Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs In Sligo

• 01-06-2009 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi Guys so Im a 21 year old college student. Im wondering does anyone know anywhere that would have work available. Really Need a job in Sligo doing anything from shop assistant to Whatever.

I thought we could have a thread where people could post up places that are looking for staff?? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Search the local newspapers, the Sligo Champion and the and the Weekender are better than the Sligo Post when it comes to looking for jobs.

To be honest I don't think there is too many jobs around, look in shop windows, they might have something.

Good luck in the hunt for a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

I tell you it is not easy to get a job in Sligo at the moment!
    I have been looking for 6 months until I found a new job now! It is not the best one as I am cleaning for the next 3 months but you get money!
    What sites I can suggest you are:

www.sligoweekender.ie ( they put jobs in it on a wednesday)
    www.jobs.ie
    www.fas.ie

those one are the best ones to find jobs in Sligo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Y2J

Cheers for that but the jobs that usually go on up them websites wouldn't suit a student..Does anyone know if places like tescos, currys or any of the bookmakers are looking for staff..
    TBH I know that finding a job at this stage will to tough but its such a long summer I would take any kind of work:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Y2J wrote: »
    Cheers for that but the jobs that usually go on up them websites wouldn't suit a student..Does anyone know if places like tescos, currys or any of the bookmakers are looking for staff..
    TBH I know that finding a job at this stage will to tough but its such a long summer I would take any kind of work:(

Call into all the ones you have mentioned. If they need someone urgently you might be in luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

take my job i just have!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

Bump because Im looking for a job, went to Toucan in Finisklin business Park ( Which is confusingly in the Tiscali building :rolleyes:) Said they aren't hiring part time anymore.

Probly should have thrown her an oul white one and said I'm finished college and was DYING to spend the rest of my career with Toucan :P

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sligome

toucan is now bought over by talk talk and they are not hiring at the minute, it was tiscali before it was talk talk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

What about asking around Christmas work, might be handy to get your foot in the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

:eek:I'm not Mr T! Get back to Mozilla darling! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Sligome wrote: »
    toucan is now bought over by talk talk and they are not hiring at the minute, it was tiscali before it was talk talk

Correction, Toucan was bought by Pipex UK, which was aquired by Tiscali UK, which was then bought out by the Carphone Warehouse (Which owns the Talk Talk Group)

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

If it makes you all feel good, I have two bachelors degrees, a masters degree and have spent almost 2 years living and working in asia and I haven't had a sniff off a job

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Correction, Toucan was bought by Pipex UK, which was aquired by Tiscali UK, which was then bought out by the Carphone Warehouse (Which owns the Talk Talk Group)

:cool:

How many work in the tiscali call centre there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

How many work in the tiscali call centre there?
    their is 150 working there.all of which will be gone in the next 6 months.

Advertisement