Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psoriasis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Kurbinator

hopefully there will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 theyapper

Hi guys, just stumbled across this thread and it was so good to hear other people's experiences with the nasty P!

I guess I am lucky in that I have guttage P so its not anywhere near as bad as some people on this thread experience but as a girl it can be really awful when you are going on a night out and all I can focus on is a patch on my elbow!!! Some things that helped me was not exfoliating as much, I used to exfoliate all over twice a week but apparently that can cause scratches to the skin that aren't visible to the naked eye and they can then develop into Psoriasis. I have noticed a big improvement in that no new patches are developing. The second thing I did was break with my ex who caused me a lot of emotional stress and I have noticed a huge improvement in the two months since then! Not always possible but it is good to have a look at what is causing stress in your life and deciding if it is worth it or you can do anything about it. Good luck to everyone! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,372 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have found tesco nappy cream worked very well to moisturise and heal.
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

This consists mainly of zinc oxide which is the main ingredient in sudocreme. The tesco one is far cheaper and more watery than sudocreme. I have used sudocreme in the past and it worked OK but was a pain to get off, like it would stick to your hair & skin (I have scalp P).

I shaved my head very close, a blade 1 all over and treated myself with my UVB lamp. I could feel some patches of dry skin but they did not look too bad. I use sudocreme all the time to heal cuts, eczema and sunburn -I find it remakably powerful stuff for what is considered a mild baby cream.

With the UVB you are meant to treat yourself until you just begin to get a mild sunburn so the skin is just going red. Since my hair is so short I was using the cream mainly to stop reddening (i.e. cure "sunburn"), but it seems to have helped the P too. I put it on my scalp and slept with a plastic bag on my head to stop it coming off. I put on a little regular cooking vegetable oil before the cream which I think also helped. In the morning it was a very even even layer left (with sudocreme it looks caked on). The tesco one with more water must moisturise a lot more, I rubbed my head and the scales came very nicely and left a very smooth skin underneath, though a little pink. You could not feel any skin peeling off, it was like it had healed and loose moisturised scabs were left on top.

Sudocreme stands out a mile being white, this watery cream spreads more. You can actually use it to mask the redness like makeup. i.e. you put a tiny bit of the white cream on the red areas and it lessens the redness -and no doubt is far better than putting on makeup which could have nasty agents in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Thanks for the scalp info!

I have very irritated scalp psoriasis. My Doctor gave me betacap a few weeks ago but it doesnt seem to be working. The flakes are driving me wild!

I was wondering if anyone had managed to use UVB for scalp psoriasis with long hair???

UVB seems to be the most recommended treatment and I do notice an improvement in the summer so I would definitely buy a lamp if it works on long hair.

First off I would not try the zinc oxide in long hair, well maybe a small bit and see how it washes out.

Usually for the scalp people get the smaller handheld UVB lights, the dermalight has these transparent tubes

dermalight80_scalp.jpg
    which serve 2 purposes.

1- they keep the light at a uniform distance from your skin
    2- they allow light to travel down them so they can transmit light through your hair and to your scalp. They will also act a bit like combs to hold the hair apart, I expect you could use some sort of hair clips to hold it apart too.

I have been reading more and it seems if you use tar treatments along with UVB then you do not have to use as much UVB, and it can be beneficial even at suberythemogenic doses which is fancy talk for "no need to sunburn yourself!"

