Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Doonbeg Begorragh!

• 05-06-2019 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭

Why all the paddywhackery?

Jumping around the street in glee, it's like they won the lotto...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Looked great on the news in the sunshine.

Word is some of the trumps are going to join the locals for a few scoops

The Donald looks after his own flock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The Donald looks after his own flock.

You're typing wanker wrong....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Looked great on the news in the sunshine.

Word is some of the trumps are going to join the locals for a few scoops
    theyre tea totallers

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

300 people in work

Food on the table mortgages being paid

Things that actually matter to normal people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Donald Duck Trump does not give a F about anything apart from his ego.

Doonbeg can welcome him all they wish, well why not?

Oh and just to be frivolous can someone tell me why DT's ties go down to his knees! Mad Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Why all the paddywhackery?

Jumping around the street in glee, it's like they won the lotto...

I think you don’t understand what paddywhackery is.

These are local Irish people welcoming a head of state and a large local employer to their village.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Whenever I hear doonbeg said on tv my brain repeats it as doomed... said by sgt frasier on dads army.

https://youtu.be/V7NlFWh7Sz8

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Go on Donald.

The snowflake generation might just melt this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

theyre tea totallers

Is that something to be proud of given all the sh ite that he has spouted so far.

Say nothing and live your life the way you want to. And of course he goes to Church too.

Well you have to go to Church in MURICA, or you are an apostate. Presence at church works so much. Ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The Messiah has certainly put that place on the map this week.. I've never heard of it before his visit, now the next time I'm down that way if I see a sign for it I'll likely spin by, looks great on telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Oh the irony of these biggots undermining the people of Doonbeag.

It's not exactly the kind of place where you'd find employment easily,apart from seasonal work in hotels and restaurants, shop's etc.

If the locals appreciate him so be it, we live in a democratic Republic.

His business has put food on people's tables.

If we all look after our own patch instead of thinking a micky mouse protest will make any difference.

I seen a clip of the protesters, typical type's of educated idiot's craving attention.

Blow ins, what's worse is they indoctrinate their kids by bringing them along and get them into the whole polava.
    It's very sad to see.

I suppose there's people who wrestle with their version of pigs because the pig's love it.

Does Donald give a toss, of course not he couldn't care less.
    It goes with the job....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Ah yes, us Irish the great ironics, delighted to use US products like iphones & watch their TV shows & go to their country for jobs/J1's or visit one of our family over there or as some lads do, wanna join the Marines, but don't you dare bring your head of state over here for a visit that he wanted, how dare they.:rolleyes:

Welcome Mr President.

The Messiah has certainly put that place on the map this week.. I've never heard of it before his visit, now the next time I'm down that way if I see a sign for it I'll likely spin by, looks great on telly.

It's one the best surf and fishing beaches in Clare.
    It's a storm beach, majestic looking when there's an offshore breeze and a heavy.ground swell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

How much is this costing us in tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

_blaaz wrote: »
    How much is this costing us in tax?

10 million for security alone is the figure being quoted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Did anyone actually watch the rte news and the protesters behind the camera?

Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Who's gonna buy it when it all comes crashing down from weird international money funnelled through it.

Or do people actually think this place washes it's own face....

10 million for security alone is the figure being quoted

Jesus wept....hope the US pays up....pretty sure he arrived without offial invitation

Jesus wept....hope the US pays up....pretty sure he arrived without offial invitation

Have you seen our corporation tax revenues courtesy of US companies?

What would FG do with the ten million... that would pay for 10 reports! From PWC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Yup. searched it myself on google maps. I'd guess that hotel and golf course is making a massive difference for a lot of local families and small businesses. Caddying jobs for local youngsters in summer,hotel wages going into the local town shop/pubs.

It looks a pretty small place that would otherwise be bypassed on the way to Clare's more touristy spots.The locals ain't gonna rock the boat. Who could blame them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    Oh the irony of these biggots undermining the people of Doonbeag.

It's not exactly the kind of place where you'd find employment easily,apart from seasonal work in hotels and restaurants, shop's etc.

If the locals appreciate him so be it, we live in a democratic Republic.

His business has put food on people's tables.

If we all look after our own patch instead of thinking a micky mouse protest will make any difference.

I seen a clip of the protesters, typical type's of educated idiot's craving attention.

Blow ins, what's worse is they indoctrinate their kids by bringing them along and get them into the whole polava.
    It's very sad to see.

I suppose there's people who wrestle with their version of pigs because the pig's love it.

Does Donald give a toss, of course not he couldn't care less.
    It goes with the job....

How many sides does your mouth have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I love it.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Have you seen our corporation tax revenues courtesy of US companies?

What would FG do with the ten million... that would pay for 10 reports! From PWC.

How much of this tax revenue is courtsy of trump companies here??

This lad isnt here in a offial.capacity as US president i taught (i could be wrong though!)???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Hedgelayer wrote: »

1 protester on the news said she felt the need to come out to shannon this evening to voice her opinion, like it fcukin mattered one iota what was rolling around in the vacuous space between her ears, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one, and her child was prompted to talk and let off a spiel of utter sh1te that's she heard repeated ad nauseam by her parents while they sat around there communal fcukin vegetable garden telling everyone they shower once a week to save water, the ****

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Felt sorry for the young lad being interviewed at the protest.

He was asked what did he think of Trump.

He paused, before reciting his poem. He's a bigot, he's a sexist, yadd yadda.

Poor chap looked like a scared cult member trying to stay on script.

How much of this tax revenue is courtsy of trump companies here??

This lad isnt here in a offial.capacity as US president i taught (i could be wrong though!)???

I dont think the Taoiseach regularly meets the owners of golf clubs in Shannon... at least I hope not. Only gets out of bed just for popstars and presidents.

How many sides does your mouth have?

You can do better than that, soundbites are easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The golf club was there before the Donald Trump became an international threat, it will be there long after.

Until it's washed away by vicious storms and rising sea levels!

• Advertisement

1 protester on the news said she felt the need to come out to shannon this evening to voice her opinion, like it fcukin mattered one iota what was rolling around in the vacuous space between her ears, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one, and her child was prompted to talk and let off a spiel of utter sh1te that's she heard repeated ad nauseam by her parents while they sat around there communal fcukin vegetable garden telling everyone they shower once a week to save water, the ****

These are the same type of people who gam on about religion and politics....

Advertisement