Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YELLOW ROAD HANDOUT

• 03-12-2008 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

got a "Yellow Road Handout" today at UL main gate, quite strange, some sort of chain letter style thing or something, apparently UCC also got some: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148165
    This is the first page typed up by someone from above forum-
    YELLOW ROAD
    HANDOUT
    This is a handout for a book.
    The book is about a test that
    People do aged 18-28 years

Yellow Road
    This is the handout for a book which is based upon a Health Test that begins when test takers recieve their childhood vaccinations. There are six tests and three stages within this Health Test and the character will start the tests aged 0935 weeks old.

Stage 1: 0935-1045
    The character will awake one morning to find that there is an extreme pain in his/her backside. This pain will be the result of an implant, which was placed in the characters bottom while sleeping. The following chapters portray the test taker as a mixed-up young adult who is too ashamed to visit a doctor, as he/she believes that something untoward happened and that this is the reason for the pain.

In order to understand that the implant comes as part of his/her Health Test, the character must have an examination by a consultant after being referred by a doctor. The consultant will diagnose and treat 'Piles' with an injection of Phenol Oil. After the character takes the actions of paying for the costs of this treatment, he/she will learn why the implant/tracking device is included as part of his/her Health Treatment.

Stage 2: 1045-1465
    Consists of the main content of the book and will follow the test taker though the most difficult period of his/her life. This stage will ebgin with the central character awakening one morning to find that he/she is in a drug induced high, all day every day. This occurs through the administration of a substance, which is given by a tester while the test taker is sleeping.

The character will discover at this stage that he/she is partaking in tests which are passed through receiving vaccinations. After completing the vaccination schedules for the first-five health tests, the character will learn that he/she can win Prizes from enabling other test takers to pass all of their six health tests. Handout Distributors win the Prizes for their families, the Third World, local governments and themselves.

Stage 3: 1465-1880
    The character will become aware that there is a sixth test at the same time as he/she realises that his/her fellow test takers have implants placed in their ears after they finish the second stage. The character will have previous knowledge of the implants because he/she received them as part of another test which began aged 0934 weeks.

To pass the final health test he/she must, between the ages of 1446 to 1608 weeks, get three Typhoid Fever vaccinations each sperated by at least thirteen weeks, followed by one year after the third by a fourth vaccination. At this time the character learns Prize Money can be won by Technological Distributors for the Third World, their families and themselves, through enabling people to pass the final health test.

Copyright (C) The McManus Group.
    Handout recipients can technologically transfer the handout contents to ten people (5/5)

Anyone know whats the story with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭cson

We will wire you your prize of $10,000 Nigerian Dollars to your bank account once you give us your bank account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

cson wrote: »
    We will wire you your prize of $10,000 Nigerian Dollars to your bank account once you give us your bank account details.

My bank manager requires me to get a deposit on transactions in other currencies. If you could send €1,000 cash by registered post, I will pass the details once I have received and lodged it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭cson

Me no speak the english...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

This pain will be the result of an implant, which was placed in the characters bottom while sleeping.

This is all right-wing propaganda, scaring people into not having teh buttsecks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Peteee wrote: »
    This is all right-wing propaganda, scaring people into not having teh buttsecks

So it's either Cóir or Libertas....what do we do? I say nuke em.....now if only we could find him:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Irishrebel

My daughter just got handed this same booklet on the bus from Newry, coming home from college, by a sane-looking man who confused her with babbling on about bottoms. Looks like he was on his way to Belfast.

Thought it was a weird one-off jerk, but googled it out of curiosity and found this and one other thread of bewilderment and fear!

Seems these anal tracking devices are spreading to the North now. I'll keep my posterior firmly planted on a seat at all times!!:eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I was given a copy of this outside Mary I about 6 weeks ago, it's viral marketing for a book that's coming out. The guy doing the handing-out should have made it clear that the book is a piece of fiction. In fact, he was refusing to talk to people under the age of 18 because he didn't want some stupid kid to think the things in it were real.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

was going to say marketing for a computer game but could be a book

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

An File wrote: »
    In fact, he was refusing to talk to people under the age of 18 because he didn't want some stupid kid to think the things in it were real.
    ... because it's not as though more adults than ever are believing idiotic things...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yup. Tragic really.
    On the plus side, this book could do for Limerick what War of the Worlds did for America. 'Twould make for more interesting headlines anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LetsGetSandy

got this in dcu today!

Is it just me, or is there something strange about the OP and the last poster having only 1 post each?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

An File wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is there something strange about the OP and the last poster having only 1 post each?
    No. Especially not if you assume that the last poster got the handout, googled for the text and found this thread as the first result on the list. I'd suggest just reporting a post if you ever find it suspicious, notifies me to check it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

got this in office in New Ross today.. the psycho seems to be going to every building in the town handing them out.. i did my damn best not to laugh at him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JohanasFaust

Just Googled this cause some guy gave the handout to my Girlfriend. She works in a shop in Sligo, he came in and politley asked for her full name, then went off and came back an hour later with this pile of sh 1te and and a typed cover letter with her name in it. It says she can only pass it on to 10 people and she cannot make electronic copies of it.

I read it through and it seems like the plot to some crappy Philip K. Dick or L. Ron Hubbard style book (and that's not saying much).

Thought it might be something to do with a cult but a cheap and shoddy viral marketing campaign seems more likely.

I'll see if I can post a pic of the person who gave it to her and we'll see if it's the same guy doing the rounds or if there's a whole bunch of crazies in on it.

[edit]had another look, The cover letter was signed John McManus if that means anything to anyone

Have fun now.

P.S. I know this is a first post, don't be paranoid, I'm not going to implant you or anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

I'm not going to implant you or anything...

Some people like being implanted.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Ah christ, not this again.

Zombie thread be locked!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement