Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Marathon 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭William72

4 stars (good)
    Peckham wrote: »
    This one. Having done your long runs about 45 seconds slower than this pace, you should be all set to run that time in the marathon (assuming all the other training elements went fine).

...and I get the feeling that's the answer you want to hear!
    kennyb3 wrote: »
    Defintitely anything bar no. 1 or even the 4.07 option. People will often say double the half time and add 10mins but that would generally be for sub 3 guys, i think it was shown a year or so ago on here that its doubly your half time and add 14 - 25 mins for most over the 3 hour mark. obviously it all depends on training and other factors. Id say go with # 3 as peckham says.
    jcsmum wrote: »
    I agree with this, I'm in the same boat as yourself and have decided to aim for a 4:15. :)
    ilovetorun wrote: »
    Count me in aswell:D

Thanks All and yes, that was the answer I was looking for but in a "this is what I was thinking of doing am I mad" kind of way. 4.15 it is.
    jcsmum and ilovetorun - good to see some familiar names from the novices forum in here - hope all goes well for you on Monday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

3 stars (average)
    liamo123 wrote: »
    What time are u hoping for Opus...Have u fully recovered from Berlin..

It's all out of my hands cause I'm running along with a friend to provide a bit of moral support (not pacemaking obviously!). He's hoping to get under four hours anyway. Imagine you'll be going for something a bit faster!

Seems to be ok since Berlin, I did the Cork to Cobh run the w/end straight after it but have been lazing about a bit since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pdiddyw

what time are people generally hoping to be there for on Monday morning...round 1/2 8 i guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

3 stars (average)
    opus wrote: »
    It's all out of my hands cause I'm running along with a friend to provide a bit of moral support (not pacemaking obviously!). He's hoping to get under four hours anyway. Imagine you'll be going for something a bit faster!

Seems to be ok since Berlin, I did the Cork to Cobh run the w/end straight after it but have been lazing about a bit since :)

Not sure where im at TBH..Had chest infection ( unreal I tried to give up the cigs...only when I went back on them it went away ) and found it hard to clear ..Might head off with 3.15 pacers and c how I feel.. c u afterwards for pint hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

Well folks, the best of luck on Monday and thanks for all the tips and advice.

I hope everyone is happy with their respective performances but remember whether is your 1st or 101st any marathon finished is a good marathon.

Hopefully see a few of ye in McGrattans after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

I hope the wind dies down for you guys before Monday. Just in from a longish run and the wind knocked the $hite out of me. If it's the same on Monday try and get some shelter from the pacers or other runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

Remember this is what we are trying to get.... :D:D:D

DublinTop.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Peckham

try and get some shelter from the pacers

So, not only are we expected to lead people to their PBs, but also 3 of us are supposed to act as a windbreaker for a couple of dozen people! What have I signed up for? Next I'll be told that I'm not allowed to drop out at UCD and hop on a bus back into town :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    Remember this is what we are trying to get.... :D:D:D

DublinTop.jpg

I'm looking for this
    dublin-marathon.jpg

Can wear it everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

4 stars (good)
    Not a fan, bit of a dodgy colour and reminds me of a monopoly board, it may grow on me i suppose.

You better get an extra small one then......;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    Peckham wrote: »
    So, not only are we expected to lead people to their PBs, but also 3 of us are supposed to act as a windbreaker for a couple of dozen people! What have I signed up for? Next I'll be told that I'm not allowed to drop out at UCD and hop on a bus back into town :rolleyes:

Only if you've brought bus fare for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Mick Rice

4 stars (good)
    ....run well and have a blast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Very best of luck to everyone on Monday!

Hope you all achieve your goals!

Who knows, maybe next year Ill be joining you all!! (ROFL!!)

Happy Running :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Best of luck everyone for Monday, really wish I was joining you all (stupid stress fracture:() Hope you all have a great run and looking forward to reading all the race reports, GOOD LUCK!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭itsalltrue

4 stars (good)
    Best of Luck to everyone. It will be my first so hoping to go less than 4 hours but the main goal is to finish.

Hope everyone enjoys the day and reaches their own targets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Good luck to one and all on Monday....hope each one of ye attain ye're personal goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

4 stars (good)
    itsalltrue wrote: »
    Best of Luck to everyone. It will be my first so hoping to go less than 4 hours but the main goal is to finish.

Hope everyone enjoys the day and reaches their own targets

I hope to win it but I wont be too disappointed with 8500th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

4 stars (good)
    Probably the last time on here before the marathon so good luck to everyone......i am going to destroy that sub 3.30 attempt**

**Does that sound confident enough

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

4 stars (good)
    Best of luck everyone....I'll see Krusty and co for the 3.15 pacers....

Time for some cheesy quotes 'Fortune favours the Brave' 'By Endurance we conquer'.........Bring it on.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

potsy11 wrote: »
    Best of luck everyone....I'll see Krusty and co for the 3.15 pacers....

Time for some cheesy quotes 'Fortune favours the Brave' 'By Endurance we conquer'.........Bring it on.....:)

"your feet are only sore because you're kicking ass"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Proxima Centauri

"Pain is just weakness leaving the body"

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

4 stars (good)
    Good Luck to everyone running Monday, especially the Virgins....:D:D:D

See ye in the PUB............ :pac:....

4 stars (good)
    Right...This is a taper question...I know from what I read that you can feel sluggish etc. during the taper period but does anyone else feel exhausted? My legs feel 100% but I feel like I could fall asleep all the time, literally!! I'm putting it down to the taper OR withdrawal from alcohol.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

4 stars (good)
    Reading weather forecasts make a poor substitute for Friday evening wine, but here goes:

yr.no - I'll take this. Maybe even with a sprinkle of rain during the race.

RTE - meh, the usual "everything will happen today"

BBC - Pretty good, glad its not on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Good luck to everyone on Monday.

I'll be stationing myself at strategic point(s) making noise and generally trying to keep everyone in chipper form. :D

Hope ye all have a great day, enjoy the experience and achieve your goal for the day. Might even see ye after...

4 stars (good)
    Emer911 wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone on Monday.

I'll be stationing myself at strategic point(s) making noise and generally trying to keep everyone in chipper form. :D

Hope ye all have a great day, enjoy the experience and achieve your goal for the day. Might even see ye after...

Ah Jaybus.....You mentioned the Chipper....Right so, I'm off to Macari's...Well, it's kinda carb loading ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

3 stars (average)
    digger2d2 wrote: »
    Right...This is a taper question...I know from what I read that you can feel sluggish etc. during the taper period but does anyone else feel exhausted? My legs feel 100% but I feel like I could fall asleep all the time, literally!! I'm putting it down to the taper OR withdrawal from alcohol.....:)

Feeling exactly the same the last few days!!!!

4 stars (good)
    I have a flight to Edinburgh at 2:50. What would be the best way to get to the airport on the day. Bus or car?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Best of luck to everyone for Monday - hope you all have a great run and get the times you want !

First time in 6 years that I won't be lining up at the start - ran Berlin last month and promised wife and kids that we'd do something this mid-term (other than "watching Dad run the marathon - again !") so heading to London tomorrow for a few days - will be thinking of you all on Mon. morning !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Way too many logs to post on individually so best of luck to all the boardsies running and a massive fair play to the pacers for giving up their time, legs and voices! Enjoy

Advertisement