Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where best to move to in Sligo ?

• 17-02-2020 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,
    My family and I are relocating to Sligo. My folks who are quite elderly will be living with us as well. They live in Leitrim but we are pooling everything together.
    We have an 8 year child as well. We are both self employed so will be working from home mostly with a little travel now and then.
    Still struggling to figure out the best suited area to live. Somewhere where the oldies can doddle into town or village and somewhere for an 8 year old who will be a teenager before you know it to engage with. I need a good internet connection for my work.
    I work in the arts sector so meeting some creative people would be great if possible as well.
    I am looking at all areas working towards South Sligo as family are in Leitrim. Any recommended areas, villages or towns as well must appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Die Hard 2019

Hi there,
    My family and I are relocating to Sligo. My folks who are quite elderly will be living with us as well. They live in Leitrim but we are pooling everything together.
    We have an 8 year child as well. We are both self employed so will be working from home mostly with a little travel now and then.
    Still struggling to figure out the best suited area to live. Somewhere where the oldies can doddle into town or village and somewhere for an 8 year old who will be a teenager before you know it to engage with. I need a good internet connection for my work.
    I work in the arts sector so meeting some creative people would be great if possible as well.
    I am looking at all areas working towards South Sligo as family are in Leitrim. Any recommended areas, villages or towns as well must appreciated.

What's the budget? Rosses point is lovely if you can stretch to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cartandhorse

Hi there,
    We have about 220,000 euros. Not sure what that will get. We are happy with a fixer upper as well...
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Die Hard 2019

Hi there,
    We have about 220,000 euros. Not sure what that will get. We are happy with a fixer upper as well...
    thanks

Ok I'll have a look on daft tomorrow. Pm me with any and all detas wet your kids schooling

Thanks so much. Not much to say about kids- One 8 year old going into year 4.
    many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

Would you consider somewhere around Ballisodare, about 5 miles from Sligo Town. There is a primary school, a secondary school or if you prefer bigger there is a reasonable enough bus service into Sligo where there are several more schools to choose from. You are not far from Collooney which has a train station. There are buses regularly going through to Dublin, Ballina, Galway etc.
    There is a good Supervalu with big car park and nice staff.
    I've often thought it would not be the worst place to live. I don't know what house prices are like though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 KernelKorn

KatyMac wrote: »
    Would you consider somewhere around Ballisodare, about 5 miles from Sligo Town. There is a primary school, a secondary school or if you prefer bigger there is a reasonable enough bus service into Sligo where there are several more schools to choose from. You are not far from Collooney which has a train station. There are buses regularly going through to Dublin, Ballina, Galway etc.
    There is a good Supervalu with big car park and nice staff.
    I've often thought it would not be the worst place to live. I don't know what house prices are like though.

Further west is lovely. Easkey, Enniscrone area is very scenic, loads of primary schools, 2 secondary schools, lots of kids activities. Houses are cheap but the market is quite slow.

thanks Katymac and KernelKorn. I will definately consider both of those places. We are really up for lots of ideas as I am at a complete losss. I'll get on and check out both places.
    cheers
    CC

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Pistachio19

Grange is lovely - beside the sea, great schools both primary and secondary, plenty of sporting activities in the village for kids and adults.

Advertisement