Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Bought some Costume jewelry on line form USA sender sent it via Priority Mail express International Insurance included. on 5/11/20
    the priority Mail express International stated 3-5 days! Am I being totally naïve expecting it would come in this time frame?
    at first I got regular updates from my USPS tracking no. but nothing has updated since Sunday last 8/11/20.
    I am really worried now, Its not showing on An Post tracking it was not a large parcel it was a padded envelope .
    Would you say it will come and the likelihood is that it is just delayed? Most people on here seem to have received theirs eventually

Last entry from USPS was:
    November 8, 2020, 8:37 am
    Departed
    DUBLIN, IRELAND
    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on November 8, 2020 at 8:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

November 7, 2020, 7:43 pm
    Departed
    NEWARK, UNITED STATES

November 8, 2020, 8:37 am
    Departed
    DUBLIN, IRELAND
    Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on November 8, 2020 at 8:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Its currently in no mans land, thats between Airport and customs agency. Prepare for a few more days of wait

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mufc2803

Hi I ordered from amazon was due for deliverys November 5th it left st Helen's merseyside on the 2nd of November. I contacted an post and they said they havent received it yet. Anyone else have this experience recently. Amazon are usually quick for me

Mufc2803 wrote: »
    Hi I ordered from amazon was due for deliverys November 5th it left st Helen's merseyside on the 2nd of November. I contacted an post and they said they havent received it yet. Anyone else have this experience recently. Amazon are usually quick for me

Have you reached out to Amazon Customer Service ? Delays are the norm at the moment and I think it will even get worse the closer we are getting to xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

My Amazon order is delayed by over 10 days so Amazon offered me a refund today, if the order arrives I get it for free

Gally79 wrote: »
    Have you reached out to Amazon Customer Service ? Delays are the norm at the moment and I think it will even get worse the closer we are getting to xmas.

I just hit the link for a refund and it says I will be refunded in 3-4 working days. Just an inconvenience having to order the items again as they were presents. Maybe I will wait until the end of the week and see do they come. Reading the forum a lot of people seem to be in the same boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

I just hit the link for a refund and it says I will be refunded in 3-4 working days. Just an inconvenience having to order the items again as they were presents. Maybe I will wait until the end of the week and see do they come. Reading the forum a lot of people seem to be in the same boat

Mine actually showed up today!! Wait a few more days before ordering again I would suggest

weetiepie wrote: »
    Mine actually showed up today!! Wait a few more days before ordering again I would suggest

Great stuff!! Did your shipment update on post tracking website at any time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

I have a amazon parcel that left Mersey side on November 1st and hasn’t changed since then ! Another parcel from the same day arrived yesterday and a amazon parcel ordered after that has arrived but no sign of this one and it’s the one I need the most , typical ! Hoping it arrives because the item isn’t available to order on amazon now !

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

Great stuff!! Did your shipment update on post tracking website at any time ?

My package was in Merseyside on the 2nd nov. I didnt get another update until last night at 12 midnigt to say it had arrived in Dublin yesterday Tuesday 10th. I got a txt from an post at the same time , and then this morning the package was delivered. So it all happened v quickly after having been stuck in Merseyside for over a week.

weetiepie wrote: »
    My package was in Merseyside on the 2nd nov. I didnt get another update until last night at 12 midnigt to say it had arrived in Dublin yesterday Tuesday 10th. I got a txt from an post at the same time , and then this morning the package was delivered. So it all happened v quickly after having been stuck in Merseyside for over a week.

Good to know I will leave it a few days before ordering again so. Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

I ordered an item from Amazon via Addresspal on November 5th. Collected it from my local Post Office today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Did everyone waiting for stuff (especially from Germany) have the tracking updated?
    Heading in to 2 weeks tomorrow and the tracking still says its in Koln

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭peter4918

fritzelly wrote: »
    Did everyone waiting for stuff (especially from Germany) have the tracking updated?

