Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The offer is still open until tomorrow.
    My OH wanted to change from 3 where she was paying 60 a month and going out of contract. But 3 offered her a deal to match gomo at 10 / month.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

My OH wanted to change from 3 where she was paying 60 a month and going out of contract. But 3 offered her a deal to match gomo at 10 / month.

Not sure its a match, Gomo price is locked to €10. Three will only do it for 12 months very reluctantly.

I saved €80 p/m by moving from Three to Gomo, a no brainer for us anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

For how long?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

kceire wrote: »
    GoMo specifically stated from the start that WiFi calling is not supported.

Is this the same as using WhatsApp for calls? Daughter on GoMo and can make and receive calls via WhatsApp.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Hi folks. Advice needed. I have received my new gomo sim. My old 3 service is gone. I log into my gomo account and see I have alert. I type my 3 phone number in that I want to move. What do I do next? Do I have put in another move date, and get a code, put in new sim? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Wombatman wrote: »
    Is this the same as using WhatsApp for calls? Daughter on GoMo and can make and receive calls via WhatsApp.

Not quite. It would be a normal call, but over wifi, instead of cellular. You wouldn't need to use Whatsapp/Viber etc. Just the standard dialler on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Consistently good speeds here in South Dublin

Do they support 5G?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Dumb question am on a rolling 30 day contract sim only with eir.

If I apply for Gomo before the deal ends and select my porting date for say 33 days time then call eir to serve my 30 day notice, I should ok right?

Suppose I could cancel eir first, get my last day with them date and apply to Gomo with that for the porting date?

Heard good and bad things about gomo, just hope I get the good and seamless transfer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Fireball81 wrote: »

If I apply for Gomo before the deal ends and select my porting date for say 33 days time then call eir to serve my 30 day notice, I should ok right?

Suppose I could cancel eir first, get my last day with them date and apply to Gomo with that for the porting date?

Heard good and bad things about gomo, just hope I get the good and seamless transfer!

If you have been with them longer than 30 days then you can port away today. No need to give notice. When you request the port from GoMo, eir will automatically close your account and send you a final bill.

If you gave notice and waited longer than 30 days they could cancel your account and you'd have problems getting your number back.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Thinking of using the GoMo SIM in a wifi router. I have very low internet usage so should never come close to the 80gb "limit".

I have a Huawei B525 router which is not currently tied to any network. Is there anything I need to consider with this approach or should it work out of the box?

Thanks - AZ

• Advertisement

AlfaZen wrote: »
    Thinking of using the GoMo SIM in a wifi router. I have very low internet usage so should never come close to the 80gb "limit".

I have a Huawei B525 router which is not currently tied to any network. Is there anything I need to consider with this approach or should it work out of the box?

Thanks - AZ
    Put it in a phone first to remove the SIM pin. After that then it should be just a matter of popping it in the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tracey01

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Put it in a phone first to remove the SIM pin. After that then it should be just a matter of popping it in the router.

I use mine in a router with no issues. I enter the pin in the admin page (192.1.1 etc whatever it is) I have mine bookmarked as I can never remember it.

We usually reach the limit by the end of the month so the last day or two we have terribly slow internet so we just hot spot from our phones if needed then.

But we have gone from €45 and up a month for eir mobile broadband to a set 9.99 a month so its a great saving for the exact same service.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Just moved a second SIM to GoMo without a hitch.. Got the GoMo SIM in early dec and used it in a router for relatives home from abroad over Christmas.

Ported my Vodafone number (one of a multi-line) to it without issue today [during business hours] - was only out of service for the length of time it took me to swap sims when Vodafone signal wend dead.
    • Calls incoming and outgoing working very well.
    • Data is as fast as Vodafone was in my location.
    • SMS all good too

Another happy camper.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Many thanks to all who gave advice. 2 gomos up and running and saving plenty of yoyos.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭psycho93

zetor 4911 wrote: »
    I signed up for GOMO and received my sim but didn't realize that my phone was locked to 3 so went into my local 3 store and they submitted a request on line for an unblocking code said it would take 2/3 day but it's now 4 day anyone have to do the same and how long did it take?

check your junk/spam email folder. mine was sitting there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If they don't extend it then it effectively ends today...
    https://gomo.ie/last-updates/
    This is the last chance to get all calls, all texts and all data for €9.99 a month for life with GoMo. It is confirmed that a new but also limited time mobile offer will launch early on the morning of Wednesday 15th
    January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Do they support 5G?

4G can have real world speeds of 130Mbps or more although gomo doesn't come close to this but it is possible as Vodafone do.
    If gomo can't come close to maxing 4G speeds how important is 5G to you?
    What kind of speed do you need? Does 5G have other advantages that are not related to speed?

tuxy wrote: »
    4G can have real world speeds of 130Mbps or more although gomo doesn't come close to this but it is possible as Vodafone do.
    If gomo can't come close to maxing 4G speeds how important is 5G to you?
    What kind of speed do you need? Does 5G have other advantages that are not related to speed?

Lower latency and higher capacity. :)

I don't care too much about 5G myself, but I'm sure there were also people a few years ago who asked why people care so much if their mobile network will include 4g for free in their plan considering how fast 3G currently is, it's all relative. :)

Ten Pin wrote: »
    If they don't extend it then it effectively ends today...
    https://gomo.ie/last-updates/

8am tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Lower latency and higher capacity. :)

I can't see gogo having these things as priority.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Do they support 5G?

The Irish Independanty says yes and either one or two users here say yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Fireball81 wrote: »

In some cases if you give eir your 30 days notice Eir delete your number on the 30th day and then it fails to port on the 33rd day.

I'd move to prepay with Eir and then to Gomo or just don't tell Eir at all and take your number without saying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Got my sim today but getting Edge on the network.
    And no way it's connecting to YouTube for example.
    Is this a bad sign.
    Any advice as to what I can do with it.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Well it’s not a good sign
    Have you tried turning it off and on again ?

😀 Not sure if sarcastic but yeah. Tried searching automatically for network and manually connecting to Eir 3g network. Still get Edge. Or occasionally H with no bars (still no YouTube etc).
    Are there data settings.i need to put in manually

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Where are you based?
    Check here if there is a mast nearby
    https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/

It's not showing roaming is it?

fritzelly wrote: »
    Where are you based?
    Check here if there is a mast nearby
    https://siteviewer.comreg.ie/

It's not showing roaming is it?

No, no roaming from what I can see. Theres one eir/meteor mast about a km from me

In the APN settings, I just got Eircom wap.
    Maybe this is the problem.
    Do I need to import APN settings

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Can I order a sim today and port my number later? Or do you have to click "keep my number" when ordering in order to port your number at a later date?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Tusky wrote: »
    Can I order a sim today and port my number later? Or do you have to click "keep my number" when ordering in order to port your number at a later date?

You can order now and port later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

I'm going purchasing the sim card now but going to decide when to port at a later date when i receive the sim card.

Can i just purchase a new sim/new number or do i have to enter my current number and have it validated now to port in the future?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement