Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scuba Tanks

• 16-07-2018 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey, I’ve just cleared out my garage and have come across two large Aqua-Lung Scuba Tanks (M25x200 & Fabre 97/9241) and a small tank (232 Bar) that belonged to my father. I was wondering are they worth reselling or should I scrap them.

They haven’t been used in 15+ years but we’re stored away and look in good condition.

If anyone has any thoughts I’d appreciate it. Can’t seem to find anywhere on line to get an adequate resell value on them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

They're worthless unless and until they've been tested and certified.

George O'Rourke of Lambay Diving (086 166 7075) is probably the man to talk to, if you're in the East.

In the West, try Cillian of Breffni at ScubaDiveWest (095 43 922)

Or in the South, Jerry at Aquaventures (028 20 511)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

Locum gives good advice.

One question do you know if they have air in them or are they fully opened? If they've been stored open and not under pressure for the period of time you're talking about they are probably useless.

Advertisement