Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2008 Regular Season Discussion Thread

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

:D he's not bad this kid Snider ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

And thats the blue jays done for the season!!! ;)

Next up the division title!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Thanks in no small part to the umpires (and Overbay)

Cubs with 14 no hit innings in a row...Lilly no hitting the Astros through 5.

Just amazing catch by Jim Edmonds to keep it alive.

• Advertisement

Think i might have jinxed him!!! Just turned on gameday to start the seventh and Loretta gets a hit!!

As i had stated earlier in the year, i had hoped the Sox would be in Anaheim for the playoffs as i will be at a wedding in LA.. and wouldnt ya know it, it is going to happen!!!! Arrive in LA next Monday and Game 1 is wednesday or thursday!!! Wedding not till friday so i'll be making the trip to Anaheim to watch Beckett in Game 1!!!! Come on the Sox!!! Haven't bought tickets yet but their seems to be alot on stubhub for between 70-100 dollars. I don't care where i sit just once i'm there.. Will probably just buy from a tout outside the ground, it'll be a one off so anywhere in the region of 100 dollars suits me fine!!!!

Oh is baseball still on?....I lost interest about 2 weeks ago :P

Sounds cool though. I hope to be in Toronto for the playoffs next October :D

zuutroy wrote: »
    Oh is baseball still on?....I lost interest about 2 weeks ago :P

Sounds cool though. I hope to be in Toronto for the playoffs next October :D

No doubt their time will come soon!! The AL East will be a beast of a division next year..

Kinda32 wrote: »
    No doubt their time will come soon!! The AL East will be a beast of a division next year..

hmm...Rotation next year is currently Roy Halladay + 4, so I wouldn't be so sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Kinda32 wrote: »
    As i had stated earlier in the year, i had hoped the Sox would be in Anaheim for the playoffs as i will be at a wedding in LA.. and wouldnt ya know it, it is going to happen!!!! Arrive in LA next Monday and Game 1 is wednesday or thursday!!! Wedding not till friday so i'll be making the trip to Anaheim to watch Beckett in Game 1!!!! Come on the Sox!!! Haven't bought tickets yet but their seems to be alot on stubhub for between 70-100 dollars. I don't care where i sit just once i'm there.. Will probably just buy from a tout outside the ground, it'll be a one off so anywhere in the region of 100 dollars suits me fine!!!!

My jealousy cannot be quantified!

Burnett has been amazing lately. Really hope he doesn't opt out :(

Hope Halladay can pick up no. 20 tonight. Will be an exciting condensed game while eating the cornflakes in the morning!

zuutroy wrote: »
    Hope Halladay can pick up no. 20 tonight. Will be an exciting condensed game while eating the cornflakes in the morning!

What a way to get there. He's a class act.
    Doing some work right now that will mean a trip to Montreal in April, so hopefully a detour to Toronto will be made!

And thats it 86-76...not so bad..well there's always next year :)

Advertisement