Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade 1Ups replica cabs thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I can't decide between the MK and Streetfighter one

Streetfighter one is the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

I think o1s1n has convinced me to go for the Mortal Kombat one as I could always make or order a street fighter CP afterwards if I really wanted 6 buttons per player.

Surely companies will be making control panels and mods for these when they take off?

The only place I could get away with one of these without the parents having a heart attic is in my converted attic, so large CRT cabs are out of the question.

These would be perfect for my needs. Still need to see what the internals consist of and if the buttons and joysticks need replacing.

Here’s the official website where you can add yourself to the mailing list.

http://www.arcade1up.com/

Couldn’t find any footage of them at the New York fair but found something else that’s cool:

Found it! :cool:

r7kGMSur.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

They look ok those machines. But my worry is the size, 4 feet tall and a 17" screen!
    Is it to small to properly enjoy(that's what she said etc etc)?

And of course we dont know whats actually running them, which i dont care about as long as we can do some hacky hacks on them ourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭Inviere

Steve X2 wrote: »
    They look ok those machines. But my worry is the size, 4 feet tall and a 17" screen!
    Is it to small to properly enjoy(that's what she said etc etc)?

And of course we dont know whats actually running them, which i dont care about as long as we can do some hacky hacks on them ourselves.

17" is a bit of a deal breaker for me, it's bloody tiny. I'd a 19" in my bartop, & even that barely sufficed. You can't really change out the screen as the bezel is made to fit. Unless someone starts producing replacement bezels, that can accommodate larger screens, I think I'll have to pass. That said, I think they're a fantastic looking product (going from the images), and will look great in any games room.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I wouldn't mind the size at all myself, regularly play on a 14 inch CRT. Once you're sitting in front of it it's grand.

Main gripe would be just the fact that it's an LCD. Be great if you could somehow get some nice CRT emulation going on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This is 17" in 4:3 rather than 16:9 so it won't seem as tiny

o1s1n wrote: »
    Be great if you could somehow get some nice CRT emulation going on it.

Inviere is the man to talk to about CRT emulation!

Actually if you're reading man, id love to know which filters/overlays youre using in Retroarch for CRT emulation.

I was able to download some directly but i found extra ones on pastebin that wouldnt load for some reason, and they looked awesome from screenshots.

Doge wrote: »
    Inviere is the man to talk to about CRT emulation!

Actually if you're reading man, id love to know which filters/overlays youre using in Retroarch for CRT emulation.

I was able to download some directly but i found extra ones on pastebin that wouldnt load for some reason, and they looked awesome from screenshots.

Will take a look later on & see what I have set up. Actually, there's a new Retroarch out (1.7.1 I think) that has a new shader in it that I see good comments on (its called Meta CRT, I haven't used it yet myself).

• Advertisement

Actually if you're reading man, id love to know which filters/overlays youre using in Retroarch for CRT emulation

Answer, here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Retro Games Party in the UK are making replicas of dedicated cabinets now.
    You can get a custom one with your own joysticks, or changed to Jamma etc etc
    Sounds like a good idea, might be pricey though.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Retro Games Party in the UK are making replicas of dedicated cabinets now.
    You can get a custom one with your own joysticks, or changed to Jamma etc etc
    Sounds like a good idea, might be pricey though.

All I’m seeing is original arcade machines for hire and parts for sale in their estore? You sure it’s the same crowd?

http://www.retrogamesparty.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Apparently the games will be run through a custom emulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

All I’m seeing is original arcade machines for hire and parts for sale in their estore? You sure it’s the same crowd?

http://www.retrogamesparty.co.uk/

Yeah same guys, only announced it there on a podcast this week so not sure why they havent updated their website.

Not much on their Twitter either.

There is an example on their Facebook though.
    https://www.facebook.com/retrogamesparty/photos/a.333214253433290.82456.111103082311076/1615081901913179/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

any idea of a price point?

Looks like the cabs have been pulled from the GameStop site.

Hopefully your preorders will be honoured lads. I should have bought one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I wonder why they pulled them :/ was going to get a streetfighter one

I wonder why they pulled them :/ was going to get a streetfighter one

In order to triple the price I’d imagine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Probably should rename the thread
    "So Gamestop were selling arcade cabs then..."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Probably should rename the thread
    "So Gamestop were selling arcade cabs then..."

WTF.... they are gone from the page now

Master of the Universe

Skerries wrote: »

Want levels growing...they do look really cool!

I wonder did a licensing issue come up and that's why they were removed from GameStop?

Gamestop seemed to have thrown them up as soon as they were announced, possibly working from the US template and, even then, from the press release.

Hopefully an updated entry will be incoming, and a solid price point.

That Tempest/Asteroids cab looks perfect, if I could get something like Gravitar on there as well it'd be even better!

Sambro are to be the distributer in Europe

https://toyworldmag.co.uk/news/sambro-announces-distribution-deal-for-arcade1up/

Debenhams sell their stuff so maybe they might be in there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Interesting, wonder if gamestop will actually follow through or if they'll cancel and re-appear at some ridiculous price point. I can see the appeal for many, I'd be out though without a CRT...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Article in Eurogamer on retro gaming.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-07-the-sd-card-and-the-vintage-video-game-revolution

I can't believe someone is getting away with a £160 Scanline Generator!

Master of the Universe

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Article in Eurogamer on retro gaming.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-07-the-sd-card-and-the-vintage-video-game-revolution

I can't believe someone is getting away with a £160 Scanline Generator!

Pondering buying a NeoSD again after reading that now :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Relikk

o1s1n wrote: »
    Pondering buying a NeoSD again after reading that now :/

I still mourn the day when your AES was almost mine. :(

Terraonion announced a NEOSD Pro a few days ago. Uses RAM and flash, so loading games to RAM will be much quicker.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?274221-NEOSD-PRO-The-New-Terranonion-Neo-Geo-Product-March-2018&p=4277349&viewfull=1#post4277349

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

I was in Symths head office and they have one of these in their reception. Looks like they got one in to evaluate it to see if they will stock it or not. As I had the young lad with me and it was powered off I didn't get to have a proper go at it, although my 3 year old poked at it enough!
    My thoughts....it's low/small, as in very small and very low. It's almost like a bartop sitting on a fairly small base.
    Height wise I'd say it came up to around my elbow.
    Skerries earlier post/video link on size is important to note, the video below shows them and it's very easy to not notice but they are sitting on a high platform that makes them seem much higher.
    Link to video
    https://www.today.com/video/fourth-hour-guests-receive-a-hot-wheels-system-and-arcade-1up-game-1167493187563

Cab wise it does look well though, it was the Street fighter cab and art work wise it does look well. The stick/buttons are as you would expect, but each players stick/buttons seem very close together. So 2 adults playing will struggle with it.
    It's does have a fairly poor looking on/off switch and another poor looking high/low volume switch that sits above the controls

spares-and-parts-electric-guitar-switches-and-tips-switchcra-r6465-320px-320px.png

I did get a picture of it with the young fellow in front of it, I'll try to post that later

Advertisement