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WM8-4SS8KD4-6&_user=10&_coverDate=06%2F30%2F1983&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1592694492&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=14eb2f6649b236220816d132af9e4899&searchtype=a
    Recent studies have questioned the therapeutic value of coal tar versus ultraviolet (UV) radiation and their relative necessity in phototherapy for psoriasis. In this investigation, different aspects of tar phototherapy have been studied in single-blind bilateral paired comparison studies. The effects of 1% crude coal tar were compared with those of petrolatum in conjunction with erythemogenic and suberythemogenic doses of ultraviolet light (UVB) using a FS72 sunlamp tubed cabinet. Crude coal tar was clinically superior to petrolatum with suberythemogenic ultraviolet. With the erythemogenic UVB, petrolatum was equal in efficacy to crude coal tar. Suberythemogenic UVB was also used adjunctively to compare the effects of a 5% concentration of a tar extract in an oil base to 5% crude coal tar in petrolatum or the oil base without tar. The tar extract in oil plus suberythemogenic UVB produced significantly more rapid improvement than the oil base plus UVB. The direct bilateral comparison of equal concentrations of tar extract in oil base versus crude coal tar in petrolatum in a suberythemogenic UV photo regimen revealed no statistical differences between treatments. In a study comparing tar extract in oil and the oil base without ultraviolet radiation, the tar extract in oil side responded more rapidly. This demonstrates a direct effect of tar alone in therapy. We have also studied the effects of erythemogenic and suberythemogenic UVB with and without tar extract in oil in the hairless mouse epidermal deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) synthesis suppression assay. It was found that erythemogenic dosages of UVB produced near maximal inhibition of DNA synthesis with or without coal tars. Suberythemogenic dosages of UVB produced submaximal suppression of DNA synthesis that was enhanced by adjunctive coal tar but not by vehicle, findings which are consistent with the above clinical results. These studies suggest that coal tars combined with suberythemogenic UVB therapy is a practical alternative (to more aggressive UVB therapy without coal tar) which reduces the UVB exposure to the patient. (J AM ACAD DERMATOL 8:781-789, 1983.)

I am a baldy git! so keep my hair short, but it can look odd being pink from the UVB -though it looks infinitely better than the psoriasis. I am giving the tar a go again with lower doses of UVB, it also is handy not to have to hold the lamp for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Hi everyone,

I've had fantasitc results using a prescribed combination of Enbrel & Methotexate for my Psoriatic Arthritis. It is very hard on the system but after approx 3 months my psoriasis completely cleared up. Have been on this combination on/off for about 3 years now, and can confirm for me at least that there is merit in this combination - I know it's not for everyone, but if like me you have quite extreme psoriasis then it might be an option worth considering to discuss with your consultant.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

stevejr wrote: »
    Hi, my first post here!! Just finished reading the whole thread. A REVELATION!....I knew other people had psoriasis, including my brother but the weird thing is I thought I was the only one in the world who REALLY had it. I know that sounds weird but that's how I felt.

I'm 32 now and got it in my early 20's,didn't have a clue what it was at first.It started innocuously enough- small dry patches on my face and a few weird waxy-like lumps on my scalp. That was the extent of it for a year. Then I got promoted at work and left home, both happening within the space of a month. BANG I went from being a confident happy, outgoing person to a withdrawn shy nervous wreck.

The reason, you may have guessed....f***ing Psoriasis. All over my face, scalp, chest, back and worst of all, ahem family jewels (to my enduring horror the Ex GF thought it must be an STD and freaked out, hence the... Ex part) Couldn't walk without discomfort.

Tried 6 different doctors and heard everything from ecsema to allergies. Eventually it was my grandmother who suggested i had Psoriasis, she'd told my symptoms to her homeopath. I told Doc No.7 and surprise surprise he confirmed it. So i had a diagnosis finally, was delighted, assumed that for every disease there must be a cure, modern medicine being super-duper and all that with antibiotics for everything. Assumed the doc would give me a few tablets and life would return to normal ie;

-Comb my hair without wincing

-Look in a mirror without cringing

-Go to the Barber's and not drread it

-Get up in the morning and look in the mirror without worrying how my apperance had changed overnight

-Not have to worry that everyone from family to colleagues to even my local shopkeeper was not freaked out by my appearance

-have a full head of hair

-have my confidence back

I couldn't have been more wrong. 7 odd years later and virtually nothing has changed. I have been clear a few times since then but after my first relapse it has been very hard to enjoy the clear times knowing this awful affliction is just around the corner.

As I've said I've just finished this thread and the comforting thing was the familiarity of reading post after post of what mirrored my own dismal experience. Lot's of pages of Deja-vu. I'll continue to read and use this great new(..to me) resource. Thanks

Carbon copy of my story! My family jewel psoriasis isnt scaly like the rest over my body more reddness and every so often the affected skin hardens and cracks off leaving tendre new red skin underneath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

http://www.psorinfo.ie/Home/Resources-and-tools/Download-the-New-Psoriasis-iPhone-App.aspx
    Download the MyPsoriasis iPhone App for free today from the iTunes Store.

