Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Easca Mattress Discount

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

We have our Easca mattress now for 5 days and I dont smell anything anymore. And it didnt smell bad to begin with. The IKEA mattresses we have smelled a lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Have mine about 2 months now and no smell here too... A very slight one on day 1 but gone very quickly after.

Deffo keeping it, as to be honest my back is very thankful for this mattress as after just two weeks I'm no longer waking at night up (or in the morning) in pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Ours didn't smell bad, just of chemicals. Lasted about a week. Definitely not right to have it still smelling that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

In the market for a Euro King size mattress: 160cm (w) x 200cm (l)

Not an easy size to find.

Dealing with Ikea was a total mare so we gave up.

Mattress.ie - you ring both numbers and the voice answers immediately and says, "You cannot leave a message. The mailbox is full." Not encouraging! When a guy did eventually answer, he tried to sell me something I didn't want, saying he could get that model in the Euro King size we're after. Seriously underwhelming. Tried to buy via PayPal on their site, for some security, but there is no option to book takeaway of the old mattress, which he said they offer. (So do Ikea by the way - but, not over the phone. And, when you go to their store to book collection of the old mattress, they tell you they don't offer the service. Cowboys - strictly for the purchase of small items only.)

Bigmickey.ie - where on that site can I confirm how big a mattress actually is? I must be going blind.

Easca.ie - I like the site and the look of the product - they have one in the size we need - €695 with reduction. But, no mention of collecting the old mattress, and all this talk here of a "smell" is a little disconcerting.

Memoryfoamwarehouse.ie - ideally, we'd like pocket-sprung/medium-firm, which they don't seem to have.

So, looking like Easca at the moment, unless I'm convinced otherwise.

D.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Dinarius wrote: »
    In the market for a Euro King size mattress: 160cm (w) x 200cm (l)

Not an easy size to find.

Dealing with Ikea was a total mare so we gave up.

Mattress.ie - you ring both numbers and the voice answers immediately and says, "You cannot leave a message. The mailbox is full." Not encouraging! When a guy did eventually answer, he tried to sell me something I didn't want, saying he could get that model in the Euro King size we're after. Seriously underwhelming. Tried to buy via PayPal on their site, for some security, but there is no option to book takeaway of the old mattress, which he said they offer. (So do Ikea by the way - but, not over the phone. And, when you go to their store to book collection of the old mattress, they tell you they don't offer the service. Cowboys - strictly for the purchase of small items only.)

Bigmickey.ie - where on that site can I confirm how big a mattress actually is? I must be going blind.

Easca.ie - I like the site and the look of the product - they have one in the size we need - €695 with reduction. But, no mention of collecting the old mattress, and all this talk here of a "smell" is a little disconcerting.

Memoryfoamwarehouse.ie - ideally, we'd like pocket-sprung/medium-firm, which they don't seem to have.

So, looking like Easca at the moment, unless I'm convinced otherwise.

D.

Have 160cm X 200cm in stock. Any other model that you want can be made especially for you and will be available by Friday of this week if ordered today or tomorrow. PM me and we can discuss.

Thanks

• Advertisement

The smell of the ecasa mattress is exaggerated. Not worse than ikea, and gone in a day or two

Have 160cm X 200cm in stock. Any other model that you want can be made especially for you and will be available by Friday of this week if ordered today or tomorrow. PM me and we can discuss.

Thanks

Can you post links to models that are available in 160x200?

Thanks for the prompt response.

D.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

Can you post links to models that are available in 160x200?

Thanks for the prompt response.

D.

I sent you a pm earlier today. All our regular stock is available in any size and generally available within a week.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gark

Easca don't honor their warranty...

I have been trying to return my Easca mattress, but they have been ignoring my emails.
    They also stopped replying on Facebook after I had told them it's about a return.
    They only replied once saying that the 100 days have passed, but my very first email was within 100 days...

I have been looking for their CRO number for the Small Claims case, but looks like they are not registered in Ireland..

Did you actually check their website?

Call 076 680 5111, talk to someone instead of emailing.

• Advertisement

Poncke wrote: »
    Did you actually check their website?

Call 076 680 5111, talk to someone instead of emailing.

Yes, I checked their website, they have an Irish VAT number, but a UK address.

I also tried to call them a while back (didn't get through), but I think it should be a reasonable expectation in 2018 that a company replies to emails or FB messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Their products are vastly overpriced. You can buy a top of the range Sealy single on Littlewoods for almost two hundred less than an equivalent from Easca.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ameliaharry654

I dont have much knowledge about ecasa, but I saw it on Nest Bedding Coupons when I was searching for a mattress. If you are interested to buy then visit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 inthedrops

OldBean wrote: »
    We got one of these a few months ago. I got 50 quid off on a voucher like that above, but no further discount.

They're well made and very comfortable, it takes about a week to get fully settled and about a month for the weird smell to disappear, but I'd definitely get another one.

@OldBean what would you say about your easca mattress now a year later?

I'm still pretty happy overall. I said it before, but I still feel there's a little too much memory to the memory foam, and their claim of 6/7 out of 10 for firmness is a little off, I'd be saying 5 at most. I'd like if the cover was easier to clean, or at least easier to remove the top so we can clean it.

We (unknowingly) had a broken bed slat up until recently and I was beginning to doubt the mattress. After a new bed and the premium Ikea bed slats, it's sleeping like a dream again.

We're currently about 18 months into it, and we'll definitely get another year if not another 18 months out of it, but I can see us getting a new mattress around then, and I'm not sure if it'd be another Easca. Still, €545 with the discount over two years works out at less than €1.50 a night. Not a bad investment.

