Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Claddagh Ring Help!!!

• 09-10-2007 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

So the girlfriend wants a Claddagh ring for the 1 year :) I'm in Cork, but will be traveling to Dublin next weekend. I need something in the next 2-3 weeks and I'm really stuck while looking online. There's several websites claiming to be the "original" makers for the last x number of hundred years. ex. claddagh.com and www.claddaghring.ie

So my question is, does anyone have any experience with these companies? Can someone guide me as to where the best place to buy is? I'm willing to travel a little bit to find the perfect one, or order from them.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Would you not be better off going to a jewellers? I'd rather go to one of them than get it online. At least you can see what you're getting. There's all different types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭dior1catboy

Yeah, jewellers, just make sure she wears it with the crown pointing in, that means her heart belongs to you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭doodio

thanks! :) I think i've decided on they type of ring I want to get, now it's just to find a reputable jeweler here in Cork city. Any suggestions?

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Yeah, jewellers, just make sure she wears it with the crown pointing in, that means her heart belongs to you :rolleyes:

Not the crown, the Heart should be pointing towards the body...that's how people will know she's taken :)

Any reputable jewellers should have a good selection of claddagh rings....she's got good taste!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Kilkenny Design will have them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Spades

aoife2k wrote: »
    Not the crown, the Heart should be pointing towards the body...that's how people will know she's taken :)

Any reputable jewellers should have a good selection of claddagh rings....she's got good taste!

Whch is it people, im confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Heart pointing away from body means you are 'searching/looking/available'...Heart pointing towards your heart means you're taken...i.e your heart is taken.....

Surly it makes more sense than the crown....??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

my boyfriend is buying me a claddagh ring for Xmas,but im having trouble finding the one i want.it's silver with a diamond heart,but i can't locate it anywhere!!!help??!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

Waterford Crsytal stock the real ones

Mostly u will know if its a real Irish claddagh because on the inside of the ring it will say "Solvar Ireland"

Solvar is an old Irish jewellers not sure wer there branches are though but the waterford crystal store have them...I got mine on a trip to waterford but I assume you could get the classic one anywhere that stocks waterford crystal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

my boyfriend is buying me a claddagh ring for Xmas,but im having trouble finding the one i want.it's silver with a diamond heart,but i can't locate it anywhere!!!help??!!:confused:

And for this one same as above id say but cant recall seing one like that defo sy it in argos thou! but I got mine a few years ago in waterford so they prob have them too by now..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

There's a good few shops around the Claddagh in Galway who sell them, "Dillons" claim to do the original one, I'm sure they do mail ordering..

Edit: Having opened your link, claddaghring.com is Dillon's, so you could order one from there.

Advertisement