Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webtech / TV4FREE

• 13-04-2011 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all, Im just posting a thread to highlight the absolutely terrible service and product that Webtech . . .now known as TV4FREE provide. I contacted them about a year ago and asked them to install their dish / satellite box. . . . and regretted it ever since! :mad:

The first day they came to install the dish - they stuck it on the front of the house . . . . out of pure laziness as they just could not be arsed getting up to the chimney. I wasnt at home and got someone to let them in. I contacted them immediately asking them to move it as I am in a semi-d and my neighbors weren't terribly impressed as they somehow managed to install it pretty much on the border with my neighbor's house. It took over 2 months for them to return and move the dish, and when a different installer eventually arrived - he actually commented on how badly it was put up in the first place. It should be noted that they promised on numerous occasions to come and move dish, and I actually took a day off work - and they never showed.

So a few months after that, I started to get the "weak signal" or "no signal" appearing on my screen, which would eventually lead to a loss of signal and no tv. This has been going on for quite a while and I have rang them numerous times, only to be told every time that someone would be out to have a look at it - needless to say nobody has ever turned up. It eventually came to a head last week when they stated that they would not be sending anyone out as the system was now no longer under warranty, and basically told me to get lost!!

Soooo I contacted a local repair guy who was out the next day to have a look at the system, and without even asking he was able to tell me that it was Webtech / TV4FREE that installed it. He examined the cable and said that it was damaged in two locations, one of which where they managed to hammer a nail through it!!!Basically there was water getting in which was continually disrupting the signal. So now I have to pay this repair guy to replace the cable.

Anyway as I said above, I am posting this thread in the hope that it will prevent them for getting further business. I am sorry about the rant but I thought it better to give ye an idea of how rubbish they are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

Not sticking up for them as it sounds like a bad job was done. But a lot of people would regard a chimney as a bad place to put a dish and only use it as a last resort!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Not sticking up for them either but in my view home owners should always be present when the installation is taking place so that the dish location can be discussed before any work takes place.
    We never install a dish unless a homeowner or other person with the responsibility to decide where the dish should be placed is present.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Offering Rte free on Satellite too.. unless they provide an aerial, but theres no mention, a bit mis leading methinks..

http://www.tv4free.ie/services.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AFJC

Kind of missing the point 12 Element and Tony. . . . . . . . the location of the satellite dish aside - the post was to highlight the terrible customer service the company provides. . . . and the fact that they were incapable of completing the job properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I understand your frustration but you have to bear in mind that TV4free are not here (so far) to give their side of the story and since I am a competitor it might be seen as disengenuous (sic ?) to make any further comments other than those above.

AFJC wrote: »
    Kind of missing the point 12 Element and Tony. . . . . . . . the location of the satellite dish aside - the post was to highlight the terrible customer service the company provides. . . . and the fact that they were incapable of completing the job properly!

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 no signal

tv4free should be shut down noting but cons,when they get ur money u wont see them again.

Advertisement