Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Playstation Classic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭smurf492

PlayStation classic down to 59.99 in smyths... Just got an email from them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Dropped to £25 in some Tescos in the uk.......

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/playstation-classic-2-controllers-2450-tecso-maryhill-3152135

At £25 its a definite buy, even to hack it and clean up the roms (swap out the PAL for NTSC). FFS at £25 I'd just put it on the shelf as a display piece

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Yep gonna hold off for €30 myself, they must have loads of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭airmax87

Can't seem to get retroarch to boot any cps1/2/3 or neogeo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭ozmo

horgan_p wrote: »
    At £25 its a definite buy

Thats some price drop - Can they be bought online anywhere at this price + shipping?

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

ozmo wrote: »
    Thats some price drop - Can they be bought online anywhere at this price + shipping?

Seemed to be one or two tescos in the UK running that price , either a 'get em shifted' managers discount or an accidental reduction.
    I dont think Tesco over here carried them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

If these keep dropping in price I might buy one for the hell of it. I'm glad I cancelled my pre order on one of these. I'd be sick if I paid 99 for it after all the problems with it. Sounds like a shed of a system but for small money I'd buy one, as an ornament at least.

Interesting - device gives you access to the emulators built in menu - allows you to change the settings like frame rate, add scan lines etc. Wonder why Sony hid that menu... Also makes it possible use wireless controller...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r5DPXI_pnc

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Big update to Bleemsync released.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Might have to buy one of these things now.
    Einhander FTW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭airmax87

Hack stick is an absolute scam, just make the bleemsync stick yourself, its as easy as dropping some files into folders.

airmax87 wrote: »
    Hack stick is an absolute scam, just make the bleemsync stick yourself, its as easy as dropping some files into folders.

I cannot be sure as I havnt tried either- but they look like two completly things.
    Hack stick is the less hacky one- it gives you wireless support and enables the existing hidden menu so you can run games at the intended 60hz rather than 50. For 20 quid it might have its uses.

Bleem does other stuff but not above?

“Roll it back”

The 'hack stick' (stupid name btw) is just a controller bluetooth receiver and they have mapped the 'esc' key to a button combo to you can bring up the emulator menu.

Bleemsync creates a usb drive that allows you to add other games, emulators, custom themes to the stock system.

The 'hack stick' (stupid name btw) is just a controller bluetooth receiver and they have mapped the 'esc' key to a button combo to you can bring up the emulator menu.

Agree to all that(*) - and this is what I said in my post - the Bleem does not have either of this functionality you mention - eg,. Bleem as far as I can see doesn't offer Scan lines, control sensitivity, wireless or 60Hz play. Its only 20 quid - hardly a scam but seems to Complement the bleem device (*plus I might add it looks terrible)- again I dont have one.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Agree to all that(*) - and this is what I said in my post - the Bleem does not have either of this functionality you mention - eg,. Bleem as far as I can see doesn't offer Scan lines, control sensitivity, wireless or 60Hz play. Its only 20 quid - hardly a scam but seems to Complement the bleem device (*plus I might add it looks terrible)- again I dont have one.

Bleemsync lets you do all the above except wireless (you still need a hardware dongle for this), you can changed the emulator settings for each game individually or use a different emulator entirely, add scanlines, themes etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I couldn't help it...
    I had a €20 voucher there for the local mall and got the PS Classic for €40 as a result.
    Now to make the magic happen!
    I need the Ridge Racer and NfS games on there, but Raiden Project, Raiden DX, Einhander and Harmful Park are must haves too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

€40 is ok i think.
    What mall are you talking about?

eddhorse wrote: »
    €40 is ok i think.
    What mall are you talking about?

Argos in Swords Pavillions.
    They have a good number more.
    If the device is now as easy to hack as a NES Classic Mini I'd say they might become more popular quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

It's very easy to hack, nothing to it. The hack vastly improves on the original, games play at full speed and mine has over 50 games now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

pasta-solo wrote: »
    It's very easy to hack, nothing to it. The hack vastly improves on the original, games play at full speed and mine has over 50 games now.
    Can you pm where you got the games?
    Cheers

• Advertisement

Google the hack name and games pack, you'll be led to right places quickly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

pasta-solo wrote: »

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭Inviere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Google the hack name and games pack, you'll be led to right places quickly enough.

Well I never, of all the people....

I was wrestling with mine last night.
    I don't really have many to install that I don't already own, so my conscience is clear!
    But it just took ages to get them on there, but I imagine the installer will improve to do batches of games in time.

I only had time to try one out, so I tried The Need for Speed, the original one, and it works like a charm.
    Is there a way, via Bleemcyst, to implement scanlines?
    Perhaps in a later edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭brianregan09

There is an option for scanlines on bleemsync they aren't the best though and don't cover the full screen

• Registered Users Posts: 55,422 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I thought this thread would be more active - sorry about the bump. :)

I set this up over the weekend, and did the OTG update to free up the player 2 controller, all good.

Long shot, but has anyone set one of these up recently with AutoBleem and Retroboot/RetroArch?
    In Autobleem 0.7.1, you can now play emulated games straight off the carousel, showing artwork.
    There are a few videos on YouTube from MadLittlePixel and Restalgia showing how it works.

I tried setting it up over the weekend. I can play emulated games through Retroarch, no problem.
    It's clunky, so I want to use EvolutionUI and the carousel instead.

However in EvolutionUI, I'm supposed to be able to press Select + L2 from EvolutionUI to load my Retroarch playlists but nothing happens.
    I have set up playlists, artwork, database etc.

Any idea what I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

These are now 20 euro in Gamestop, brilliant price.

Now just have to learn how to hack them...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,422 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Emulation Station is now up and running on the PSC. :o
    I had that on a Raspberry Pi and it's a nice interface. Searching/filtering is a bit easier than Retroarch too.

I see also someone managed to get "DreamCast" working on PSC. Search youtube.
    Sound is a bit choppy in some games but looks playable.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭Inviere

Mr E wrote: »
    Searching/filtering is a bit easier than Retroarch too.

Although RetroArch itself is technically a frontend for the various 'cores' it runs, I too find the GUI not the best. It's fine for configuring, setting up, managing configs etc...but for day to day use, you have to go full emuception and put a frontend over RetroArch (ie, Launchbox).

Advertisement