Waiting on a package from Austria coming through their postal service and last tracking is 29th October where it says item handed over at airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JamboTyson

I'm waiting on stuff from Amazon UK and last scan was from St Helens on Nov 1st. Contacted amazon and they sent a replacement which is due tomorrow but exact same story with that. No scans in Ireland yet so that looks like it'll be delayed also

peter4918 wrote: »
    Waiting on a package from Austria coming through their postal service and last tracking is 29th October where it says item handed over at airport.

I’m also waiting for a package from Austria. It has been posted on the 22nd October and has left Austria on the 24th according to Austrian tracking (www.post.at)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 reddev75

Im waiting on mail since the 26th oct from germany but unfortunately its not tracked,so i havent a clue where it is!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

godtabh wrote: »
    Registered letter posted on the 31/10. Still not delivered and no tracking number. ****ing joke.

Almost in to the third week of this. Still no updates. Total joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I have 4 or 5 packages from Amazon with An Post since end of October. Took ages to arrive in Dublin and now there's no movement at all with any of them.

This B.S from An Post asking for patience simply doesn't cut it. Patience is a day or two extra on delivery - not 2 or 3 or 4 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

I’ve gotten refunded for quite a few items in the past few weeks and the items have all shown up, some on the same day the refund was issued or else within a day or two so I’d hold off re-ordering for a few days just to see if they show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I’ve gotten refunded for quite a few items in the past few weeks and the items have all shown up, some on the same day the refund was issued or else within a day or two so I’d hold off re-ordering for a few days just to see if they show up.

Were you subsequently charged again for the items you were refunded for?

I received a refund for a fairly expensive item but it later showed up in Dublin sorting office so I could still receive it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Also waiting on something through DHL in Koln. Stuck there since last Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

John_Mc wrote: »
    Were you subsequently charged again for the items you were refunded for?

I received a refund for a fairly expensive item but it later showed up in Dublin sorting office so I could still receive it.

No, Amazon told me to keep the items ranging from about €12 up to €65. Saying that it might be different for more expensive items!

I wonder for items that aren't scanned yet when they eventually are will there be some sort of alert to send them back to amazon. I can't see amazon continuing to pay out refunds if this drags on

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LfcIreland

Did you get your package yet?
    I am also in this situation😟 Purchases some jewellery from USA it was sent vis USPS express Priority International got regular daily updates while still in USA and now tracking has stopped last entry was:

Argh 😖!!! What does this even mean?
    What’s a transfer airport? Does it mean it’s in Ireland? Not appearing on An Post tracking.
    Really worried. Please tell me some of you at least got yours eventually

Hey did you're package move since, im having the same issue

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LfcIreland

wandererz wrote: »
    I am in the same situation as you.
    Says departed Dublin Airport on 27th.. It's now the 4th.

Hi, any update on your package im in the same situation. So hoping there is just big delays on the irish saide and hasnt been lost.

Thanks

Mod: please don't do multiple posts on the same thing. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Local Postman says he has seen evidence that An Post in Dublin are swamped with Amazon deliveries.

Amazon can get the stuff to An Post quick enough and the local deliveries have spare capacity but An Post sorting is the limiting factor yet again.

I've got 3 items that Amazon have sent out a week ago but aren't in An Posts system yet. I'm expecting some refunds shortly.

Funnily enough the postman was saying he'd be on to Amazon to complain that an item (with and An Post tracking number) was two weeks overdue he got a refund and the items arrived the following day.

Wake me up when it's all over.

I wonder are packages with no scans from an post tracking still getting delivered eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

JamboTyson wrote: »
    I wonder are packages with no scans from an post tracking still getting delivered eventually

I don't think many, but some do get through, my son had one. Of the lost ones I've had (3 out of 500 plus from Amazon) none have ever made it through.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

I ordered a POC cycling helmet . It was sent on the 16th of September from U.K with zero tracking and I never received it. I don't tink Ill be getting it now. Seller has reimbursed me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Munstermunch

LfcIreland wrote: »
    Hey did you're package move since, im having the same issue

Thanks
    Nothing yet, Pointless trying to contact An Post they said they haven’t received it yet!! So frustrating 🙄I’m praying it’s just delayed as per recent An Post article attached but how long realistically would it need to be delayed for me to get worried? Any advice

Advertisement