nice bit of gear and I do love high tech thingies, and the PC link up updates looks really neat, wonder if I can watch netflix on it as well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Jesus Christ. Every week now, it's just... Vaping feels like the Apple upgrade cycle.

This does look pretty good, just have to wait and see what the mountainprophet folks make of it.
    Are it's features worth that much more than the Vamo?
    Why does it stop at 5v?
    What's the obsession with 15watt limits?

krissovo wrote: »
    It looks more like a sex toy

Can't comment on that Kris never seen one, so I have to bow to your superior knowledge on the subject :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

kiffy wrote: »
    Can't comment on that Kris never seen one, so I have to bow to your superior knowledge on the subject :eek:

I don't think you're meant to see them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

It's 3 to 5 volts and 2 to 15 watts which pretty much covers the bases for most people, love the upgradeable firmware and the fact it takes 18650's.

Pity it looks so much like a "muff missile."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭dragona

mrplop wrote: »

Pity it looks so much like a "muff missile."

:eek::eek::eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

This is one model I doubt they will do a pink version of......or black.....

Found a website that has the eVic for sale at €100 (€112 with shipping) it's a Greek site. It's a pre order for Dec 13th arrival.
    Never come across them before and was wondering has anyone done biz with them?
    http://www.ecig.eu/e-cigarette-starter-kits/joyetech-evic-mod-starter-kit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 32 PinkVaper

http://pinkvaper.com/wordpress/the-mysterious-mid/

bit of news on the MID, wonder will this be the game changer??? the eVic video is amazing but on paper not so earth shattering....looks nice though and I like the screen personally :)

PinkVaper wrote: »
    http://pinkvaper.com/wordpress/the-mysterious-mid/

bit of news on the MID, wonder will this be the game changer??? the eVic video is amazing but on paper not so earth shattering....looks nice though and I like the screen personally :)

Got to get me one of dem as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 evanmarko

Found a website that has the eVic for sale at €100 (€112 with shipping) it's a Greek site. It's a pre order for Dec 13th arrival.
    Never come across them before and was wondering has anyone done biz with them?
    http://www.ecig.eu/e-cigarette-starter-kits/joyetech-evic-mod-starter-kit.html

i would also like to know if anyone has bought from this company?
    i went to the Joyetech site and see them listed in Greece and Cyprus with ecig.gr and ecig.eu websites.

http://www.joyetech.com/distributors/dis.php

anyone with have any experience with this company? :D

evanmarko wrote: »
    i would also like to know if anyone has bought from this company?
    i went to the Joyetech site and see them listed in Greece and Cyprus with ecig.gr and ecig.eu websites.

http://www.joyetech.com/distributors/dis.php

anyone with have any experience with this company? :D
    **** it I'm going to order off the Greek site tomorrow, doesn't seem any Irish vendor looking to stock it for the moment, was hoping to buy off one of our Irish sites to keep the money at home :(

**** it I'm going to order off the Greek site tomorrow, doesn't seem any Irish vendor looking to stock it for the moment, was hoping to buy off one of our Irish sites to keep the money at home :(

i couldn't resist myself, i just pre-ordered the eVic, kind of a Christmas gift to myself :rolleyes:

i also found a coupon which took off 10% !!!!! i see other coupons with 20 and 30% but none worked apart from the 10%

coupon code
    ECIG10

found the coupon here
    http://www.retailmenot.com/showcoupon/4115509

i couldn't resist myself, i just pre-ordered the eVic, kind of a Christmas gift to myself :rolleyes:

i also found a coupon which took off 10% !!!!! i see other coupons with 20 and 30% but none worked apart from the 10%

coupon code
    ECIG10

found the coupon here
    http://www.retailmenot.com/showcoupon/4115509
    Going to wait now as ESI are getting them in before Xmas and getting it from them. You will be lucky to get this side of the new year, as I think the cut off date for Xmas post from Greece is usually middle of the month, that was the case when getting stuff from relatives in Greece in the past.
    I'll let you know what it vapes like when I get off ESI :D

Going to wait now as ESI are getting them in before Xmas and getting it from them. You will be lucky to get this side of the new year, as I think the cut off date for Xmas post from Greece is usually middle of the month, that was the case when getting stuff from relatives in Greece in the past.
    I'll let you know what it vapes like when I get off ESI :D

does ESI have a delivery date yet? at ecig they told me the first shipment is are arriving on the 13th and the second on 15th. Apparently i am getting it from the first shipment and will be here on the 14th or 15th of the month :D

does ESI have a delivery date yet? at ecig they told me the first shipment is are arriving on the 13th and the second on 15th. Apparently i am getting it from the first shipment and will be here on the 14th or 15th of the month :D

They haven't given a specific date, just before Xmas, only a few weeks too wait.

• Advertisement

Really enjoying the eVic, it feels just half the wait of the Provari, don't know if it's as durable as the Provari as I haven't dropped it on the floor yet :eek: but no problems with the lectrics like some mods I can think of :p

The 2600 mAh battery lasted me 22 hours, and have got 3 18650's 2200 mAh's from my lavatube set up. :)

Running it on watts and around 9.5 with my 2.4 viva coils.
    Would recommend it to anyone thinking of upgrading and only €70 from Bargainvaper :)

Going to use the eVic as the main vape for now the computer link up is kool too and awaiting the new software update to V2 luvly jubilee. Dont think anyone can justify the Kanger Twist as the best starter kit from now on when you can get a vapour intelligent cigarette kit for jut €8 more ;)

Dont think anyone can justify the Kanger Twist as the best starter kit from now on when you can get a vapour intelligent cigarette kit for jut €8 more ;)

including batteries, charger, clearos, 5 sample juices and a nice case?

That's pretty good kiffy!

Lucutus wrote: »
    including batteries, charger, clearos, 5 sample juices and a nice case?

That's pretty good kiffy!
    Minor details Picard.
    You get a 2600 battery, and can charge it via the control head no charger needed, clearos are cheap enuf too.

so a single battery and you can't use the device while it charges?

kiff.png

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Ouch, this is just heating up. Ill hold your Jacket Kiffy. Anybody for Popcorn

Lucutus wrote: »
    so a single battery and you can't use the device while it charges?

If it lasts a chain-vaper like Kiffy 22 hours then one just has to remember to put it on charge before one rolls over to go to sleep every night....surely????

Charging a battery... While asleep?!.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! Calibos is a madman!

grindle wrote: »
    Charging a battery... While asleep?!.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! Calibos is a madman!

Should I be worried that my iPhone will kill me one of these nights? ;)

Calibos wrote: »
    Should I be worried that my iPhone will kill me one of these nights? ;)

Yes!

Well, no, but I have more faith in Apple's knowledge of circuit design & engineering skills than the mostly random gaggle of cloners in Shenzhen who seem to look at whatever product and go "Sher we'll have a lash off that there, we'll see how it goes."
    Case in point and back on topic: eVic - designed and intended to have a 15w limit and a 3.5amp limit.
    Actual numbers: 11w and a 2.2-2.3 amp limit (lower than an eGo Twist).

Serious case of "Wha..?" out of that for me.

The eVic does look very pretty in 18350 mode though, if pretty counts for anything.

• Advertisement

Yeah the battery stops charging when full ;)
    And I know how good the value the Kanger starter kit is too, but how many of us go from twists to bigger mods, so why not go for a good one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and skip paying €62 before moving on?

Advertisement