Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Winter 20/21 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another beautiful day here in Meath, mild and plenty of sunshine. I can hear the first lawnmower of the season going in the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Gonzo wrote: »
    another beautiful day here in Meath, mild and plenty of sunshine. I can hear the first lawnmower of the season going in the distance.

I thought you said last week that all the lawns and fields in your area were waterlogged. Have they already dried out enough so that mowers can be used?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I thought you said last week that all the lawns and fields in your area were waterlogged. Have they already dried out enough so that mowers can be used?

not all the area is saturated only certain parts of it. My garden has dried out alot since the cold spell. It started to get wet again when the mild weather came in but this weekend brought great drying conditions will all the mild and sunshine. However we may be back to square one by Thursday if the rain is bad tomorrow into Thursday. After Thursday hopefully we get at least one solid week without rain, that would go along way at solving the parts that are still fairly saturated.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,742 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yeah I was thinking of mowing today but I think I'll leave it till next week. Looks like we'll get plenty of rain in Dublin although we never seem to get as much as anywhere else. 14c tomorrow, sizzling!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

What an absolutely beautiful day.

No trips to park for me as very busy day working but my son was able to play out the back for most of day which was brilliant.

Reminded me of last year's good weather during lockdown but I doubt it will last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

appledrop wrote: »
    What an absolutely beautiful day.

No trips to park for me as very busy day working but my son was able to play out the back for most of day which was brilliant.

Reminded me of last year's good weather during lockdown but I doubt it will last!

Lovely day and next weekend will be lovely too. Looks like a load of dry bright days from Friday.

Unfortunately rain coming now. Lots of it. I can see it on the radar.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A nice forecast on the bbc long range forecast there. After tuesdays and wednesdays rain it settles down with light winds and dry weather. temps in and around 11/12 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,742 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Feels warm in Dublin, think it's 14c here. Hasn't rained much but been very blustery. This could be a day in June or July that I'd definitely be posting about here in foul humour because our summers are so sh*te.

Feels warm in Dublin, think it's 14c here. Hasn't rained much but been very blustery. This could be a day in June or July that I'd definitely be posting about here in foul humour because our summer are so sh*te.

The majority of July 2020 and several days in August 2020 werent any milder than today and filled with rain or mist as well.

We definitely had plentiful of days in June 2020 that were not much warmer than today.

It didn't feel mild to me today but I will admit I was only outside for about 5 minutes going into the shop!

I think it's just because it's so damp and windy so feels more miserable even though mild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Dreadful day in the sunny south east again. Raining most of the day.

not a bad day here in Meath, dry for the most part but cloudy and feeling fairly cool.

Parts of eastern England are hitting 17 and 18C today and a taste of early summer there!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Gonzo wrote: »
    not a bad day here in Meath, dry for the most part but cloudy and feeling fairly cool.

Parts of eastern England are hitting 17 and 18C today and a taste of early summer there!.

Nice and bright here in Dublin 16. Still quite cloudy though. The beginning of this dry settled spell at long last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Not a bad day in Meath. Overcast and dry for the most part until now.
    Raining now. The poor lawn isnt getting a chance to dry out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lovely late morning/afternoon in Dublin 16....but....just looked at radar and that will change soon!

rain back here too, just when I thought it was all over for a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A few heavy showers last night and this morning, it has been dry since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

It dried out nicely alright here near Castlebar as the day wore on. With the strong wind gone of the previous few days, this evening had a lovely soft nature to it with more than a whiff of early spring about it. The skies cleared nicely in the late afternoon and there were some pretty pastel shades of oranges and pinks in the sky as the day drew to a close.
    With the birds still chattering well after sunset, it was one of those evenings where it was hard to drag myself inside from the garden. A few more settled days like this would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

highdef wrote: »
    It's ???? Mother Nature, who? ???you need to embrace her and not call her "nasty"

Hmmmm. Interesting misreading/misattribution. lol....

The breeze, which is what I was referring to, was nasty, wherever it came from. Very nasty indeed.

The wind alone knows where it comes from and where it is going. We just get in the way of it ;)

Calmer and milder today and the rain not as heavy or frequent.

The daffodil leaves are growing fast and the first shoots of chickweed are breaking through. And barely cold enough to need the turf fire .

The ocean at the back of me changes mood many times a day,, calm silent to rhythms of white capped tide and winds. Wondrously expressing the changes of mood and wind many times a day. Rocks crashing at high tide,....

And daylight slowly lasting longer each day now.

Early and late extending its gentle kindness with the small signs and promises of spring and summer to come...

Much offline now until Easter. Stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A few heavy showers last night and this morning, it has been dry since then.

A couple of fast heavy showers out here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 windows 7 home premium

Another wet day here, really looking forward to the dry weather that is forecast. Could do with a break from all this cloud and rain. West wexford.

Good forecast there for high pressure for rest of week according to Met Eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Another wet day here, really looking forward to the dry weather that is forecast. Could do with a break from all this cloud and rain. West wexford.
    I'm not holding my breath. Monday was the only day in the last few weeks it didn't rain in South Kildare. The promised improvement in the weather keeps being pushed forward one day at a time. We got that guff last summer and all it did was rain.

An absolutely beautiful spring morning here in NCD, not a cloud in the sky, birds singing away to their hearts content.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Good sunny spells today here in Kerry, small sprinkle of rain a short time ago but otherwise a great day.

Got up to 11.2C and 8.9C atm

Cold night in store, touch of frost in places.

NASA Sat Pic from earlier today. Just noticed on the Sat pic what looks like darker water run off from the rivers into the sea in the S and SE

QtnUgTV.png?1

FGK5KGI.png

aXSrlnz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭circadian

Anyone else catch that short but heavy hail shower in North Dublin? Sunny skies and hailstones.

Grr. The weekend gets cloudy and then sunny again on Monday.

Good news. Only 4 weeks from Sunday and the sunset is close ~8pm. Roll on summertime.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I am looking forward to some frosty and foggy mornings over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

A mainly bright, cool and fresh day in Central Mayo. We had a few passing showers earlier in the day including a fairly sharp one of hail during the early afternoon. Finished off with a nice sunset though.

544958.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Spread out contrail on the far eastern horizon this morning. Either from an earlier flight going into (or out of) Dublin Apt or even Manchester. Hard to judge.

wa8DTyK.png

New Moon

Advertisement