Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best car insurance?

• 03-04-2020 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Just wondering what the best car insurance company is... I’ve just got 3 points (speeding) until September. I’ve checked and got good prices but now I’m not sure which company is the best to deal with... can someone recommend? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is no "best".

You can try some of the companies in the List of Insurers sticky and see what quotes you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭tech

I have found An Post insurance very good over the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

tech wrote: »
    I have found An Post insurance very good over the last few years

'very good' for what.... price, claims handling, admin issues?

As poster biko has said, there is no 'best'. Often times, the company that is best on price will be a complete disaster when it comes to support when you need them. Because they don't have any proper backend systems. A certain company which claims to deal with a single gender is an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭whydoibother

The reason I am asking is that my current insurer - that I've been with for many years - is giving me a quote of nearly 900 euro for comprehensive cover when I can get so many other insurers to give me the same cover for near half the price - I have already phoned them and asked them but they can't tell me. I won't say the name of the company but it is one of those that gives you the best deal of many insurers... I am just surprised that I can find a better deal myself and they cannot...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The reason I am asking is that my current insurer - that I've been with for many years - is giving me a quote of nearly 900 euro for comprehensive cover when I can get so many other insurers to give me the same cover for near half the price - I have already phoned them and asked them but they can't tell me.

They can't tell you what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭whydoibother

coylemj wrote: »
    They can't tell you what?

They can’t say why their price is a lot more than what I’m getting from other companies myself looking on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

They can’t say why their price is a lot more than what I’m getting from other companies myself looking on my own.

Because they don't do business with the insurer you are getting the good quote with or if they do, that insurer has given better rates to a different distributor

Advertisement