Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Camskill Tyres ????

• 06-02-2009 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I'm about to buy 4 new tyres from Camskill Tyres . The problem is it won't allow me pay online. Have emailed them and they have sent their bank A/C details bank. What are other peoples experience using the above. ???

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I've used them fine, paid for tyres using Credit Card on Tuesday lunch time they arrived yesterday lunch time!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kkibos

Thanks for the quick reply. Have tried using my credit card put it throws back the following error (Secuitems product string is invalid) return to previous page. Also tried my wife's card. And cards are not maxed out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

kkibos wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply. Have tried using my credit card put it throws back the following error (Secuitems product string is invalid) return to previous page. Also tried my wife's card. And cards are not maxed out

Why not call, do they charge much for delivery and are you making a big saving over prices here?

4 PIRELLI SCORPION ZERO 255/60R18 112V for £500 + £11.95 shipping. They don't take payment over the phone

4 PIRELLI SCORPION ZERO 255/60R18 112V for £500 + £11.95 shipping. They don't take payment over the phone

Thats a good shipping price, is that to anywhere in the south.

The reason I ask is that I was quoted from this company in scotland £25 delivery for 4 tyres.

http://www.blackcircles.com

• Advertisement

Yes

Yes

I have just been on the camskill site and when entering ireland as delivery it is quoting £23 for 4 tyres.?

When i select Ireland (R.O.I) (IE) -tyres- 4X4 £11.95

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭podge3

mcwhirter wrote: »
    I have just been on the camskill site and when entering ireland as delivery it is quoting £23 for 4 tyres.?
    I was charged £23 delivery a few weeks back for delivery also.

They are an excellent company to deal with, however.

When i select Ireland (R.O.I) (IE) -tyres- 4X4 £11.95

I just checked the tyres your buying and you are being quoted that price due to the special offer, selling 4 tyres in a batch, therefore only paying for 1 item.

Its a good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

I was charged 20 quid for 4 tyres last week.

OP, it wouldn't have anything to do with your credit card address details as I remember you had to enter it exactly as on your credit card statement line for line. (3 lines for as it appears on statement) and where you may enter some parts twice over?

I ordered mine last Friday, not here yet and I think they only were dispatched last Tue/Wed but I'm sure they will be here soon.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

As mentioned above double check all credit card details and maybe ring them
    mcwhirter wrote: »
    Why not call, do they charge much for delivery and are you making a big saving over prices here?

They charged me £20 for delivery of 4 tyres - I saved about €400 by ordering from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

Camskill are a great company always have the tyres within 2 days,i've saved 500 euro each time the last two times i got 4 tyres from them.although i did find it hard to sleep that night for being so unpatriotic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

I've used them for suspension and they were very quick,ordered on a monday and i had it here on wednsday.There prices are very good on coilovers too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 99qwerty99

Got Camskilled up last week myself too...very fast delivery and prices are a fraction of down south.....

So once u get the tyres delivered, do camskilll recommend approved tyre fitters that might do Tracking/Balancing too...?

(Driving round at the moment with 2 bald tyres on the car and 2 new ones in the boot!!!)

thanks

b.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Just do a search here for local tyre fitters and their charges.

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/stationssuche.pl?dsco=124

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Clonbootyres....mobile tyre service in the West. Fitted and balanced 6 tyres I got from Camskill a couple of weeks ago for Eur 80

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement