Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vesta Living - Clongriffin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Nobody at the reception all afternoon today. I thought they were going to be there 7 days a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bigfeckineejit

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Nobody at the reception all afternoon today. I thought they were going to be there 7 days a week?

Did you get in touch with Vesta about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bigfeckineejit

Jimmy Gian wrote: »
    Went to the viewing today. The airplanes noise was absolutely annoying when you have an opened window or if you are at the balconies. However with windows shut there was pretty good sound insulation.

I think it comes down to the individual...I happen to love the sound of planes flying overhead.

Living under a flight path will always bring an element of noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I think it comes down to the individual...I happen to love the sound of planes flying overhead.

Living under a flight path will always bring an element of noise.

In my experience living in Boston You get used to the noise to the point where you don’t really notice it

Did you get in touch with Vesta about that?

I've sent a ticket through the support function on the app, however I'm beginning to think there wont be anyone there until Monday morning.

Surely lots of people were moving this weekend though so I don't know how it is being managed in terms of people being given keys.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    I would imagine with all the move ins, final bits and open viewings that the reception isn’t being properly staffed.

Has anyone who moved in tried an internet speed test? Assume it’s relatively fast but curious to see :pac:

Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭niamh247

Went to the viewing today. The airplanes noise was absolutely annoying when you have an opened window or if you are at the balconies. However with windows shut there was pretty good sound insulation.

Almost a week now after move in and I haven't noticed or heard a single plane pass by. May be outside the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 b4y

Phew.

How are you finding the place?

It's perfect, very satisfied and happy:)

niamh247 wrote: »
    Almost a week now after move in and I haven't noticed or heard a single plane pass by. May be outside the house.

I go outside 4/5 times every day with my dog and I haven't noticed any noise since I moved here on Tuesday.

Thanks!

Aaand one last question - how is the electricity meter set up for heating / water etc, I assume it PAYG? Are they "smart" meters that you can control via an app or not?

You can control your usage and you can top up using the Pinergy app. Furthermore, there is a Dimplex hub in any apartment where you can configure zones and add appliances to control the heating and related energy consumption.

• Advertisement

Bubbaclaus wrote: »

I contacted reception many times and I opened 5 tickects, they came back to me in less than 2 hours and replied to my tickects in 3ish hours. BTW, they fixed all reported issues.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mackers42

Hi! I my application has been accepted. I can chose between three standard doubles as that is all that is left so far, the rest is plus and premium. Has anyone moved into a standard double? Wondering what exactly is the difference for the prices. Also any idea when next batch will be released?

Hello - could anyone find EIRCode that can be used for ordering groceries etc? Currently Tesco can't accept our postal address. Buymie also insists for eircode.

Interestingly, eircode.ie shows on map as if the vesta blocks have eircodes, but those codes actually belong to other properties on the east side of the park.

Also, wondering how long it might take for assigning eircodes to these blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Fompi

b4y wrote: »
    You can control your usage and you can top up using the Pinergy app. Furthermore, there is a Dimplex hub in any apartment where you can configure zones and add appliances to control the heating and related energy consumption.

Believe it or not but I havent found this Dimplex hub yet :D where is it located for you?

I have the same question about Eircode and Tesco...

Also, I havent heard any planes from inside the apartment. And barely outside. Overall it's very quiet, much quieter than in town. Planes are not a nuisance at all compared to the constant sirens and alarms in town... What's driving me crazy is the self closing doors, I bought wedges in Ikea but they're useless (don't buy them! The flower thingy...). so I have one box per door right now, I'm wondering if the system can be disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jimmy Gian

Morning lads!
    What about the bicycles? Is there a cage or something safe to lock them in the basement’s parking?

Morning lads!
    What about the bicycles? Is there a cage or something safe to lock them in the basement’s parking?

Yes there is, I'm going downstairs soon so I'll take a picture for you

Yes, you're right, they're on it, I just asked, they're waiting also...

Ok so here's the bike area

Fompi wrote: »
    Believe it or not but I havent found this Dimplex hub yet :D where is it located for you?

On the TV cabinet:)

On the TV cabinet:)

I thought... this was the Wi-Fi box. I think I'm too tired, I'll have a look later :D

• Advertisement

I have the same question about Eircode and Tesco...

Also, I havent heard any planes from inside the apartment. And barely outside. Overall it's very quiet, much quieter than in town. Planes are not a nuisance at all compared to the constant sirens and alarms in town... What's driving me crazy is the self closing doors, I bought wedges in Ikea but they're useless (don't buy them! The flower thingy...). so I have one box per door right now, I'm wondering if the system can be disabled

They told me that Fire safety rules won't allow them to reduce the tension. I made some plastic wedges and secured the doors in place.

niamh247 wrote: »
    They told me that Fire safety rules won't allow them to reduce the tension. I made some plastic wedges and secured the doors in place.

I have to get good ones, Ikea ones don't work and a piece of cardboard is not enough. It seems like I'm spending most of my day opening doors :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

PAYG electricity?

I’m in the ghetto. Ratatatata! Ratatatat!

Reading the FAQ on Vesta support portal it seems as a Smart Meter physical display is in the apartment.
    Did anybody found it?

Reading the FAQ on Vesta support portal it seems as a Smart Meter physical display is in the apartment.
    Did anybody found it?

No, I asked yesterday and been told not all appartments have it, and that the app is the exact same thing anyway.
    I've been using the dryer a lot since I arrived by the way, I had a ton of laundry with the moving etc, and I see it costs me €8/day :eek:

Oh and I still don't know how to use the Dimplex box, which I thought was the Wi-Fi box :D

That’s the curse with all these new smart meters / app, you really see how much things like dryers etc cost ;)
    And it's been a while since I had a dryer, I forgot you just burn money :D
    On the other hand, I havent used the radiators at all, it's warm enough as it is!

No, I asked yesterday and been told not all appartments have it, and that the app is the exact same thing anyway.
    I've been using the dryer a lot since I arrived by the way, I had a ton of laundry with the moving etc, and I see it costs me €8/day :eek:

Just got a reply from Vesta:

"The smart meter is the grey box beside the fuse board in the hallway, but this is controlled through the Pinergy app":)

Just got a reply from Vesta:

"The smart meter is the grey box beside the fuse board in the hallway, but this is controlled through the Pinergy app":)

ah yeah ok, it's not like the display shown on the manual. The app is good enough for me anyway. Now I'm curious about the Dimplex box...

• Advertisement

Oh and I still don't know how to use the Dimplex box, which I thought was the Wi-Fi box :D

You have to donwload the Dimplex Control app, scan the QR code at the bottom side of the HUB and register it. Before to scan the code enable bluetooth on your smartphone and press the bluetooth button on the HUB to associate it.
    Once you have registered the HUB you can create zones and add appliances (the biggest one is a standalone device and cannot be controlled using the app):)

Advertisement