Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forum Games Beers - August 23rd Dublin

• 31-07-2019 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

Separate thread for the Aug 23rd Beers in Dublin. Please let us know if you can make it!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

In.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Most likely in, will confirm next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Provisionally in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

In :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Will be great meeting some of the new forum members!

To give you a clue on how previous beers have gone; we typically meet up in Oscars in Smithfield as they do some decent beers and food; and its fairly central. They also have some large table areas so that we can all sit around a table and play some werewolf in real life. Its not nearly as tense as online ww, so it ends up being a great laugh!

I know meeting random internet strangers can be daunting, but the beers are very chill, so id encourage anyone on the fence to pop along. If it doesnt end up suiting you, no biggie.

• Advertisement

Won't know until closer to the date but would be nice to put some faces to some names :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Baggly wrote: »
    Will be great meeting some of the new forum members!

To give you a clue on how previous beers have gone; we typically meet up in Oscars in Smithfield as they do some decent beers and food; and its fairly central. They also have some large table areas so that we can all sit around a table and play some werewolf in real life. Its not nearly as tense as online ww, so it ends up being a great laugh!

I know meeting random internet strangers can be daunting, but the beers are very chill, so id encourage anyone on the fence to pop along. If it doesnt end up suiting you, no biggie.

Agree with all of this. Necro has perhaps used icebreakers in the past for some as well like games of WW with no wolves :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Most likely in for this

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Necro wrote: »
    Agree with all of this. Necro has perhaps used icebreakers in the past for some as well like games of WW with no wolves :o
    ... which is an idea he stole from Sully who was going to run a game with no wolves and random.org for the munches.

Necro was going to co-mod.

After the reaction at the beers, we decided against pursuing it in a game. Then stu stole some balloons and all was well in the world.

sullivlo wrote: »
    ... which is an idea he stole from Sully who was going to run a game with no wolves and random.org for the munches.

After the reaction at the beers, we decided against pursuing it in a game. Then stu stole some balloons and all was well in the world.

:D Yeah, figured was best to trial it in person first :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

sullivlo wrote: »

That was brilliant :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yeah I can do the 23rd

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

won't know until nearer the time, but hoping I'll be free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Provisionally in for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

WANGS!

fixxxer wrote: »

Yep.

tusk wrote: »
    WANGS!

chicken-wing-tattoo.jpg

Go on sure. I'm supposed to be getting less anti social, not more.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Go on sure. I'm supposed to be getting less anti social, not more.

Hold on there bucko! I thought we were being anti-social together?

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

We don't have to sit with the crowd

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

We'll all be chatting to each other on our phones on here or discord anyway.

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    We'll all be chatting to each other on our phones on here or discord anyway.

What else does one do at a social gathering these days?

Converse? :pac:

You'll have already broken the ice at this Friday's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Necro wrote: »
    What else does one do at a social gathering these days?

Converse? :pac:

The merry-go-round.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

The merry-go-round.

That's bad for ones ankles I heard before :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

would you guys have a problem if a non boardise came (my sis) came along for moral support for me? :)

More the merrier says I. As long as she's cool with being called a wolf when the WW cards come out :P

I can potentially make it between 4:30 and 6ish, if people are interested in an earlier start.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I can potentially make it between 4:30 and 6ish, if people are interested in an earlier start.
    I'm in school that day so don't finish until 4.

I think. I haven't been in work for a few months so I forget the timetable for the school. Can't remember what time I finish.

Advertisement