The MyPsoriasis iPhone application allows you to manage your psoriasis on the go on your iPhone or iPod touch.

Features:

Information on psoriasis and its treatments at your fingertips
    Advice on common flare up psoriasis triggers and minimizing flare ups
    Your psoriasis diary – Treatment reminders so you never forget to use your medication, catalogue flare ups and note appointments.
    Track how you’re managing your psoriasis – take and store photos of your rash and see how your treatment is working
    Useful videos on psoriasis and how to use prescribed treatments

Will be waiting for the Android one myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭FREDNISMO

I suffer from it all over including face and scalp havn't had a decent haircut in 6 yrs too embarrased to go to hairdresser anyone have similar problems? or how did you overcome this?

• Advertisement

My scalp was acting up due to heavy drinking & dehydration. I had not done the UVB in over a week, there were definite red patches and one was weeping and bad regular dandruff. But on coal tar for 40mins, then UVB, 9mins in total for the whole scalp -6 areas. Then put on that tesco sudocrem and slept with it on, head covered. Woke up and there it is remarkably clearer, no definite patches and the weepy bit was healed.

I found a patent online for a psorasis cream and many of the ingredients are in that tesco cream. As I said before its hard to wash out, there might be some tip out there though, like I am guessing you could totally douse your hair in veg oil and it might mix with that and be easier to wash out.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

Hi,

I've had psoriasis on my scalp for over 10 years and due to high levels of emotional stress it went bonkers before Christmas. This unfortunately got worse as my body suddenly from my neck to the top of my thighs was covered in red patches which dermatological confirmed was psoriasis. Dermatologist said this may had been linked to throat infection but to be honest I was a bit sick for a day or two over christmas but nothing other than flu. I could deal with the scalp psoriasis but the body seriously started impeding on my day to day life. I had to wait 6 weeks for my dermatological appointment I started to use everything possible. I used a mix of below so can't tell you what worked best but the end result was that by time I attended that appointment my body psoriasis was 95% gone. The only evidence I had of my affliction was photo's taken on my camera phone in prior weeks and a bit left on sternum.

- Halotherapy aka salt therapy. Available at http://www.salttherapyspa.ie/ in Malahide & now Blackrock. Halotherapy has numerous benefits, it's really good for people with respiratory conditions. As my "complaint" was skin related I was treated in the cocoon rather than salt relaxation room! Basically lie in compartment and close lid. Special salt mix it then circulated for 20minutes. The results were pretty much instant. I was shocked, never had such a quick positive reaction to anything for psoriasis. I went twice a week for three weeks, at that stage my body psoriasis was 95% gone, just a
    bit on sternum. As mentioned at start my scalp psoriasis is longterm but this was greatly reduced. The staff at Salt Therapy were lovely. I bought a bag of the special salt which I use in bath. €35 per session, €10 for salt bag.

- Urea body lotion. This was result of bit of research on boards, didn't splash out on Eucerin. Instead picked up Cien body lotion in Lidl for €2.99. It's got 5.5% urea which is higher that some of the branded urea products.

- Moogoo...yep it's the brand name http://www.moogoo.ie/ It's basically cow udder cream but adjusted for human! This rung bells with me as had read about the benefits of udder cream a few years ago but never ventured due to it's greasy lotion. I came across this by accident as I passed my excellent local health shop, Health & Harmony Old Baker Street, Thurles 0504-28682. Product had been brought to their attention by another psoriasis suffer who had been using it to great sucess. I used the shampoo and conditioner circa €15 each but large and well worth. Never had such a healthy scalp.

My dermatologist gave me reams of prescriptions when I finally attended but to be honest I felt the above was working a treat and didn't want to introduce further harsh chemicals.

Hope the above helps some others! Please let me know of your experiences!

Lainey_b01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Thanks Lainey!

Can you tell me what you found best for your scalp.

I have it just on my scalp but it has been really bad for the last few weeks. Im waking up with it weeping and blood stained most mornings. My doctor perscribed betacap but I actually cried putting it on yesterday. The alcohol in it just kills me, its even hard to wash my hair as the water stings it.

I use T-gel and try to use the betacap but neither are really helping. Im really interested in trying that light comb as well.

