Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parklands Citywest

• 05-02-2020 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all, we have put a booking deposit down for a 3-bed mid terrace in Parklands Citywest. This is a brand new housing development of approx 500 houses in Citywest, near the Saggart Luas Stop.

I wanted to start this thread for people to discuss and share their experiences with buying a home in Parklands.

We were advised of a change in the plans for our house type with no option to revert to the original plans. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Jess2019 wrote: »
    Hi all, we have put a booking deposit down for a 3-bed mid terrace in Parklands Citywest. This is a brand new housing development of approx 500 houses in Citywest, near the Saggart Luas Stop.

I wanted to start this thread for people to discuss and share their experiences with buying a home in Parklands.

We were advised of a change in the plans for our house type with no option to revert to the original plans. Has anyone else experienced this?

Congrats on the house! What sort of changes are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jess2019

sparkle109 wrote: »
    Congrats on the house! What sort of changes are they?

Thank you! There is a change to the downstairs plan. On the original plan there were double doors from the living room to the dining room/kitchen. Now there is a wall, and we were told the double doors have been omitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭robo

That's a fairly significant change - are you happy with this? Do you have an option to get your deposit back, I gotta say if this was me, I'd be fairly peeved at such a change.

robo wrote: »
    That's a fairly significant change - are you happy with this? Do you have an option to get your deposit back, I gotta say if this was me, I'd be fairly peeved at such a change.

No we’re not happy. We rang the developer who told us the agent went with the wrong plans during the launch. And that there will be no double doors. They will not be going back to change them. We have our heart set on this house. We haven’t signed any contracts yet and feel like we have no choice but to go along with this change in the plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thepolymath

Hi Jess2019, We are exactly in the same situation. Booked the house looking at the floor plan printed on the Brochure and now when we went to the last viewing we saw the physical house completely different. I took this matter up strongly with the H&M however they are blaming this on the developer. Even we like the house but now are not sure what to do.

Meanwhile, any ideas about the location especially about safety considering it is very close to the Lidl in Fortunestown. We presently live in North Dublin so are trying to find out more about the location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 chevra13i

We've put a booking deposit down on a mid terrace but it's one of the three storey houses so it isn't affected by the design changes. It's exactly the same as the show house as far as I know.

When I went in to meet H&M the fella was saying they have to get the whole brochure re-printed because the developers got those plans wrong.

The area should be grand tbh, it's far enough away from the shopping centre and the Lidl to be worrying too much about the dodgy estates which are nearer Citywest Village (we did have our names down for one of them but it was too close to the Luas stop so we cancelled). There's going to be apartments going up nearby so I'd imagine it'll get quite busy but you could say the same for pretty much every affordable new development in Dublin.

Did anyone receive confirmation on the number of parking spots allocated to the house?

When we booked, verbally it was mentioned by H&M that 1.5 parking spots will be allocated, but now they have confirmed in writing that only 1 parking spot will be allocated, at least for the Type 1 house we booked.

Furthermore, any idea on the % allocation of social housing and where they will be located?

Regarding the parking spaces, your neighbouring estate Cuil Duin residents were also told that they have 1.5 parking spaces for the majority of houses (4 bedroom got 2 spaces). And there were a handful of visitors spots also marked out - the biggest issue in the estate is now people parking in their neighbours spot, residents parking in visitors spaces that are residents and not leaving them available for residents visitors. Clearly most households have 2 cars, so if H&M are saying you will get 1.5 spaces (dunno how that works btw) and you have 2 cars, you will definitely have issues parking the 2nd car.

As far as I know - Cuil Duin & Parklands has the same estate agent and builders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

1.5 spaces is 1 space and a share in visitor parking. It's usually a nightmare with most units having 2 cars or more. Scary thing is this used to be a minimum requirement but it was done away with in the panic to build more homes. Some new developments don't even have half as many parking spaces as homes!

I was told by H&M that it's 1.25 spaces per house so that'll only be one visitor space per four houses.

We asked where the social housing was going but understandably they're not allowed to say.

• Advertisement

chevra13i wrote: »
    I was told by H&M that it's 1.25 spaces per house so that'll only be one visitor space per four houses.

We asked where the social housing was going but understandably they're not allowed to say.

The allocation of parking space of 1.25 is a joke - like it doesn't make sense. So by 0.25, Parklands will have less visitor spots than Cuil Duin.

