Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mayoeast

I have a problem with repeat recordings on to a USB stick (daily and weekly) using the Timer on my Triax TSC114. The problem is that while it does the first recording as set, it defers the start time for the other items on the Timer and also each subsequent repeat recording by about 3 minutes for each recording. So after a week the start time of a recording done daily is approx 21 minutes later that originally. I would really appreciate some help on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Irelandscape

Mayoeast wrote: »
    I have a problem with repeat recordings on to a USB stick (daily and weekly) using the Timer on my Triax TSC114. The problem is that while it does the first recording as set, it defers the start time for the other items on the Timer and also each subsequent repeat recording by about 3 minutes for each recording. So after a week the start time of a recording done daily is approx 21 minutes later that originally. I would really appreciate some help on this.

I've seen some funny behavior as well with times of scheduled recording. Not sure if it's exactly as you describe it but I have seen recordings starting later than programmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Irelandscape

I contacted tvtrade.ie to report the issues described above with regards to scheduled recording.
    They were nice enough to reply very promptly with the following:

"Triax currently have a new software update and hope to have it released shortly to solves the issues that you are having"

This looks promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

I contacted tvtrade.ie to report the issues described above with regards to scheduled recording.

"Triax currently have a new software update and hope to have it released shortly to solves the issues that you are having"

This looks promising.

at least they replied! no answer for any of my emails from triax. also i hope they are going to fix aspect ratio problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mayoeast

Thanks a lot for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

Does anyone have any idea how to stop the box automatically searching for new channels?? I keep getting the message "new channels found". I have organised all my channels & I presumed locking them would mean they couldn't change channel number on the box but when the list of channels updates I end up with channels I deleted in the middle of my channel list.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Droim Iarainn

This looks promising.

Thanks for that. It brings some hope. But it would have been a lot better if they had got it right in the first place. It doesn't say much about their quality control processes that such a defective product has been released. Surely the most rudimentary testing would have revealed the problem with the timers that a number of contributors have identified. Similarly for the issue with the non-deleteable channels.

It looks like the digital switchover has been used as an excuse to dump some very poor products onto the small Irish market. Software updates should be used to add new functionality or deal with very minor bugs, not to provide basic functionality that should have been there in the first place.

netopia wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea how to stop the box automatically searching for new channels?? I keep getting the message "new channels found". I have organised all my channels & I presumed locking them would mean they couldn't change channel number on the box but when the list of channels updates I end up with channels I deleted in the middle of my channel list.

i think this will sort your problem
    larchill wrote: »
    You need to turn LCN to off. This will enable channels to be moved while maintaining the channel number order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 saorviewtv

tvtrade.ie have excellent site. go to technical info and then to video guides and it explains how to add frequency transponders or if frequency already on your box what to do then. it also has update in october 2012 blog on change of frequency to some bbc and gives frequency's. good luck:D

sky23 wrote: »
    I e-mailed them several times but no answer about an update. they have plenty of bugs to sort out

I see Triax seem to be hiding behind:

"Triax are manufacturers and distributors of multimedia equipment to the TRADE ONLY.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide technical advice and support to end users."

http://www.triax.co.uk/Triax.uk/Unlisted%20Pages/Contact.aspx

So, how does one get any help? How does the voice of the consumer get heard - I'd doubt that it's just myself and the few contributors here that are suffering from the problems with this box. It's totally erratic when it comes to recording with timers getting totally altered for no apparent reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You could complain about them to Trading Standards in UK, or have a good go at them on Facebook etc. That might soften their cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

So, how does one get any help?

Under consumer law the retailer is responsible for the goods they sell, they cannot pass the buck to the distributor or manufacturer. Complain to your retailer.

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

It looks like the digital switchover has been used as an excuse to dump some very poor products onto the small Irish market. Software updates should be used to add new functionality or deal with very minor bugs, not to provide basic functionality that should have been there in the first place.

The moment we decided to opt for a different system to the UK we were always going to get crap. Sure maybe our system is more modern, future proof etc etc etc but companies (in all industries) regard this market as the UK and Ireland. That serves us well in meaning we are attached to a major population. Once we decided to be come little-Irelanders and go independent from the UK we were always going to be a tiny little market no one gave a sh1t about. Just look at the relatively small number of boxes on the market for the switchover when hundreds of thousands of boxes were going to be sold. What are the chances that major companies will release their equipment here when you are talking about dozens being sold.

I should add that I have a Triax 114 and I like it. It's not perfect (limited EPG, some stupid user interface issues, not easy to edit channels once you have scanned) but the combination of Irish and UK channels is a big stepup from what I used to have (Analog on the TV and a Silvercrest SL65 box). But I haven't tried to record stuff very often so others may be seeing issues I just haven't come across yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PedroTech

Its been a while since I have posted any comments regarding the Triax TSC 114 but I have been following this thread.