I would love a bit more clarity on where they're based and the product - If it's rebranded Casper, etc I'd rather just know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 inthedrops

That's great, thanks for the informative and quick response

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Savage_Henry

I have a negative experience with them as a company. I wanted to return it within their 100 day trial. I sent initial email in june, and it hasnt been resolved still.
    They have replied to:
    Zero emails
    Zero voicemails
    Zero facebook messages.

Ive managed to reach them over phone only a few times - first they said they will contact me with a pickup date within a week - never happened. In last conversation i offered either they collect it or i keep it against partial refund - they said they have to think about it and will ring me back tomorrow. They never rang.

99% times when i ring - its "everyone is busy at EASCA, please leave a message"

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jigsaw 27

Hi savage Henry,

I experienced the exact same treatment as yourself. No refund, i couldn't even use it in the spare room because of the smell and it actually cost me more money to get rid of the essca mattress.

I actually bought a new mattress from a high street shop since and the owner of the shop explained to me that these "mattress in a box" are costing the like of essca, simba, eve and casper less than £100 to obtain and then with there discount codes and affiliate advertising campaigns are selling them to the likes of fools like us for and extortionate price, he also said the mattresses are extremely bad for the body and offer zero support. He told me that all of these companies partake in the practice of fake reviews and less than ethical practices, just google "Casper buys review site" they are all at it.

I feel your pain Henry but it gives me some comfort that i was not the only one taken in by their nonsense.

I hope you get it resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Jigsaw 27 wrote: »
    Hi savage Henry,

I experienced the exact same treatment as yourself. No refund, i couldn't even use it in the spare room because of the smell and it actually cost me more money to get rid of the essca mattress.

I actually bought a new mattress from a high street shop since and the owner of the shop explained to me that these "mattress in a box" are costing the like of essca, simba, eve and casper less than £100 to obtain and then with there discount codes and affiliate advertising campaigns are selling them to the likes of fools like us for and extortionate price, he also said the mattresses are extremely bad for the body and offer zero support. He told me that all of these companies partake in the practice of fake reviews and less than ethical practices, just google "Casper buys review site" they are all at it.

I feel your pain Henry but it gives me some comfort that i was not the only one taken in by their nonsense.

It's obviously worth noting that the guy who told you this has a vested interest in people not buying these mattresses as it cuts him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Anyone look into a credit card charge back?

• Advertisement

Jigsaw 27 wrote: »
    Hi savage Henry,

So I am not the only one, I have been trying to return my mattress for over the year now, they just completely ignore all my messages (email/fb). They replied on fb up until they realised I wanted a refund..

brightkane wrote: »
    Anyone look into a credit card charge back?

I think you can request a chargeback 120-150 days from the transaction, but more time has passed in my case.

If this isnt resolved soon enough, ill resort in involving media - ill post here if ill need your involvement.

That's disappointing to hear - but from what you've mentioned, it seems perfectly placed for the small claims court.

https://thecai.ie/your-rights/small-claims-procedure/

Let us know how it goes, whatever happens.

In the end we went with Ikea. While they were a mare to deal with regarding their non-existent old mattress collection service; once we accepted that we’d have to make alternative arrangements, everything else with Ikea was fine. (They delivered the mattress to the wrong address, but sorted it quickly.)

The mattress is superb. Firm as a yoga mat, which we love. Price is unbeatable.

We used http://ecomattressrecyclingireland.com/ to take away our old mattress. A dream to deal with. We were even able to leave the mattress in the porch, so we didn’t need to be there when they collected it.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

In the end we went with Ikea. While they were a mare to deal with regarding their non-existent old mattress collection service; once we accepted that we’d have to make alternative arrangements, everything else with Ikea was fine. (They delivered the mattress to the wrong address, but sorted it quickly.)

The mattress is superb. Firm as a yoga mat, which we love. Price is unbeatable.

We used http://ecomattressrecyclingireland.com/ to take away our old mattress. A dream to deal with. We were even able to leave the mattress in the porch, so we didn’t need to be there when they collected it.

D.

Which Ikea mattress did you go with and do they do the same type as Easca?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

We bought an Eve Hybrid kingsize mattress last year for 599e (currently 20% off at mo) after Which? magazine rated it as a best buy. The Eve is similar to the Caspers/ Easca etc. type mattresses.

Large hubbie absolutely loved it and back troubles (whether coincidentally or not) seemed to disappear while we had it. Small wife found it too hard and too smelly (hubbie never noticed smell) and after a month (you have to try it for 30 days before you can return it) of no sleeping the mattress had to go.

Eve collected it no problem and said it would take a week or two for inspection and refund to process. After about two weeks we contacted them to remind them about the refund and refund was processed the next day.
    While the mattress didn't work out for us we were very happy to have been able to try it out. If Eve had offered a dual firmness mattress like Sleeping Duck or Tweak duo we would have been happy to try that out rather than returning it completely.

After going through a few mattresses over the last 10 years we are on the look out for a standard dual firmness mattress now but the thoughts of buying one without a 100 money back trial is putting me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I saw one advertised during the night on one of those shopping channels (the joys of insomnia). :)

It had a split format where you can make each half soft/hard by orienting your half of the mattress a certain way. Seemed like a clever idea. I think it was about £500 or 3 installments of £167-ish.

100 day trial, money back guarantee, free delivery, free collection (if required).

If I see the ad again, I'll make a note of the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FYI the ad was for the Dormeo S Plus Memory Foam Mattress. :)

https://www.dormeo.co.uk/dormeo-s-plus-memory-foam-mattress.html

• Advertisement

Ive slept in friends house on Dormeo imemory silver and must say it felt the best of all mattresses ive slept in recent years.

Advertisement