Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pocophone F1 - The new flagship killer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Definitely going for this at €330, the fun now starts trying to find one in stock at the rrp.

The full retail price in Spain is also €329 but there is a limited time €30off voucher available on the mi.com website but only valid for deliveries within Spain.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Looks like the annoying notch doesn't intrude on video playback or gameplaying, will be getting me one as my next phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

this according to on the Android sites looks like Ireland is out of the picture the best shot is probably Amazon UK

... https://www.androidauthority.com/pocophone-f1-availability-release-date-899011/

Americas

Chile
    Colombia
    Mexico
    Uruguay
    Asia
    Bangladesh
    Hong Kong
    India
    Indonesia
    Kazakhstan
    Malaysia
    Myanmar
    Nepal
    Pakistan
    Philippines
    Singapore
    Sri Lanka
    Thailand
    Vietnam

Europe

Albania
    Austria
    Belgium
    Bulgaria
    Croatia
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    England
    Estonia
    Finland
    France
    Greece
    Hungary
    Italy
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    Luxembourg
    Netherlands
    Norway
    Poland
    Portugal
    Romania
    Russia
    Serbia
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Ukraine

Middle East and Africa

Bahrain
    Egypt
    Iraq
    Israel
    Jordan
    Kenya
    Kuwait
    Lebanon
    Morocco
    Oman
    Qatar
    Saudi Arabia
    South Africa
    United Arab Emirates

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

have xiamoi ever had an official ireland release?? i think the market is way too small for that.

any of the global roms tend to be suitable for use here

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    have xiamoi ever had an official ireland release?? i think the market is way too small for that.

any of the global roms tend to be suitable for use here

The UK Rom will be perfect here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Definitely getting this phone. Can't wait for it's release to confirm actual pricing

Here's a very interesting comparison..

tedpan wrote: »
    Definitely getting this phone. Can't wait for it's release to confirm actual pricing

Here's a very interesting comparison..

Jesus for 200 quid less I would be willing to make that sacrifice... Those camera difference's were much less than I thought they would be considering how many people say the oneplus 6 camera was great... Was thinking of buying a one plus 6t but not a fan of glass back, I think the polycarbonate/plastic/Kevlar in the poco would probably be a better option.

does anyone know if there is an actual option to purchase with the Kevlar back or was it just for the reviewers?

god's toy wrote: »
    Jesus for 200 quid less I would be willing to make that sacrifice... Those camera difference's were much less than I thought they would be considering how many people say the oneplus 6 camera was great... Was thinking of buying a one plus 6t but not a fan of glass back, I think the polycarbonate/plastic/Kevlar in the poco would probably be a better option.

does anyone know if there is an actual option to purchase with the Kevlar back or was it just for the reviewers?

The Kevlar version will be available for sale but will be on the highest end spec and closer to 400. Could always buy a polycarbonate model and then just throw on a Kevlar effect skin?

The Kevlar version will be available for sale but will be on the highest end spec and closer to 400. Could always buy a polycarbonate model and then just throw on a Kevlar effect skin?

Yep it's an idea. And at the same time, 400 is still a chunk less than the possible near 550-600 that may be looking for the op6t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Flash sale in Mi India website tomorrow at 7:30 am...tempted...just need to find someone to get it here...6+64gb just 21k...so thats roughly 250 eur ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I'm in Sweden and the local Mi store (which is run by a local company not Xiaomi themselves) have said that only the 128GB version will be available on August 31st. and the 64GB version will not launch until October 1st. No mention of when the kevlar armoured edition will be available.

No idea if that is going to be the same across Europe.

invest4deepvalue.com

Flash sale in Mi India website tomorrow at 7:30 am...tempted...just need to find someone to get it here...6+64gb just 21k...so thats roughly 250 eur ...

21k is the MSRP for India. After taxes and shipping you won't save much compared to buying from a European seller directly to be honest. You also won't have to faff about with ROMs or worry about bands being compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Just ordered it from eglobalcentral. eu for 309 euro. Have purchased phones from them before quick delivery and no customs charge

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    Just ordered it from eglobalcentral. eu for 309 euro. Have purchased phones from them before quick delivery and no customs charge

They have just the 6GB/64GB version atm for anyone about to hit look them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Is there a version anywhere with more ram? I know there are versions with more memory, but it can sd cards up to 256GB so I wouldn't mind getting 64GB.

Is there a version anywhere with more ram? I know there are versions with more memory, but it can sd cards up to 256GB so I wouldn't mind getting 64GB.

There only seems to be the 6GB/64GB model available online at the moment, I'm sure the 6GB/128GB and 8GB/256GB versions will be out soon.

I think you're confusing storage with memory. RAM is memory.

6gb is more than enough and you can upgrade your storage via micro sd anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I was about to order the Xiaomi mi A2 but now I'm thinking about this..... That's a cracking price for a top of the line phone! However in terms of monthly security updates and general android OS updates whats the deal? The mi A2 selling point for me is the fast updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    6gb is more than enough and you can upgrade your storage via micro sd anyway...

I've been wondering about RAM inflation, are identifiable, practical performance upsides to RAM above 4gb on 2018 flagships?

I just think it's interesting that the Pixel 3 & 3XL are both rumoured to be packing 4gb RAM. That doesn't look penny-pinching to me, it looks more like a statement from Google that Android shouldn't need ultrabook levels of RAM.

• Advertisement

I was about to order the Xiaomi mi A2 but now I'm thinking about this..... That's a cracking price for a top of the line phone! However in terms of monthly security updates and general android OS updates whats the deal? The mi A2 selling point for me is the fast updates.

Apparently the "pocophone" sub brand will be getting faster updates than xiaomi phones. Android 9.0 update before the new year

corwill wrote:
    I've been wondering about RAM inflation, are identifiable, practical performance upsides to RAM above 4gb on 2018 flagships?
    The costs outweigh the benefits id say.
    A millisecond gained here and there, handy if you like to keep a load of apps open in the background though.

corwill wrote:
    I just think it's interesting that the Pixel 3 & 3XL are both rumoured to be packing 4gb RAM. That doesn't look penny-pinching to me, it looks more like a statement from Google that Android shouldn't need ultrabook levels of RAM.

I really can't see the jump from 6GB to 8GB being noticeable at all. Although I'd like as much internal storage as possible, all of my dash cam and drone footage is stored internally and 128GB fills up quickly. Will have to wait and see the price difference between versions..

I just want to tell everyone that I've more phone ram and storage then them.

*smug git*

If any manufacturer is providing monthly security updates it's a sign they are consistently producing flawed security. It's not a a good sign at all.

tedpan wrote: »
    I really can't see the jump from 6GB to 8GB being noticeable at all. Although I'd like as much internal storage as possible, all of my dash cam and drone footage is stored internally and 128GB fills up quickly. Will have to wait and see the price difference between versions..

Get a 256gb cat 10 micro SD and mount it in andirod. Will read as international memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I'm seeing the 6GB/64GB for 309 but also the 6GB/128GB for 332?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If any manufacturer is providing monthly security updates it's a sign they are consistently producing flawed security. It's not a a good sign at all.

Android security updates are driven by Google for the whole ecosystem, rather than by manaufacturers, I thought.

MOH wrote: »

Cool, 128GB wasn't listed earlier. I've my sights set on the Armored 256GB version, assuming it can be got in Europe. (India only at the moment)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

MOH wrote: »

Can't seem to see where they ship from, will there be customs charges to deal with as well?

Advertisement