Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Duffy98 wrote: »
    Thats some mess I didnt even cop that when I saw it tbh just assumed it was in the rds cause its stated as so on the email from ticketmaster. Is that it has to be agreed with the council before they announce the venue that would be some mess if they had to change the venue how would that even work logistically with all the seated tickets?

Swap them to standing probably

Or they’re awaiting approval for the RDS..

It’d very messy

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Swap them to standing probably

Or they’re awaiting approval for the RDS..

It’d very messy

Yeah thats probably it id say, waiting on GnR to announce tye rescheduled dates hopefully they keep it to a weekend. They should announce rescheduled shows well before the original show was due to take place. MCD have been very slow and the lack of communication is very irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

They've been due to redevelop the RDS for years too, the old stand is gonna be knocked. Might have to confirm the schedule for that before they confirm it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Haven't been able to post this in a while but there's a socially distanced gig happening in Dublin this Saturday. That's one of the first non drive-in gigs I've heard about. Hopefully a good sign for return of live gigs! https://nialler9.com/theres-an-actual-gig-happening-in-dublin-this-saturday/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

for those with a spare €400+ in their pocket and wanting a festival this summer:

https://www.universe.com/events/home-a-micro-festival-for-the-senses-tickets-73TZPK

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCG7npbHDuI/
    Theres no place like HOME…

We will always remember 2020 as the year that turned all of humanity upside down, that made us question everything we knew, including ourselves. Our aloneness brought about by months of isolation, in fact brought us closer together. And what we have learned from it all is, we needed to slow down, be grateful for all that we have, and above all that we need each other.

HOME, an idea born during isolation is a vision of bringing people together to reconnect with themselves, and with each other. Let us welcome you to a safe, warm and culturally vibrant space, surrounded by nature. And create time and space to celebrate life, community, show gratitude for all that we still have, to play, eat and dance with one another to heal, make peace with our losses and welcome the new opportunities that change brings with it.

The experience itself will be a combination of art, music, workshops, classes and wellness with an emphasis on supporting our arts and culture sector that has taken such a heavy hit during this pandemic. Included in the ticket price we will be feeding our guests all weekend, highlighting and featuring the best of Irish culinary and produce. We have so much to offer on our island we need not look any further for everything we need, then within.

This will be a 2 evening experience on the beautiful grounds of Mount Druids in Westmeath. With luxury accommodation being offered to all of our guests by the venue. Guests will have a chance to stay in gorgeous and comfortable yurt, cottages, and tin houses surrounded by forests. And complete with high spec beds, hot showers, and in house fireplace that will be lit every night.

In times of trouble we need to support each other and our community. We are very aware that the individuals in the arts & culture sector in our country need help. It is with a loving intention that we have set up a bursary fund as part of HOME so that 10% of the profits from this event can go to members of the community that need funding to bring their art/music/cultural projects to life.

Lets reconnect….

Welcome HOME.

*ticket price does not include accommodation*

*This event is BYOB though we ask kindly that guests do not consume outside alcohol at locations where there is a bar available*

*This event is for 21+ and over*

*We do not have any one day tickets available, tickets are for the full 2 evening event. All guests will need to book accommodation directly with the venue there will be no camping allowed on site as we have very limited numbers for the event and we need to adhere to HSE COVID guidelines*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Mount Druid is pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

nfKrsT4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Hmm, now where's this Irish venue based?

Ah yes Newcastle, England I see. Oh dear.

Hmm, now where's this Irish venue based?

Ah yes Newcastle, England I see. Oh dear.
    Fair point, and I did notice before I posted, but couldn't see the non-Irish gigs thread, and with slim pickings this year thought it might be nice to see options.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,944 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That looks awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Absolutely shocking.

Interesting to see churches able to have more than 50 people indoors under certain conditions.

Wonder why former/current churches that are used as gig venues like Triskel or St Luke's in Cork or Pepper Cannister church or Unitarian church in Dublin would be different practically speaking. Maybe a time thing of masses being under an hour and gigs around 1.5/2 hour mark but still!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/places-of-worship-allowed-to-have-over-50-people-according-to-new-guidelines-1009253.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

sydthebeat wrote: »
    That looks awful
    Almost word for word what I said with am emoticon greenface (ready to get sick).
    Nothing about it would be enjoyable imho. But worse is, realistically, those 10-15 platforms in the image will be prebooked/kept.
    Anyone else could end up 3 fields away barely able to see the giant screen let alone the acts.
    Not for me.
    Received it, decided I was going to post it here somewhere.
    The big 'Money' logo on the top right is very apt imo.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Haven't been able to post this in a while but there's a socially distanced gig happening in Dublin this Saturday. That's one of the first non drive-in gigs I've heard about. Hopefully a good sign for return of live gigs! https://nialler9.com/theres-an-actual-gig-happening-in-dublin-this-saturday/

Did anyone get to this gig last night? Just curious how it went!

Looks like Doolin Hotel are doing social distanced gigs called Spaced Out Sessions. Think this one is sold out but great to see. Hope other venues are able to make it workable!

https://www.facebook.com/SoundsofSON/posts/2328580704111371

Jack O'Rourke playing Dungarvan on 24th July. Looks like some gigs are slowly coming back

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/jack-orourke-tickets-112292600190

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The Stendhal festival is going ahead in a different guise. They're restricting numbers and it's an over 21 event rather than a family affair like it usually is. Strong lineup although it's heavily weighed in favour of nordie bands.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    The Stendhal festival is going ahead in a different guise. They're restricting numbers and it's an over 21 event rather than a family affair like it usually is. Strong lineup although it's heavily weighed in favour of nordie bands.

That's an interesting one! Wonder how festival would work with social distancing

Looks like NCH planning to start social distanced gigs from September.

https://twitter.com/NCH_Music/status/1280215068769017856

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Out of all the gigs for 2020 Ozzy and Judas Priest in the 3arena is still standing but recent reports suggest Ozzy is not doing good healthwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Out of all the gigs for 2020 Ozzy and Judas Priest in the 3arena is still standing but recent reports suggest Ozzy is not doing good healthwise

Stormzys two shows in the 3 Arena are still on if you look on ticketmaster as well. MCD have been pathetic in their communication to customers im still waiting on whats happening with GNR. May as well give up on that Ozzy show at this stage

Kino in Cork have a few social distanced gigs later this month and early next month with The Mary Wallopers and Junior Brother among others.

https://twitter.com/Kino_Cork/status/1282681077568544768

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/songs-from-an-empty-room/

Surprised Glen Hansard didn't stick his nose in for this

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/songs-from-an-empty-room/

Surprised Glen Hansard didn't stick his nose in for this
    and Lisa Hannigan

Whelans plan to open on 10th August with 88 people (presume that's on basis that limits increased from then) with tables of 2,4 or 6 people.

Looks like it will be mostly acoustic and electronic gigs at start and announcing gigs from next week.

https://mailchi.mp/3decf0d7c981/7c5hzfng51-186034

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Could we not just have a big f*ck off concert in a gigantic field or a park somewhere where people can wreck about within their own area and blast out the music through massive thunder bast*rd speakers . It would be glorious. A summer with no festivals or concerts is no summer of mine.

Of course the above is wishful thinking and completely impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Seeing a new post in this thread isn’t as exciting as it used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Seeing a new post in this thread isn’t as exciting as it used to be

At least it briefly paused Garth Brooks speculation...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Eod100 wrote: »
    Whelans plan to open on 10th August with 88 people
    At least it briefly paused Garth Brooks speculation...
    he was all set for Whelans but wanted 90 people so pulled out, mumbled some cringeworthy shite about his dead mother again...

-I imagine any tickets will be like gold dust, if you look in other threads people are willing to pay 9euro for uneaten food just to get a pint. I wonder if the ticket prices will increase much to cover operating costs.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    he was all set for Whelans but wanted 90 people so pulled out, mumbled some cringeworthy shite about his dead mother again...

-I imagine any tickets will be like gold dust, if you look in other threads people are willing to pay 9euro for uneaten food just to get a pint. I wonder if the ticket prices will increase much to cover operating costs.

I guess by then they're hoping food requirement would be gone. I think they probably could up ticket prices with demand but sounds like it could be smaller Irish bands anyway so might be a natural cap to how much they could charge still.

Advertisement