Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Relaxation techniques mindfulness meditation etc

• 11-05-2019 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭

I need this and am lost.

What do you do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I use YouTube most often, look up Jason Stephenson, he has loads of content posted. Guided meditation for sleep/stress/anxiety etc or just general relaxation music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Honestly, the outdoors helps. Leave everything behind (yes, even your phone) and go for a walk/run/cycle/whatever movement you fancy at the time. Just focus on that moment, that one activity. Im a cyclist, and I will say it to anyone: cycling is freedom, physically and mentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mulbot

Yoga and Wim Hof, very effective for stress I find myself much more relaxed and calm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

The headspace app is one that I have often seen very good recommendations for.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I second the Headspace app. Also if you’re trying to unwind at nighttime to sleep, I recommend a podcast called Sleep With Me. It took me a bit of getting used to but I find it works like a charm now.

• Advertisement

Run outdoors in the fresh air or swim until you're physically tired. When you occupy your body it's easier to give your mind a rest.

I meditate and do yoga, keeps the head spring cleaned and clears out the dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

I use the Calm app. I downloaded it to help me sleep (they do sleep stories for big people) but they also do guided meditation sessions based around a daily theme which I find great for putting you back on track. I think with meditation, as with most things consistency is the key to success, finding a way to build it into your day. Also getting out into nature helps, increases endorphins which will positively impact your mood.

The "Waking Up" app is also receiving a lot of praise. It contains guided meditations and also lessons for general life.

There is a small price on it but it is quite flexible. If you mail the creator and tell them you really want the app but simply can not afford it right now - they tend to just give it to you for free.

The first 5 meditations from the 50-day introductory course, along with 5 short talks are free though so you can try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Honestly, the outdoors helps. Leave everything behind (yes, even your phone) and go for a walk/run/cycle/whatever movement you fancy at the time. Just focus on that moment, that one activity. Im a cyclist, and I will say it to anyone: cycling is freedom, physically and mentally.
    I need to schedule this more.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

turning off all media and resting in the silence. Blessed here on a small island with a deep quietude and peace . That heals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Isn't there a new meditation forum ... somewhere on boards?

Advertisement