Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men's toilet habits

• 16-03-2007 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi folks!

This is not as disgusting as the title may suggest. However, being a male myself and someone who does NOT practice the habits I will outline below, perhaps those who do practice these things might be able to shed some light on it for me. Btw, I'm not obessesed by this - just some observances in my local last night.

1) When there are 3 cubicles in the toilet, why do some lads pick the middle one??

2) When there is no-one at the cublicles why do some men go into the conventional toilet?

3) When there are one or two lads at the cublicles, why do some guys walk into the toilet, avoid eye contact, run into the toilet with the door, close it, LOCK it!, urinate, and then come out WITHOUT WASHING THEIR HANDS!!

4) On that point, why do 90% of males not wash their hands?? (OK that figure might be a bit high!) I don't know how many times my other half or my other female friends were introduced to some rake who I know did not wash his hands.

5) Why do some blokes stand at an odd angle as if they think that you want to view their willy??!!

6) Why is it that some guys stare straight ahead, say nothing to the guy beside them, and have a bewildered look throughout the process?

7) Why do some guys stare at their manhood in awe?!

That's just a few, I have loads of others. And again, I'm not some kind of pervert, I just feel it's my social duty to document these things, just as John B.Keane observed the peculiarities of corner boys!

As for my own 'toilet style', well I go in, nod at whoever is there and exchange banalities, go about my business and then wash my hands.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

Daith&#237 wrote: »
    Hi folks!

This is not as disgusting as the title may suggest. However, being a male myself and someone who does NOT practice the habits I will outline below, perhaps those who do practice these things might be able to shed some light on it for me. Btw, I'm not obessesed by this - just some observances in my local last night.

1) When there are 3 cubicles in the toilet, why do some lads pick the middle one??

2) When there is no-one at the cublicles why do some men go into the conventional toilet?

3) When there are one or two lads at the cublicles, why do some guys walk into the toilet, avoid eye contact, run into the toilet with the door, close it, LOCK it!, urinate, and then come out WITHOUT WASHING THEIR HANDS!!

4) On that point, why do 90% of males not wash their hands?? (OK that figure might be a bit high!) I don't know how many times my other half or my other female friends were introduced to some rake who I know did not wash his hands.

5) Why do some blokes stand at an odd angle as if they think that you want to view their willy??!!

6) Why is it that some guys stare straight ahead, say nothing to the guy beside them, and have a bewildered look throughout the process?

That's just a few, I have loads of others. And again, I'm not some kind of pervert, I just feel it's my social duty to document these things, just as John B.Keane observed the peculiarities of corner boys!

As for my own 'toilet style', well I go in, nod at whoever is there and exchange banalities, go about my business and then wash my hands.
    These are the eternal questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

A lot of this strange behaviour could have been caused but your far too inquisitive presence me thinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Because you were there... carefully observing their toilet behaviour and they wanted to avoid your busy eyes.

And by 'cubicle' do you mean 'urinal'?
    Why do you know what their facial expressions are? Just look straight ahead and say nothing like a normal person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Daithí Locha

Because you were there... carefully observing their toilet behaviour.

And by 'cubicle' do you mean 'urinal'?

Why do you know what their facial expressions are? Just look straight ahead and say nothing like a normal person.

Yes, I mean urinal. It can also be refered to as a cubicle. Or are you an expert
    on toilets?

Before this gets into a row, allow me, once more, to point out that I'm not staring at the guy next to me. If i've already been at the URINAL and another guy walks in, and can't help but glance at him. All the observations that I've pointed out above can be noticed in a split second.

humbert wrote:
    A lot of this strange behaviour could have been caused but your far too inquisitive presence me thinks!

These observances can be made in a matter of nanoseconds.

So spare me the inferences that you're attempting to make!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yes, I mean urinal. It can also be refered to as a cubicle.
    I suppose if you were desperate enough... and the stalls were full.
    Kinda mash it down the hole with your fingers.
    If i've already been at the URINAL and another guy walks in, and can't help but glance at him.
    That should be question 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

Here Here, look at the wall ffs not other peoples faces, as for going into the cubicle, well i just go in so i can stare at mr winkey in awe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

These observances can be made in a matter of nanoseconds.

