Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Europlex Alarm panel

• 11-12-2016 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Zone 9 keeps telling me it's open which is the hall door. Would this mean the batter for sensor needs to be replace or that the contact needs to be replaced? Also how do I isolate that zone? I can't get the menu up to get to isolate the zone. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What Europlex panel is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭TANGLEWOOD

Thanks for reply. Not sure. I'll post a photo.

This is the panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

OK.
    Lets see what rights your code has.
    Enter you cod and press arrow down untill you come to menu & press select.
    Is there menu options to Inhibit & Isolate.?

Thank you so much. I've managed to isolate the zone. I have another question if you don't mind. I'm hoping it's the battery and I have a replacement but not sure how to open the sensor and I don't want to damage it. I attach a photo of that - maybe if you know you could point me in the right direction.

• Advertisement

Just remove the phillips screw at the top centre. The lid will then open from the top first.

Thank you. How stupid am I. Maybe if I'd got a step ladder I might have noticed but then again maybe not. Great to get it sorted especially at this time of year. Thanks again for your help. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 paulberry6

Can anyone recommend an alarm service engineer that would service and repair an working Europlex alarm system . have a 3A Smart PSK and a Signet 100.

Most good installers would be familiar with these systems.
    You could also check the PSA register of installers here

Hi KoolKid

Back again. Same issue. Replaced battery back in May and last weekend alarm with off - front door. Was working fine again until this evening when the alarm failed to set - front door again. Just wondering do I need to replace the contact on the front door or maybe I just got a faulty battery? Also when I open the hall door should the red light flash every time?

If I need to replace contact - is it straightforward?

Thank you.

• Advertisement

The panel should normally show low battery. I would say replace the contact at this stage.
    Europlex wireless contacts are no longer available. What version of firmware is on the panel?
    Engineer>Utilities>Software

Thank you for the reply.

When I enter code and go to menus the only options I get are inhibit, isolate, test, event log, chime, user, change code and setup sms. Unfortunately Can't see an option for engineer, utilities, software.

Thanks.

Do you have a separate engineer code?
    You will need engineer access to replace the contact. You also might have to upgrade the firmware to allow you to use Visonic devices.

Na. Don't have an engineers code. I guess I'm going to have to call the guy who installed it. Ironically. The alarm is behaving itself again but it looks like I better get the contact changed!!!! Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Leopardlizz

Hi,
    Can someone help me out here.
    I am trying to source a Europlex sensor type- 3745-212B and I’m finding it difficult to obtain.
    I got one place in England who are looking for £61 for one and £20 for delivery😩does anyone know anywhere in Dublin I can get one?Thanks...

The Europlex SigNET wireless portfolio is now obsolete.
    If the panel is a SigNET 100 you can upgrade the firmware to 1.2b to allow you to use Visonic wireless devices.
    If the panel is a SigNET 200 or 300 you can change the license key to allow you to use Visonic wireless devices.

KoolKid wrote: »
    The Europlex SigNET wireless portfolio is now obsolete.
    If the panel is a SigNET 100 you can upgrade the firmware to 1.2b to allow you to use Visonic wireless devices.
    If the panel is a SigNET 200 or 300 you can change the license key to allow you to use Visonic wireless devices.

Hi Thank you for messaging me back.
    How do I know which one I have?
    Could I send you a photo??:)

Yes
    It should say it on the control panel.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes
    It should say it on the control panel.

Hi,
    I checked in the panel it is a signet 100.
    Could you tell me how to upgrade it please.Thank you.

Hi you need a copy of the licence free firmware ver 1.2b.
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with firmware.
    Vanderbilt or any licenced installer would be able to help you with that.

• Advertisement

Hi KoolKid.
    Back again looking for some help please. Getting modem 1 L fault on my panel which I would like to clear please. Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

My panel is

Is this a GSM modem or a PSTN Modem.
    If its GSM try disable & re enable to initialize the SIM card. Failing that try a full power cycle of the panel.
    When the fault if resolved you will be offered the option to Clear Alert when you enter your code.

Hi

Thank you for reply. Not sure what router I have. Don't use sim. I have an Eir F2000. I also don't know how to do a full power cycle of the panel.

Do you have monitoring on the system?

Hi,

I did but not anymore.

If so you could then disable the modem from the engineer menu.

Hi KoolKid

Sorry for all the questions. When I go into Menus I have the following options

Inhibit
    Isolate
    Test
    Event Log
    Chime
    Users
    Change Mode
    Setup SMS

I've tried to either inhibit or isolate modem. I've inhibited the modem and it shows the modem is inhibited but once the alarm is set and then unset the fault comes back. I can't find any Engineer menu unfortunately.

Hi
    If you isolate it will stay off. If you had the engineer code you could disable it fully.

Thank you for patience and your help. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Anytime ;)

Advertisement