Has anyone heard what access to the Saggart luas stop will be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Caranica wrote: »
    1.5 spaces is 1 space and a share in visitor parking. It's usually a nightmare with most units having 2 cars or more. Scary thing is this used to be a minimum requirement but it was done away with in the panic to build more homes. Some new developments don't even have half as many parking spaces as homes!
    I can confirm the 1.5 spaces per a house in CD is a problem for residents. There is Whatsapp group were people try to deal with it.

1.25 for 3 beds or 2 beds? You'd have to assume that social housing is there. It is everywhere these days.
    At the moment its not full at Saggart but it can get full at Fortunestown

I think the pathway from Parklands to the Luas stop will be built fairly quickly - as in before those apartments start going up.

That's what my Mrs told me anyway but I can't remember where she got that info.

We were told our house would be ready in May and were then told it could be April. Has anyone else been told anything different?

Also if it is anything like CD, I'd take the BER scores with a grain of salt

Any issue with the BER rating in Cuil Duin? Same Developer is building Parklands as well and the housing concept seems very similar.

We were told our house would be ready in May and were then told it could be April. Has anyone else been told anything different?

We were told late summer for ours.

Also if it is anything like CD, I'd take the BER scores with a grain of salt

Is this something we need to get independently assessed or will the developers just slap an A2 on all of them?

We were told late summer for ours.

Is this something we need to get independently assessed or will the developers just slap an A2 on all of them?

I saw some issues at CD. Hard to explain here but I could Pm you details to look out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Joey2020

We are considering a 3 bed 2 story type 3 house but there are none actually on view. Has anyone seen one of these? If we put our booking deposit down can we get it back if we see it and aren't happy with it? It is defo only 1 parking spare per house? Won't work for us if it is. Tia

• Advertisement

It was mentioned to me today that the houses will be handed over in July 2020.

Suprisingly H&M mentioned all house types irrespective of no of beds have only 1 allocated parking space, rest of the parking spaces will be marked for visitors.

Suprisingly H&M mentioned all house types irrespective of no of beds have only 1 allocated parking space, rest of the parking spaces will be marked for visitors.

If you stay too long in the visitor spots there can be trouble. Also there is a risk of clamping.

Joey2020 wrote: »
    If we put our booking deposit down can we get it back if we see it and aren't happy with it?

Yes the 5k deposit is fully refundable up to the date that contracts are signed.

If you've engaged solicitors in this timeframe and then cancel they'd still expect to be paid.

Hi,

We booked house type 3 and were told they should hopefully be available to view next month.
    We were told they will get all house type 3 buyers in to see a type 3 house as soon as they can.
    This was sent to us via email on Monday.
    There is a show house similar to the house type 3 but without the family room at the back.
    By show house I mean, it’s totally empty no furniture etc.
    We’ve viewed this and are hoping the type 3 is pretty similar.
    Joey2020 wrote: »
    We are considering a 3 bed 2 story type 3 house but there are none actually on view. Has anyone seen one of these? If we put our booking deposit down can we get it back if we see it and aren't happy with it? It is defo only 1 parking spare per house? Won't work for us if it is. Tia

Just take these dates with a pinch of salt - in Cuil Duin (same estate agent & builders) - the waiting times were well over a year AFTER the month they were initially told. Just for planning on moving etc - wait until you get a snag date & even then, I know for some it still took a few months after this to get the keys.
    Think the issue was mainly with legal stuff & water or electricity connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

If you stay too long in the visitor spots there can be trouble. Also there is a risk of clamping.

Only if there is a management company who hires them in housing estates it doesn't happen

I’ve never heard of clamping in a private housing estate before. Once there are no double yellow lines it’s fine to park there. Unless the law has changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,811 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Gatling wrote: »
    Only if there is a management company who hires them in housing estates it doesn't happen

Most housing estates are being setup with Management companies as per planning, the council won't be taking these over and too get payment MC's can use clamping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Joey2020

Hi,

We booked house type 3 and were told they should hopefully be available to view next month.
    We were told they will get all house type 3 buyers in to see a type 3 house as soon as they can.
    This was sent to us via email on Monday.
    There is a show house similar to the house type 3 but without the family room at the back.
    By show house I mean, it’s totally empty no furniture etc.
    We’ve viewed this and are hoping the type 3 is pretty similar.

Hi there, does this house you mentioned have the kitchen to the back?

• Advertisement

I’ve never heard of clamping in a private housing estate before. Once there are no double yellow lines it’s fine to park there. Unless the law has changed?
    I have heard this before but it can take years get sufficient leverage in management company to end it. At CD hasn't been an AGM last so you cant even try to end it.
    Gatling wrote: »

Id imagine its common but I am not an authority.

Advertisement