I noted the comment a few days ago about Triax hiding behind the fact that they are manufacturers and deal with the trade only. I would like to point out that they have two helpline numbers, one being a technical helpline for trade user, and the other being a set top box helpline number.

The set top box helpline number is printed in the userguide. Whenever I have used this helpline I have had a reply within a day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

PedroTech wrote: »
    I noted the comment a few days ago about Triax hiding behind the fact that they are manufacturers and deal with the trade only. I would like to point out that they have two helpline numbers, one being a technical helpline for trade user, and the other being a set top box helpline number.

The set top box helpline number is printed in the userguide. Whenever I have used this helpline I have had a reply within a day or so.

And that number is......?

PedroTech wrote: »
    Its been a while since I have posted any comments regarding the Triax TSC 114 but I have been following this thread.

Slick50 wrote: »
    And that number is......?

Thanks for that information. I hadn't spotted those details in the user guide and they've kept it well hidden on their website. The helpline is 00 44 1443 778910 and the email address is stbsupport@triax.co.uk. I've contacted them and I await a response with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dwhelan

Hi, I set up the TSC114 and it's working fine for the Irish channels.
    My issue is that I have two satellites - one for English channels and one for German channels. There's a DiSEqC switch and on previous set top boxes I was able to receive both satellites into the one box.
    The default setup has tuned in the German channels for me, but I'm not sure how to add the English ones. I tried "add satellite" in the installation but all it did was re-scan the German channels.
    The settings are confusing for me in the add satellite dialogue, so has anyone any pointers as to what settings I should use?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭kelbal

TwoRoads wrote: »

I have set pvr file format to "ps" in the PREFERENCES-PVR Config menu. Most recordings are saved as mpg files..good. But some are saved as TSV .. certainly the HD channels .. whats going on?

Tried this out myself, set it to "ps" - but my recordings are still saved as TSV. Any ideas how I can get them all to be mpg files?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

kelbal wrote: »
    Tried this out myself, set it to "ps" - but my recordings are still saved as TSV. Any ideas how I can get them all to be mpg files?

Are TSV files not mpeg?

EDIT
    Of course it might be messing with the file format for the HD so that it only plays back on the same box.
    I have read mention of something similar here
    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=83&topicid=99187

Are TSV files not mpeg?

I copied the TSV file to my PC, and changed the extension to .mpeg. Windows media player wouldn't play it, but Nero Showtime player did

• Advertisement

Another issue I'm having is fast forwarding through a recorded program, to skip the ads. When I reckon the ads are about to end I hit the play button - and it jumps forward or backward a couple of minutes. I then scroll again to get back to the end of the ads, hit play, and it jumps again to some random spot.
    It's done this both for a recorded show - and a live pause, but seems to be worse for live pause.
    Could be my hard drive of course, but just thought I'd see if anyone else is having this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I copied the TSV file to my PC, and changed the extension to .mpeg. Windows media player wouldn't play it, but Nero Showtime player did

You could also try changing it to .ts if you have a player that plays such files.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Could be my hard drive of course, but just thought I'd see if anyone else is having this problem?

I've a very similar issue with a Triax TR112 box. Very annoying, and a shame because the box will play all sorts of file formats, just not very well, not even its own recordings :(

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Do you think it would possible that someone could modify the software so we could have the 7 day epg on the satellite? I'd actually be willing to pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Anyone using an external hard drive with this? I have a Toshiba 500gb USB 3.0 and the box is having problems identifying it.

Once I plug it into the box a message appears confirming it has connected but when I try record a program, it says 'Disk Partition failed' and cannot be accessed by the media player function.

Tried the hard drive in both NTFS and ExFat formats but the box still wont read it.

Any help?

donmeister wrote: »
    Anyone using an external hard drive with this? I have a Toshiba 500gb USB 3.0 and the box is having problems identifying it.

Once I plug it into the box a message appears confirming it has connected but when I try record a program, it says 'Disk Partition failed' and cannot be accessed by the media player function.

Tried the hard drive in both NTFS and ExFat formats but the box still wont read it.

Any help?

I'm not looking at my Triax at the moment, so just going on memory - but you have to hit the Media button, then scroll across to Recorder Manager, then set an NTFS or FAT32 partition there. Only then will the box see the harddrive as a possibility for recording. Its on page 36 of the manual. Did you try that?

where the hell is this update that apparently they are working on?? :mad:

sky23 wrote: »
    where the hell is this update that apparently they are working on?? :mad:

I've been in email contact with them recently and, to be fair, they have responded promptly if somewhat blandly. But they have now said that they are working towards a software update sometime in early December but don't have an exact date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Gomplayer will play the tsv files no problem on a pc...

http://player.gomlab.com/eng/

• Advertisement

I've been in email contact with them recently and, to be fair, they have responded promptly if somewhat blandly. But they have now said that they are working towards a software update sometime in early December but don't have an exact date.

hope that's true! I e-mailed them 4 times ages ago and still no answer

Advertisement