Lainey_b01 wrote: »
    - Moogoo...yep it's the brand name http://www.moogoo.ie/ It's basically cow udder cream but adjusted for human!
    I have read of weightlifting girls in the fitness forum using udder cream to stop calluses on the hands, meant to be powerful stuff.
    eilo1 wrote: »
    I have it just on my scalp but it has been really bad for the last few weeks. Im waking up with it weeping and blood stained most mornings.
    I have found that the tesco nappy cream works well for weepy spots, as I said before it would be hard to wash out, I have it mixed with regular vegetable oil now and it comes out much easier, I had a weepy spot last week and it was gone overnight. You put some cream in another container and slowly stir in veg oil bit by bit. Maybe test it on a small patch to see if it is easily washed out. I leave it on overnight , I nick bags at the butchers counter which fit my head well, or shower caps would work.

I was wondering about other readily available moisturisers with no added nasty chemicals. One I considered was salad cream or mayo! it is fully of oil, water, vinegar and eggs. The vinegar is know to take off flakes, the oil and water mixture would moisturise well and the protein in the eggs might be beneficial. Salad cream is more acidic so might be too harsh. As it is thick it would be easier to apply than straight veg oil or vinegar on their own.

Hi Eilo, sounds like your having it really tough. The MooGoo really what has helped my scalp, no longer have to go loo regularly to check status of my shoulder flakes and brush down! Which I think is something all suffers would be familiar with. Had been getting the salt therapy before started using MooGoo so it may have boosted it's success rates. Hopefully it works for you as it has for me. Scalp can be a pain to treat as often involves greasy, pasty items that have to stay in and then wash out. I've thick hair which hasn't helped!

I come from a farming background so I'm familiar what the real stuff looks and smells like! Think there was a rumor doing the rounds a while ago that Celine Dion used it as part of her skin care regime. Moogoo is more human friendly, main thing is that it's definitely not anywhere as thick or greasy as cow version. Somehow they have been able adjust and keep the natural healing and conditioning properties.

They also do a Eczema & Psoriasis Balm that i use for my elbows.

Let me know how you get on, fingers cross for you!

Lainey_b01 wrote: »
    - Moogoo...yep it's the brand name http://www.moogoo.ie/
    Loads of pharmacies listed there
    http://www.moogoo.ie/stockists/

Has anybody seen it on sale online?

EDIT: doing a search for udder on amazon gets similar products for humans, along with proper cow stuff.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=udder+cream&x=0&y=0

I emailed one of the stockists in sandyford asking for prices and if it was in stock
    Blackglen Pharmacy (Contact: Morgan)

Unit 1, Blackglen Village Centre, Simonsridge, Sandyford, Dublin 18

Ph: (01) 2921751 Fax: (01) 2921436

email: blackglenpharmacy@yahoo.com Web: www.blackglenpharmacy.ie

they said...
    We have several moisturising creams in different sizes:
    - Moogoo Udder Cream (120ml) €10.10
    - Moogoo Full Cream (75g) €13.70
    - Moogoo Full Cream (250ml) €16.40
    - Moogoo MSM Soothing Cream (75g) €15.70
    - Moogoo MSM Soothing Cream (250ml) €21.18

These creams are in order of mild to strong depending on dryness/dermatitis etc. If you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
    I then replied saying I was using it for scalp P and he said
    Moogoo have a specific scalp cream which is excellent for scalp psoriasis. The 75ml is €15.70 and the 250ml is €21.18. I would also suggest using their shampoo (€14.86 for 500ml) and the conditioner (€14.86 for 500ml). These products produce excellent results. One of the pharmacists here uses the products for the same condition and find them great.

Can buy on line from moogoo.ie site but prices pretty much similar to stockist so if you want to avoid delivery charges I would try get it in local pharmacy or health food shop.

Good to hear pharmacists getting success also! Must see if local health shop have the scalp cream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LittleMissH

Hi all,

I have had this scalp problem for I'd say over 10 years now. Always put it down to dry scalp and tried all the usual shampoos, Neutrogena T-Gel, Nizoral etc...
    So finally went to my doctor last week and he has prescribed Betamousse, anyone else tried this? I read most of the thread but didn't see anyone else mention it..

