Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photobuddies thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thinktwice

one2one wrote: »
    Hi Guys, maybe arrange a meet up soon, with some newbies and pro's that could show us the ropes :) ?

Hi I think this is a great idea was just looking at google maps. Anyone in Kerry interested. I saw one or two. Any interesting locations in mind?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thinktwice

I added myself to the map but can't see my name on the list I hope I didn't do anything wrong apologies if I have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I've stuck my details up there, oddly wouldn't work in firefox so had to use safari.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Just added mine there. Great idea.
    Actually planning on heading out some night this week in Dublin if anyone is interested -short notice I know.

Willy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

WillyWonka wrote: »
    Just added mine there. Great idea.
    Actually planning on heading out some night this week in Dublin if anyone is interested -short notice I know.

Willy.

Where are you planning?

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »
    Where are you planning?
    Open to suggestions if you're thinking of heading out. Have car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I have a car too so location is not an issue, I'm not sure where i'd like to go

will PM you. Anyone else interested just reply/PM :)

I'd be interested for Friday perhaps, location/weather depending of course!

Rb wrote: »
    I'd be interested for Friday perhaps, location/weather depending of course!
    I'll keep you posted on Friday. I'm aiming for tomorrow but not sure how the weather will turn out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

I would be interested too depending on the time and where!

WillyWonka wrote: »
    I'll keep you posted on Friday. I'm aiming for tomorrow but not sure how the weather will turn out.
    ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

This is a great idea. I've just added myself to the map, feel free to PM me if there's anything happening in the South East.

Mick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Would anyone be up for a night wander in Dublin this Saturday/Sunday? Just walk around the main areas (O Connell St./Grafton St etc) to get some urban long exposures?

Similarly Im looking for anyone who's up for daytrips on either Mondays, Fridays or Sundays! Im finished college for the summer and wanna get some good shots in!

?!

Sorry Rb, bit of a communication breakdown there. As it turns out I didn't go out either evening, was a bit under the weather :(

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Would anyone be up for a night wander in Dublin this Saturday/Sunday? Just walk around the main areas (O Connell St./Grafton St etc) to get some urban long exposures?

Similarly Im looking for anyone who's up for daytrips on either Mondays, Fridays or Sundays! Im finished college for the summer and wanna get some good shots in!
    I'm available on Mondays. May be up for something this Saturday night, although with the nightclub/pub/drunks traffic around that area at night would it be safe?

I'm available on Mondays. May be up for something this Saturday night, although with the nightclub/pub/drunks traffic around that area at night would it be safe?

Safety in numbers! That's what Im using this thread for - I'd be too afraid to shoot town on my own!

If we could get about 4-5 of us it could work out great! And get a nice, wee pint after perhaps.

Safety in numbers! That's what Im using this thread for - I'd be too afraid to shoot town on my own!

If we could get about 4-5 of us it could work out great! And get a nice, wee pint after perhaps.
    That sounds like a great plan!

Anyone in London at all? I'm looking for an excuse to head down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Dublin Docklands. I'm busy on Sat night but might manage tomorrow or Sunday night. I specifically want to go to the tall ships if possible. By night.

Any interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

tomorrow night could work for me?

Sunday night would probably be better for me of the two, am interested though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I would. On both counts.

For the weekend Saturday night would be the preference.

Sounds like this is shaping up well!

The ships sounds like a great idea too!

What about Sunday at 9:30pm, meeting at O'Connell Monument? The light would be at it's best then (weather permitting!), we could walk up the quays together, and then go back to O'Connell St. after for some shots there?

Add to the list if you're interested! :D:
    1. Mehfesto

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Sounds like this is shaping up well!

The ships sounds like a great idea too!

What about Sunday at 9:30pm, meeting at O'Connell Monument? The light would be at it's best then (weather permitting!), we could walk up the quays together, and then go back to O'Connell St. after for some shots there?

Add to the list if you're interested! :D:
    1. Mehfesto
    2. Thoie (weather permitting - I don't do rain ;) )

This is all provided mehfesto isn't an axe murderer.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

That's grand. Post here in advance if there's any problems.

Thoie wrote: »
    2. Thoie (weather permitting - I don't do rain ;) )

This is all provided mehfesto isn't an axe murderer.

other_awesomenessShiftyEyes.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

other_awesomenessShiftyEyes.gif

Dammit.

I've just, uh, remembered I'm washing my hair that night. All night. I'm, erm, doing each strand individually.

On a more serious note, have you ever murdered anyone with an axe? other than camera gear, any other way for recognising people?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

If I do Docklands tall ships tonight, it will be around 9.30 butfromherewhichisawakefartooearlyaftera4.30arrivalhomelastnight it's not looking good.

If I am lucky I will get to post a decision one way or the other around 7.

• Advertisement

Well I've got a fantastic Black and Silver Superman Tee shirt that's easily spotted! Wont be missing me!

I've just txted Thoie my number - forgot today's communions!
    But I'll do me best to be there!

Advertisement