So spare me the inferences that you're attempting to make!

I started reading this thread and it seemed humerous. But from your replies it seems you're taking it way too seriously.

I suppose if you were desperate enough... and the stalls were full.
    Kinda mash it down the hole with your fingers.

That should be question 8.

Ah, I get it. You're the resident a**hole on this site. Nice to meet you early so as I can ignore you in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Yes, I mean urinal. It can also be refered to as a cubicle.

Well, it can, but not correctly;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Why do they piss on the seat and not wipe it afterwards too would be a question of mine. I think this is a unisex problem though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

Ah, I get it. You're the resident a**hole on this site. Nice to meet you early so as I can ignore you in future.

And you may be resident pervert on this site, its ah like what did u expect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Cubicle=cube. Do people work in a urinal shaped office space?

Toilet cleaners excepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I hate it when i walk into a cubicle and fine piss all over the seat. Its just so unnecessary! Lift the seat and there is no problem. I always clean it as i do not want someone to come in after me and assume i left the mess :D

Anyway i always try to go into a cubicle as opposed to the Urinal for a very simple reason and nothing to do with being homophobic or anything. I like to have a good ole clean. I will wipe both ends and make sure im nice and dry rather than just let Pee soak into my underwear :D

Oh and this thread warrants a good ole link to www.ratemypoo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Indeed. Tis the perfect time to remove any ass grease.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hiya Daithi,
    Firstly, not a bad thread.
    Secondly, urinals are not the same as cubicles no matter how hard you try to make them
    Thirdly, calling someone an asshole is personal abuse and isn't really allowed on boards
    Fourthly, I always wash my hands :)
    Fifthly, I don't engage strange men in conversation when they have their willies in their hands, it just seems very...George Michael...and that's not my thing, if it was then I would happily do so :)
    Sixthly (this is getting ridiculous), When I use a urinal I'll stand where there's room, if there is a choice I'll stand left or right of the centre urinal.
    Seventhly (?), I can't say I've noticed any guys staring at their manhood in awe. I have seen guys casually glance over at other guys, I'm an eyes front kind of person, if I wanted strangers talking at me while I'm doing my business I'd smile and say 'hello' :). I do talk to blokes I know, usually exchanging banalaties, not discussing socioeconomics in the developing world or anything.
    Eightly, I'm toilet trained and have been living with Mrs r3nu4l for 7.5 years...ergo, I always lift the toilet seat and replace it when finished (I hope my brethern in the RHBG forum don't read this last bit!)

Hope this enhances your knowledge a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

Totally! I don't understand how women even manage it, is it that they hover while peeing and somehow manager to swivel their hips around in circles to ensure the seat is suitably covered in urine? Its vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭source

A GUIDE TO PROPER ETIQUETTE IN THE MEN'S RESTROOM

Ever since man crawled out of the primordial ooze, he has built himself structures to contain the processes of bodily waste removal. These have been known as "restrooms," "bathrooms," "outhouses," "commodes," "men's rooms," and several other names. As with any exclusive organization, wholy half the human race aren't allowed through the door, and a number of exceedingly complicated customs have arisen to maintain a sense of order and dignity.

General rules:

1. Don't talk to somebody you don't know. You may chat quietly with an acquaintance, but must absolutely not call attention to yourself.

2. A quick glance in the mirror is permissible, but absolutely don't spend a significant time arranging hair, clothing, etc. Zit popping is only permissable after checking to see nobody else is around.

3. No profanity of any kind. This is reserved for locker rooms, only.

4. If you must wait, form a single-file line, ragged, and be sure to keep looking around. Read graffiti.

Graffiti rules:

5. All graffiti is anonymous. If there's any chance somebody can trace your graffiti back to you, don't do it.

6. Writing graffiti in the open section of the bathroom is only acceptable if nobody can see you. Writing in the stalls is similarly acceptable.

7. If the bathroom is sufficiently public, feel free to insult different ethnic/racial/sexual groups. If the bathroom is used by a small few, restrain comments to amusing anecdotes or chit-chat about secretaries. If visiting dignitaries from other companies or the government may tend to use the bathroom, graffiti is forbidden.

