Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Living Social exploiting people during Coronavirus.

• 26-03-2020 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Good Morning,
    I really hate anyone ripping off people during
    This crisis, this morning I got an email from
    Loving social, the bargains included..

12 pack of toilet roll for €15

3 100ml bottles of sanitizer for €29

Face masks at ridiculous prices.

Scum merchants should be boycotted in this
    Crisis.

All the best to all the decent people and businesses
    Out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

Who the **** charges €43.13 for 12 toilet rolls in the first place???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

xtradel wrote: »
    Who the **** charges €43.13 for 12 toilet rolls in the first place???

A cross between someone who doesn't know there are regulations about advertising sale prices here, and someone who MASSIVELY underestimated how quick supply chains could respond (particularly with the Hard Brexit buffer for dry goods which has been in place for a year now).

There is no chance they even had them on sale for the required time at that nonsense original price for 30 days.

I suspect they'll be the scratchiest single ply junk possible too.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

Advertisements like this really show why most of these "deals" are rip offs to begin with. As for single ply....I'd say sandpaper would be more delicate!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Loving social really stink, they have crap masks and gloves as well for crazy prices, very scummy practices but people buy them..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Hopefully people remember and boycott companies that sought to profit out of this crisis.
    Turn their short term gain into long term pain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hopefully people remember and boycott companies that sought to profit out of this crisis.
    Turn their short term gain into long term pain.

Sadly people have short memories

Advertisement