Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some Channels gone in last few days

• 06-10-2013 5:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi
    I've noticed in the past few days that some of my Free to Air Channels are not available, particularly - AlJazeera and a few others.
    These were on Astra 28.2 (I think??)
    However many other channels on Astra (28.2) are still working fine - does anyone know how to get the missing ones back.?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Conology wrote: »
    Hi
    I've noticed in the past few days that some of my Free to Air Channels are not available, particularly - AlJazeera and a few others.
    These were on Astra 28.2 (I think??)
    However many other channels on Astra (28.2) are still working fine - does anyone know how to get the missing ones back.?

Thanks

there's a lot of changes. There's a thread in the satellite thread about it.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057052276/2/#post86865311

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Taken from http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-tv-channels/54114-ses-eutelsat-transponder-changes.html

After years of disagreement we are now only a few days away from a major change in transponder frequency allocation. "I'm surprised this hasn't caused more debate or interest on satellite forums since it was first announced last October. There could potentially be over 250 services on Sky and Freeset needing to switch frequencies and reshuffle uplinks next month as Astra and Eutelsat use slightly different frequency layouts. This includes various big Sky SD and Box Office channels, Comedy Central, BT Sports SD and HD, Zee, National Geographic, Sony, loads of radio stations, plus all the obscure shopping channels".

As a statement says........"The move comes days after SES won an appeal with the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) after arch rival Eutelsat filed a request for arbitration with regard to what it asserted was a breach by SES of the 1999 Intersystem Coordination Agreement. Rejecting any notion of a breach, SES maintained that it had been granted full rights to use German Ku-band orbital frequencies at 28.5 degrees East effective from 4 October 2013 as part of a 2005 agreement with German media service provider Media Broadcast which held a licence for these frequencies issued by German regulator the Bundesnetzagentur. The agreement gave SES the right to use 500 MHz of bandwidth which SES said it would use for DTH satellite television services in the UK and Ireland and for other services inside and outside of Europe."

Eutelsat would only be left with 250 MHx (11.200-11.450GHz with 12 transponders) having lost 500 MHz to SES/Astra.

In any case it looks like Sky are moving their channels off Eutelsat early:

A copy of 11508H has started on 10921H
    A copy of 11565V has started on 12304H
    A copy of 11603V has started on 12188H

This may pretty well go towards taking up all the spare space on that satellite.

I've also noted BT's whole BT Sport HD offering is on 11.469 H and this will no longer be available to Eutelsat next month. Other major channels are potentially at risk of having no legal transponder available to them from 05 Oct 2013. Of course Astra 2F has spare capacity which has remained unused since launch and ahead of its replacement by Astra 2E when it is launched sometime soon. Maybe that will take up the slack.

Obviously Sky will look after any changes through its EPG and viewers won't see any difference on Sky channels. Some other channels that form part of the Sky package may have frequency problems. The real potential problems will be experienced by non-Sky package channels who currently transmit from Eutelsat's satellite in the frequency band that will be reassigned.

Lets hope the content providers and uplinkers make this a painless change for the end user.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

kingtiger wrote: »
    Taken from http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-tv-channels/54114-ses-eutelsat-transponder-changes.html

Hi
    Thanks for the detailed reply.
    I've simply reset the channels - and recovered the lost ones,
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

If a lot of channels go onto 2F then its goodbye for a lot of us Europeans that receive a lot of our "Home" tv via 28.2 east. That UK beam is impossible to get. It will be interesting to see what happens, as a lot of revenue to Sky would be lost from ex pat bars and clubs all over Europe if these channels go on the tight beam (Sports channels). I see BT sports/Setanta and ESPN are bookmarked for this move. Could be bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Roisin3

kingtiger wrote: »

Hi
    Thanks for the detailed reply.
    I've simply reset the channels - and recovered the lost ones,
    Thank you
    I live in Ireland and have Free to Air. We lost a few channels , including Euro News. I got the Transponder numbers etc. I put them in and a few channels that had gone came back. However Euro News did not!!
    I got in touch with the people who installed the dish but I was told there was a problem with Euro News.
    Can you help? Please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Roisin3 wrote: »
    I live in Ireland and have Free to Air. We lost a few channels , including Euro News. I got the Transponder numbers etc. I put them in and a few channels that had gone came back. However Euro News did not!!
    I got in touch with the people who installed the dish but I was told there was a problem with Euro News.
    Can you help? Please

What kind of box have you got??? if its an arriva u need to enter the details under eurobird 1 instead of Astra 2 and you will find euronews and any others by doing the same procedure and the relevent frequencies listed below

http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-1N-2A-2F.html

Thanks for your reply. We have a Triax TSC 114 HD Combi Receiver. I'll have a look at that Eutelsat link and see how I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

Go professional next time you need work Roisin :)

How did you get on?

Thanks for your reply. We have a Triax TSC 114 HD Combi Receiver. I'll have a look at that Eutelsat link and see how I go.

Here is a full channel listing that I done for that box...

you will need to simply retune the terrestrial channels for your area afterwards

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1zbjprF1ZKmVE9jQ1JMRFYtcHM/edit?usp=sharing

Hi
    Thanks for the link but it would not open for me in Adobe or Word. I went to the Eutelsat but I was not able to follow it. When I got the frequencies from the Euro News page they looked like this.
    Frequency 12 226
    Polarisation H
    Symbol Rate 27500
    Sorry to sound so stupid but I'm a Granny and in love with Tech etc but not up to speed.

• Advertisement

Hi
    Thanks for the link but it would not open for me in Adobe or Word. I went to the Eutelsat but I was not able to follow it. When I got the frequencies from the Euro News page they looked like this.
    Frequency 12 226
    Polarisation H
    Symbol Rate 27500
    Sorry to sound so stupid but I'm a Granny and in love with Tech etc but not up to speed.

u save the file to a usb pen, place the pen into the back of the box and goto settings and then click upgrade and pick the file....it will then fix all the sat channels for you, but you will need to retune the rtes for your area..

I'm a bit nervous about doing that as I have all the channels that we watch. I just want the Frequency, Polarisation and symbol for Euro News. I might lose more channels doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

12663 H 22000

Yippee, radiowaves, your a star**** . It works and I've moved it up to where we always had it. Thanks a million, you sure know your stuff xxx

Advertisement