8. Traditionally, all pictures feature women in various states of undress. Modern standards often include portions of male anatomy, discretely placed. Homosexual graffiti is generally frowned upon but is gaining popularity.

9. Pictures must only be drawn in toilet stalls.

10. Any sufficiently interesting graffiti will be painted over by the management of the bathroom.

Urinal rules:

11. Given a string of unoccupied urinals, you must choose one on the outside. When one outside urinal is occupied, use the other side, then middle. Avoid standing directly next to somebody at all costs.

For example, given seven urinals, here are acceptable configurations:

X...... (X == occupied, . == empty)
    X.....X
    X..X..X
    X.X.X.X
    XXX.X.X <-- These are only acceptable when significant
    XXX.XXX <-- "privacy" dividers are available. If the
    XXXXXXX <-- urinals aren't divided, use a toilet.

12. Always look at the wall. Looking down means you're obsessed or don't know what you're doing. Looking at other people is threatening.

13. Flushing is optional. Over time, the water will become a rich orange. At this point, flushing is mandatory.

14. Don't start unzipping until you're protected by the privacy of the urinal. Don't step back until you've closed your pants again.

Toilet rules:

15. Reduce noise at all costs. Grunting is not acceptable.

16. Always flush.

17. When you find an unflushed toilet, leave it alone and use another.

Special cases:

18. Some university dormitories have co-ed bathrooms. New rules apply for dealing with the females. a. Never, ever, comment on how they look in the morning. b. Don't ask what the little wastebasket is for. c. If urinals are present, only use them when absolutely no females are around. If you are noticed by a female, try your best to ignore her presense until you're dressed again.

19. Port-O-Let's and similar constructions are evil. Use them only if absolutely no other option is available.

20. In the woods, far from civilization, restrooms typically aren't available. Get behind sufficient growth that you are completely invisible to the remainder of your party, before you begin. Check carefully that you aren't near any sort of animal or insect den. Ants are especially bad. If you forgot toilet paper, bring a leaf identifying guide. Poison oak makes a poor substitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭rusalka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzO1mCAVyMw

All you need to know, gentlemen - watch and learn! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i always wash my hands too, but really. there's no need it's just habit.

urine is sterile, and so long as you're not wandering around the bathroom running your hands over all the urinals your fingers/hands won't smell or be dirtier than they normally are.

the hands are the filthiest part of the human body anyway, touching your dick and taking a piss makes absolutely no difference.. nor does a quick ten second dampness in the bathroom sink

I commend all the men who are able to break free from the bathroom-nazi's spell, Freedom!

now, if you'll excuse me.. I have to wash my hands.. who knows what else has been on this keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

r3nu4l wrote:
    years...ergo, I always lift the toilet seat and replace it when finished (I hope my brethern in the RHBG forum don't read this last bit!)

Hope this enhances your knowledge a bit :)

brother r3nu4l, we need to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

When I hear cubicle I think stall not urinal.
    Because you should NEVER EVER talk to the guy beside you. NEVER!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Yes, I mean urinal. It can also be refered to as a cubicle. Or are you an expert
    on toilets?

he just seems to have a better understanding of english than you do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Cocaine use, defecation or masturbation

Afraid of giving impression that you are looking at someone's mickey

Same as above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

Hi folks!

who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

As long as ye dont piss on the seat im happy.

and i always wash my hands

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

now now.. you obviously havent seen this before. please pay attention as it will answer all your questions, OP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

now now.. you obviously havent seen this before. please pay attention as it will answer all your questions, OP :D

some dude already posted this! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I'm getting really tired of toilet threads....

Daithi lacha... this thread is about as original as your nickname.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

r3nu4l wrote:
    years...ergo, I always lift the toilet seat and replace it when finished (I hope my brethern in the RHBG forum don't read this last bit!)

Hope this enhances your knowledge a bit smile.gif

copacetic wrote:
    brother r3nu4l, we need to talk.

Indeed we do. Outside, now, brother r3nu4l.

Advertisement