Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Got my sim today but getting Edge on the network.
    And no way it's connecting to YouTube for example.
    Is this a bad sign.
    Any advice as to what I can do with it.

It's because you're such an EDGE lord :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Tusky wrote: »
    Can I order a sim today and port my number later? Or do you have to click "keep my number" when ordering in order to port your number at a later date?

1404081924844.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

In the APN settings, I just got Eircom wap.
    Maybe this is the problem.
    Do I need to import APN settings

Try this
    I set up 2 SIMS today for my parents and I had to update settings to get mobile data working

delete the data access point and create a new profile with these settings (everything else as default).

APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: wap
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    APN Type: default,supl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Hey I have question regarding the fix €10 for 30 days charge.

I did some reading and I think I got this info but I would still prefer a second opinion.

Let's say you are within your 30 day contract, and you travel abroad. With prepay services, what you top is what you'll get, meaning there won't be any extra charges, the service either continues or stops.

What about GoMo? If you're abroad you suddenly get distracted by thing you haven't seen in a really long time, like the sun, and forget to turn off the SIM card, could you potentially rack up some serious charges? Do they have a permission to charge your card or is the contract fixed and your SIM card will simply stop working?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You have free calls/texts abroad (in Europe) and 10Gb data usage (so use wifi where possible if you're a youtube addict)
    Anything above your data usage or outside Europe usage will be charged at their normal rates which can be found on their website (tho if you are outside Europe it's always cheaper to buy a local sim)
    This is par for the course for every single provider - remember this is billpay not PAYG, so you can rack up additional charges if not careful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I believe GoMo cap the additional charges at Eur 30 so your max bill can't be more than Eur 39.99. The downside of this being that your service is suspended until the end of the billing period should you reach the max spend of Eur 39.99.

Edit: Apparently it is the out of bundle use only that they suspend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Gooser14 wrote: »
    I believe GoMo cap the additional charges at Eur 30 so your max bill can't be more than Eur 39.99. The downside of this being that your service is suspended until the end of the billing period should you reach the max spend of Eur 39.99.

True and a very good policy to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thank you. That's excellent.

EDIT: I just read this nice article: https://goosed.ie/gomo-whats-the-catch/

It says that 30 euro is for when you miss your payment. You can miss it three times and then you can call them, pay and reactivate the account. I haven't been able to find the max cap for addition charges in their terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Gooser14

The info is in their FAQs under Usage and Connection Issues:

"Why can't I make a chargeable call?
    We have an out of bundle cap of Eur 30. This means you can spend up to Eur 30 on charges that are not included in your bundle. This includes Premium Rate Services such as 1890/1850 numbers, any non-standard text messages, roaming over the EU cap, roaming outside the EU and international calls and texts. We have this limit to protect our customers. If you cannot make a chargeable call you may have reached this limit. You will not be able to incur any more out of bundle charges until after your next billing date."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Just 1 hour left to avail of this offer according to the GoMo website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Now €12.99/month according to gomo's Twitter
    https://twitter.com/gomoireland/statuses/1217355739020382211

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Still the best price for virtually unlimited mobile on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

What about the mistake on the website...Tests :pac::pac:

500072.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

How is the eir network going to cope with all these additional customers (assuming its not just eir customers moving) I wonder?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    am i missing something ?
    i cannot see a mistake, that is the new price

Texts not tests

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

OmegaGene wrote: »
    am i missing something ?
    i cannot see a mistake, that is the new price

They have tests instead of texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    What about the mistake on the website...Tests :pac::pac:

500072.GIF

VHI won't be happy with that

VHI won't be happy with that

12.99 which includes a full health test is also a good offer.

EDIT: They must be reading this page as its just changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Is there way to contact them without login details? I signed up but didn’t verify my email within 12 hours and keep getting bad request message or login details incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

lubie76 wrote: »
    Is there way to contact them without login details? I signed up but didn’t verify my email within 12 hours and keep getting bad request message or login details incorrect.

Should be a small tab on the side of this page.

Shop.gomo.ie

Or contact via twitter/Facebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

They should probably update their pricing info on the website

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile-pt12.2-3.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dubladdie

Just an update for anybody that is on Three and they price matched with GoMo at €10 a month...

I logged into my account and the discount had not been applied, I requested this 2 months ago!

Got back onto Three today and they said that it would now be added to my account, Just wait and see now if they actually do honour it!

Has anybody else had the same issue? Just keep an eye on your accounts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

The info is in their FAQs under Usage and Connection Issues:

"Why can't I make a chargeable call?
    We have an out of bundle cap of Eur 30. This means you can spend up to Eur 30 on charges that are not included in your bundle. This includes Premium Rate Services such as 1890/1850 numbers, any non-standard text messages, roaming over the EU cap, roaming outside the EU and international calls and texts. We have this limit to protect our customers. If you cannot make a chargeable call you may have reached this limit. You will not be able to incur any more out of bundle charges until after your next billing date."
    Aren’t 1850/1890 numbers included since 1 Dec?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

webpal wrote:

As far as I know they're just not premium rate anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

webpal wrote: »

Yes and 0818.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 solataire

Hi have my gomo sim , before I port , how do I know if my iPhone needs to be unlocked ..? ?? Bought in Vodafone shop , not on contract , bill pay Vodafone red essentials .

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Dont hold your breath waiting on that vodafone crowd to give you a network unlock code..Worst ever customer service,waiting 3 weeks now when it should have been unlocked automatically.
    Ringing vodafone helpline and the girl could barely speak english,took me five minutes to help her understand how to pronounce the words D for dave and b for barry for her i kid you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Dont hold your breath waiting on that vodafone crowd to give you a network unlock code..Worst ever customer service,waiting 3 weeks now when it should have been unlocked automatically.
    Ringing vodafone helpline and the girl could barely speak english,took me five minutes to help her understand how to pronounce the words D for dave and b for barry for her i kid you not.

Is it an iPhone, they are some of the only phones that can be unlocked automatically. Connect it to a PC with iTunes open and it should be unlocked within a minute, although you could leave it connected for an hour or so just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

they are 2 brand new samsungs both from vodafone last september for my son and daughter..the sims had over 300 euro each spent on them,so according to vodafones own unlocking charter they should have been unlocked pretty fast..when i did my own phone back when gomo launched vodafone unlocked it in 10 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Is the tenner offer gone now ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement