Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leapfrog LeapPad Kids Tablet

• 26-10-2011 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

hi is there any good price for this kids tablet for my little 5 year old, Thanks for help before hand:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fermeen

Got one in SMYTHS galway for €79 at the beginning of october

They said it was going up (by €10 I think) later in the month so check with one of their stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

found a 10% discount code for littlewoods so have one on order there for €73

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rachelg74

cyberspi wrote: »
    found a 10% discount code for littlewoods so have one on order there for €73
    They are sold out, as are smyths and Argos.
    Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere in Dublin or surrounds please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 loganberry

rachelg74 wrote: »
    They are sold out, as are smyths and Argos.
    Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere in Dublin or surrounds please?

I've been trying to get one everywhere and they're sold out in every shop as far as i know. Even Amazon.co.uk says should ship within 1 to 2 months. I have family going to Newcastle next week so I checked all Argos stores in that area and they're all out too. I even checked the Leapfrog website and they're out of stock. I reckon they'll be getting some in within the next few weeks, this always happens with a popular item before Christmas, a marketing ploy perhaps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

There's always the vTech Innotab. There are pros and cons for both units, but for kids, they're not gonna mind which one they get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Newcastlewest

Hi I have seen at Argos price come decrease to 79.99 but no stock still , I don't why are they doing this out of stock but on sale ??
    Any idea where are they available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Available at Toys R Us - in Pink.
    They deliver to Ireland.
    It says out of stock - but I tried ordering one and it's added it to my basket (didn't try go to checkout.)
    There are some special instructions here for Irish customers ordering off ToysRus .

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jm0903

i got it delivered today in green for €84 from toysrus to kildare free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Foodie2

Just ordered one from Amazon. 79 including delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Can anyone advise if the Leappad will play videos ripped from a Dvd and installed on the device. I know the Vtech one will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 minnieq

There in Argos at the mo, dont know how long they will last tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

minnieq wrote: »
    There in Argos at the mo, dont know how long they will last tho...

Don't seem to be able to reserve them on argos website, even though it says they are available to reserve (in green).

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭happydays5

hi my 6 year olds are talking about 3ds nintendos from Santa - can anyone tell me about these leapfrog tablets - are the games expensive for them or what is the cost factors involved and also what exactly do they do?

hi lads thanks for all replys i got delivered today from toys r us pink one.. So I am happy out form my little girl . to be honest i dont know too much about it just I had good experience leapfrog toys . I think games are 24.99€ each and second one is half price if you buy 2 .

In stock now at Amazon Here Hurry !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nic_nuff

If i get my sis in law to pick one up in the US will it work in Ireland? Is it battery operated or plug in?? Also, i've no internet in my house but can download the apps etc from work PC, will it work without Wiifi at home then or does it need to be connected all the time?
    Sorry about all this - am clueless!!

Pink ones in stock today at Amazon Here

nic_nuff wrote: »
    If i get my sis in law to pick one up in the US will it work in Ireland? Is it battery operated or plug in?? Also, i've no internet in my house but can download the apps etc from work PC, will it work without Wiifi at home then or does it need to be connected all the time?
    Sorry about all this - am clueless!!

You need 4 AA batteries, for upload free games and register you need internet connection which took 30 min for myself to do all of it .
    After all , this is your choose if you want to upload the pictures from Leappad to your PC or FB you need to connect internet .
    I don't have any idea about difference US or Ireland purchased Leappads,still when you first turn it on for register; it asks you which country you from and USA is one of the option .So I think they all same option to choose which country you are from doesn't matter where you have been purchased it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Tesco in Clarehall have these for anyone still looking

Pink ones available with delivery to Ireland for 99.99 euro at PLAY>COM

Edit -- sorry - I forgot they don't deliver electronics to Ireland.. but if you know someone with an NI address ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement