Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2008 Boards Fantasy League

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

Hey, how the hell does the scoring work? Havent a clue whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

chicoben wrote: »

It works on a sliding scale.. ie for each category (runs, home runs etc) the team with the most runs for example have 12 points in that category and so on down to 1 point for the team with the least. The 10 catergories are then totalled and the team with most points thats the leader. On the league page, click into full standings and it breaks it down. the first table is the points for each category and the second table is the total stats in each category.. hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Ortiz is really costing me in this...

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

chicoben wrote: »

Me too. But somehow I'm in first place. Probably better I don't know lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Bill Hall looks to be a great free agent signing so far.

Can anyone explain to me how to manage a team-especially the pitching?

• Advertisement

How do you mean manage the pitching?? They show you the probable pitchers a few days in advance so i normally just set my lineup a few days in advance. Forgot to include Dan Haren today of course and he pitches a good game!! Typical

Well I have 3 SPs-does that mean that I can only score points for starting pitching 3 out of 5 days?

And what if 2 of my SPs are scheduled to pitch the same day?

Should you/can you dump RPs to sign SPs?

Or do you try and juggle SPs and closers?

You have 2 SP's, 2 RP's and 3 P's spots (can be either starter or relief pitcher). All those positions are active every day so you can have a max of 5 starting pitchers going on any one day (this is highly unlikely) so you should have a mix of starters and relief guys and rotate the starters and make them active when they are pitching..

Ok, getting it now-looks like more work is involved than I first imagined....

there is a little work involved. I go in every 4 days or so and set my line-up for the next 4 days.. normally works out ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Kinda32 wrote: »
    You have 2 SP's, 2 RP's and 3 P's spots (can be either starter or relief pitcher). All those positions are active every day so you can have a max of 5 starting pitchers going on any one day (this is highly unlikely) so you should have a mix of starters and relief guys and rotate the starters and make them active when they are pitching..

I'm a bit confused too. By ' make them active' I assume you mean bring them off the bench into one of the SP or P slots.

Another thing that I'm not sure about... I know points are awarded in each category according to rank. Say I have a player on the bench and he scores ten runs, two homers and steals five bases. Because he's on the bench all that is worthless to me. I should have had him in one of the position slots to get anything. Is that right?

Active means active for that days games. Only your active plyers score in those days games. Bench players don't score for days when they are on the bench.. if you make them active for the following day then they can score points then for the following days games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

This was a pretty epic fail. Next year maybe! Congrats to Kinda for winning though!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭WATPOAE

If any of you are interested in doing this again for next season, I'm up for it. I would suggest setting up a league via ESPN Fantasy Baseball. I entered a free league there for this past season and managed to blag 2nd place! Very good set up and I think its better than Yahoo.

Anyways, we can discuss this when spring training rolls around or when Mark Teixeira decides which club is paying him $195 million for the next 8 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nick_Angel

have set up an NL-only league with a lot of lesser known stats

anyone interested?

also,would def be up for joining in any boards league this year...anyone setting it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 God1991

Ya im up 4 it too lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Yeah count me in for this too.

Advertisement