Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Hi Jamie,

Is there different preclearance times for different flights? Excuse my ignorance...

Airline summer schedules kick in from the weekend of the European clock change and that means that there are more flights which require extended opening hours of the preclearance facility. That’s all that they mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Hi Jamie,

Is there different preclearance times for different flights? Excuse my ignorance...

They usually put it on screens 2 hours before each flight, but can't see it been a major issue if somebody went down before requested to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Just in case anyone comes across this thread, 51st & Green is the only lounge after Preclearance. The Aer Lingus Gold Circle lounge is not, nor are any of the others. Access to Aer Lingus's lounge, which many people now have from Aer Club, doesn't give you access to 51st & Green.

As for going down before your time, its no issue. I've often done it and it's to your advantage if you can time it between the waves from flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Well if flying business you get into the 51st as do Platinum or better Aer Club .

Its preferable to complete CBP as early as possible to avoid any issues if they want to have a longer chat with you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Hi everyone due to fly to Dulles Washington in September EI119 what kind of plane do EI operate on this route? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Boeing 757 it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Hi everyone due to fly to Dulles Washington in September EI119 what kind of plane do EI operate on this route? Thanks

Think it's an A330, signified by the "3FA" in the booking engine. No idea what 3FA really means.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

A330 - just go to the seat selection part of the booking process.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    A330 - just go to the seat selection part of the booking process.

is this not one of the ASL roperated routes with the 757 or has that changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Riskymove wrote: »

Actually you're right...or half right anyway! It's currently a mix of 757/330 (starting today I think). So I guess it could be either. Someone else might be able to say if they are moving to all 330, though I guess they may wait and see what forward bookings are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Actually you're right...or half right anyway! It's currently a mix of 757/330 (starting today I think). So I guess it could be either. Someone else might be able to say if they are moving to all 330, though I guess they may wait and see what forward bookings are like.

good news I have avoided the Washington direct route due to the 757s but if it was A330 I might use it

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Riskymove wrote: »
    I expect that this it is changing to all A330. The next A330 to join EI will be next month.
    They have 4 B757s, they operate SNN-JFK, SNN-BOS, DUB-BDL and (the new route launched last Sunday) DUB-PHL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Due to fly out at 6.30am on Easter Monday morning from T2 with EI. Will be checking in on line with carry on baggage. If we are there at 5.20am will be ok or should we go Fastrack security?
    Thanks
    M

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Minister wrote: »
    Due to fly out at 6.30am on Easter Monday morning from T2 with EI. Will be checking in on line with carry on baggage. If we are there at 5.20am will be ok or should we go express check in?
    Thanks
    M
    I think you’ll be ok if you straight to security, boarding usually starts 25/30 mins before departure especially for early mornings. So bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Minister wrote: »
    Due to fly out at 6.30am on Easter Monday morning from T2 with EI. Will be checking in on line with carry on baggage. If we are there at 5.20am will be ok or should we go express check in?
    Thanks
    M

Bear in mind if you have already checked-in on line you only have to face Security and Boarding, provided you are only carrying cabin baggage.
    I presume when you say "express check in" you are referring to the priority "Fast Track" security service?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Hi all,

Was just wondering if what I was told was true, that Aer Lingus also operate out of the 300 gates in terminal 1? By the gate clock bar?

Getting a flight later and just want to double check to give extra time in case those are the gates I need to go to.

Cheers!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hi all,

Was just wondering if what I was told was true, that Aer Lingus also operate out of the 300 gates in terminal 1? By the gate clock bar?

Getting a flight later and just want to double check to give extra time in case those are the gates I need to go to.

Cheers!

Yes, during peak periods some flights operate from there; however you check in in T2.

You may also use the new remote gates or the bus gates depending on the flight so a little extra time is always useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Also, if you download the Dublin Airport app, you can usually check which gate your flight is boarding from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

rushfan wrote: »
    Also, if you download the Dublin Airport app, you can usually check which gate your flight is boarding from.

Ah didnt know that, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Bear in mind if you have already checked-in on line you only have to face Security and Boarding, provided you are only carrying cabin baggage.
    I presume when you say "express check in" you are referring to the priority "Fast Track" security service?

You're right Pat. Changed it. Thanks.
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

What's the most cash you can take on your person through Dublin into Luton, guys? Heading over Monday to pick up a car and will have €4500 on me and the thought never even crossed my mind that I could look like a poor mans Escobar.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bisounours

I think you’re allowed up to 10K but they’ll have questions....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

bisounours wrote: »
    I think you’re allowed up to 10K but they’ll have questions....

I'll have my temporary insurance policy documentation with the car reg on it with me as well as proof of contact from the dealer so hopefully that should be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Duff wrote: »
    I'll have my temporary insurance policy documentation with the car reg on it with me as well as proof of contact from the dealer so hopefully that should be enough.

There's no limit on the amount of cash you can carry within the EU technically. Having some documentation is a good idea anyway just in case they think you're a mule!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Duff wrote: »
    .......... Heading over Monday to pick up a car and will have €4500 on me and the thought never even crossed my mind that I could look like a poor mans Escobar.

Best question Ive seen in months!

Please tell me you will be wearing a striped top and a tache!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Above 10,000 you have to declare it, however if you prove that a larger amount is legitimate, you can bring more. At the same time, if they find you with 4500 and you can’t prove its legitimacy, then they can confiscate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

smurfjed wrote: »
    Above 10,000 you have to declare it, however if you prove that a larger amount is legitimate, you can bring more. At the same time, if they find you with 4500 and you can’t prove its legitimacy, then they can confiscate it.

You don't have to declare it within the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

You don't have to declare it within the EU.

Correct, and coming into or leaving Ireland they can't even take it off you unless it's over €6350 (ish)!

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_to_ireland/customs_regulations_for_travellers.html

Coming into the UK the rules are similar. No mention of what amount they won't take it off you though :)

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-cash-into-uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭pauraic1990

Hi all,

Can anyone can guide me on connecting flight in Manchester.

I will arrive to Manchester from Dublin on Aer Lingus then onto Virgin Atlantic to Orlando.

Last time I went via Gatwick and when we land in Gatwick, we board the bus and brought straight to the baggage claim thus bypassing Passport Control.

Would this applied in Manchester?

Thank for your help

Advertisement