Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ocean FM

• 17-09-2009 3:37pm

Ocean FM is on here in the background at work,appalling rubbish they are playing.Have they changed their music policy,a lot of the stuff they played today was reminisant of North West Radio?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Are you a paid radio critic? Is it part of your job description to post on boards?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Ocean FM is on here in the background at work,appalling rubbish they are playing.Have they changed their music policy,a lot of the stuff they played today was reminisant of North West Radio?

Ocean FM is really NW Radio re-incarnated. It's practically the same station, sure they have the same DJs and presenters...
    The worst show is hospital requests on a Sunday lunch time, Marian Fitzgerald only ever plays pure culchie country music. :rolleyes: She doesn't realise there's people under 30 sick and in hospital too...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I don't like Ocean, so I don't tune in. And I think people are remembering North West with rose tinted glasses. It was dire. At least Ocean has some life and vibrancy to it. Still don't listen to it though. Or that awful I101 station. Annoying D.J.s godawful music and unfunny gags. I'd rather piece my eardrums with a rusty nail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

il gatto wrote: »
    I don't like Ocean, so I don't tune in. And I think people are remembering North West with rose tinted glasses. It was dire. At least Ocean has some life and vibrancy to it. Still don't listen to it though. Or that awful I101 station. Annoying D.J.s godawful music and unfunny gags. I'd rather piece my eardrums with a rusty nail.

I101 is very americanised alright.
    They still do the death notices on Ocean dont they taken directly from North West radio? Something quite kitsch about that but provides a useful community service nevertheless. Anyway theres just no choice as far as I can see when in comes to music radio in Ireland. All a bit streamlined. Nothing like x fm here unfortunately. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

That I102-104 is sh¦t.

I was in Harry Corry once and they had it on. This was in the afternoon and the fella was talking about pissing into a bottle and throwing it over someone. Pure crap.

Ocean is hardly better. Always playing the same music. I don't listen to often but if I ever change it over all I hear is Fergal Sharkey's one hit wonder - you know the tune - or some other 80's stuff along the lines of ELO.

Change the flipping record would ye!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Madge wrote: »
    Ocean FM is really NW Radio re-incarnated. It's practically the same station, sure they have the same DJs and presenters...
    The worst show is hospital requests on a Sunday lunch time, Marian Fitzgerald only ever plays pure culchie country music. :rolleyes: She doesn't realise there's people under 30 sick and in hospital too...

I was amazed to hear that she is having a 50th birthday party soon. I honestly thought that she was in her 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Crotchety wrote: »
    That I102-104 is sh¦t.

I was in Harry Corry once and they had it on. This was in the afternoon and the fella was talking about pissing into a bottle and throwing it over someone. Pure crap.

Ocean is hardly better. Always playing the same music. I don't listen to often but if I ever change it over all I hear is Fergal Sharkey's one hit wonder - you know the tune - or some other 80's stuff along the lines of ELO.

Change the flipping record would ye!

I must say I enjoy i102 good crack in the morning, Connor Lynch is a Sligo man, I used to work in the Garavogue in his days there sound man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Essexboy wrote: »
    I was amazed to hear that she is having a 50th birthday party soon. I honestly thought that she was in her 70s.

And no better looking 50 year old is there in the county! Marion is a lovely lady, fair enough she may like country music, but it takes all sorts. She brightens up many a sick persons day in hospital.

She is also a successful career lady, Sales and Marketing manager with a large hotel group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Culchie wrote: »
    And no better looking 50 year old is there in the county! Marion is a lovely lady, fair enough she may like country music, but it takes all sorts. She brightens up many a sick persons day in hospital.

She is also a successful career lady, Sales and Marketing manager with a large hotel group.

SHILL!!!

I would like to recommend Ocean FM, my girl goes to sleep to it every night. Quickly. :p

P.S. Where's your moderaternesship gone Culchie? Was there a scandal and I missed it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

I think Irish radio in general is absolute sh*t I can drive from Dromahair to Sligo with no music being played. This DJ here should be reminded that they are there to play music. France is the only country where they talk as much as here.

Not to mention it is very old music most of the time.

There is a very good solution though, it's called MP3. No more radio!! Hooray

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

I102 104 is absolute drivel. That moron that is on air in the evenings on I go home is especially bad, does he even realise he's on the radio? I dont think so, because if he did hewouldn'tspeaksofastsothatwecanatcualyunderstandwhatheisramblingonabout.

Utter tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Culchie wrote: »

Do you mean McEniffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

SHILL!!!

I would like to recommend Ocean FM, my girl goes to sleep to it every night. Quickly. :p

P.S. Where's your moderaternesship gone Culchie? Was there a scandal and I missed it?!

I resigned, no time anymore. Took them 3 years to accept my notive:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭fionntang

Crotchety wrote: »
    That I102-104 is sh¦t.

!
    Its a radio station aimed at youth so obviously it would obviously break your comfort zone if your usted to hearing death notices and patrick feeney's greatest hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I never listen to ocean fm either, i102-104 has a terrible daily line up, those two lads on the i go home ( i think that's their show) are absolutly terrible. They think they are funny, have a lot of 'in-jokes' that only the two of them can relate too. It annoys me to hear them on the radio.

The girl who is on at night time and presents her show in irish and english is very good though, she speaks but doesn't over-do the talking and plays a good amount of music, not like those to drivell talking, unbearable fools on the day time show.

If they want an example of how to be funny on the radio with a good ratio of talking to music then they should listen to todayfm from 12:00 to 2:30 during the week because Ray foley with jp, adele and ann gleeson. That's how it'd done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭fionntang

different strokes fro different blokes i guess,listenership ratings would suggest otherwise too

• I have listened to 4FM whilst travelling down south and I would love to get that station on the radio up here in Sligo.I know its on the internet but it would be nice to have it in the car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭emcc

cloneslad wrote: »

If they want an example of how to be funny on the radio with a good ratio of talking to music then they should listen to todayfm from 12:00 to 2:30 during the week because Ray foley with jp, adele and ann gleeson. That's how it'd done.

No, no and again, no. That imbecile is about as funny as a terminal disease. Tries to do what Chris Evans did back in the 90's by filling the studio with his equally moronic mates and then talking over them. It wasn't funny then, and it's not funny now.

Plus he's from Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I can't stand Ray Foley either. He belongs on 2FM.

I never listen to Oceam FM but I do look at the news page on their website most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

genie wrote: »
    I can't stand Ray Foley either. He belongs on 2FM.

I never listen to Oceam FM but I do look at the news page on their website most days.

I'm the same, the 'wacky' radio host pretending to be 14 drives me nuts. Anytime I have listened to i102 it's the same tripe as Foley and his ilk. But, it's obviously horses for courses.. At that time of the day Sean Moncrieff gets my vote.

Ocean FM website for the news, but tbh that is a bit rubbish since they changed the format.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Ocean FM website for the news, but tbh that is a bit rubbish since they changed the format.

I'm stuck with it because I'm on dial up and 9 times out of 10 I can't even load Sligotoday.ie :rolleyes:

I also look at the Sligo Weekender site the odd time, but much less so since they made the local notes .pdf files and download only. It's not my fault I'm on dial up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

genie wrote: »
    I'm stuck with it because I'm on dial up and 9 times out of 10 I can't even load Sligotoday.ie :rolleyes:

I also look at the Sligo Weekender site the odd time, but much less so since they made the local notes .pdf files and download only. It's not my fault I'm on dial up :rolleyes:

wow so people still use dial-up? We're almost 10 years into the 21st century!! I feel so sorry for you!!

Advertisement