It seems there are so many different products out there and everyone is different as regards what works for them but its good to see there are many other people out there with this very annoying condition!!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Hi Littlemissh,
    I've used it and still have some in my "psoriasis armoury", and still use it from time to time. I also use Stieprox shampoo (prescribed) and between the two of them the scalp stays clear.
    I'm also using enbrel (as I was very severe) but i think the other two are controlling the scalp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LittleMissH

Thanks Bravo!
    Will give it a try anyway, am willing to try anything, this problem has been going on for too long!

Also am intrigued about what I've been reading about cider vinegar, think I might try it if I have no success with Betamousse!

If you look on google scholar you can see studies done on various readily available creams. I have been using aloe vera gel for the last week or so, combined with the nappy/zinc oxide cream mixed with veg oil. I am the clearest I have ever been even after a very heavy drinking session, after drinking I applied cream which I think makes a huge difference, usually I would just go to sleep and wake up dehydrated I think is a combined effect of the toxicity of the alcohol and smoking (I only smoke when drinking). I also did some coal tar with UVB. My skin was a little red one day but I think this was just the mild sunburn you should expect from the UVB, it was fine 2 days after.

The aloe vera gel should be fine for peoples scalps with long hair as it would simply wash out.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-3156.1996.d01-91.x/abstract
    The treatment was well tolerated by all the patients, with no adverse drug-related symptoms and no dropouts. By the end of the study, the Aloe vera extract cream had cured 25/30 patients (83.3%) compared to the placebo cure rate of 2/30 (6.6%) (P<0.001) resulting in significant clearing of the psoriatic plaques (328/396 (82.8%) vs placebo 28/366 (7.7%), P<0.001) and a decreased PASI score to a mean of 2.2. The findings of this study suggest that topically applied Aloe vera extract 0.5% in a hydrophilic cream is more effective than placebo, and has not shown toxic or any other objective side-effects. Therefore, the regimen can be considered a safe and alternative treatment to cure patients suffering from psoriasis.

Though this one found otherwise
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1468-3083.2004.01186.x/full
    Results  Data on 40 patients were analysed. The score sum of erythema, infiltration and desquamation decreased in 72.5% of the Aloe vera-treated sites compared with 82.5% of the placebo-treated areas from week 0 to week 4, which was statistically significant in favour of the placebo treatment (P = 0.0197). Fifty-five per cent of the patients reported local side-effects, mainly drying up of the skin on test areas.

Conclusions  The effect of this commercial Aloe vera gel on stable plaque psoriasis was modest and not better than placebo. However, the high response rate of placebo indicated a possible effect of this in its own right, which would make the Aloe vera gel treatment appear less effective.

This one would show it reduces reddening (sunburn) after UVB
    http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/Produkte.asp?doi=10.1159/000114871&typ=pdf
    Erythema values were determined photometrically after 24 and 48 h. Results:A. vera gel (97.5%) significantly reduced UV-induced erythema after 48 h, being superior to 1% hydrocortisone in placebo gel. In contrast, 1% hydrocortisone in cream was more efficient than A. vera gel. Conclusions: In this study after 48 h the A. vera gel (97.5%) displayed some anti-inflammatory effects superior to those of 1% hydrocortisone in placebo gel. The A. vera gel tested here might be useful in the topical treatment of inflammatory skin conditions such as UV-induced erythema.

You could make up your own mixture after finding what works best, this one was testing honey mixed with beeswax & olive oil.
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WCS-4BNVGXH-7&_user=10&_coverDate=12%2F31%2F2003&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=gateway&_origin=gateway&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1697794508&_rerunOrigin=scholar.google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=5e032ef9b831662d048cdb287b6c1012&searchtype=a
    Conclusion: Honey mixture appears useful in the management of dermatitis and psoriasis vulgaris.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Hi All,

Newbie to this thread but I suffer from psoriasis on the elbows, knee's, knuckles and recently by my ankle, its spreading... I went to the doctor and got prescribed dovobet which is great in the fact that it clears it up but not for long.... I use it really sparingly but its damn expensive to keep getting the perscriptions and then the 120euro for the 120g tube's!

Anyway my dad has been doing a bit of googleing in auto-immune conditions (more so for someones crones disease) and came up with LDN or Low Dose Naltrexone, apparently it works wonders and doesnt have any apparent side effects...

Anyone here using it? If so who perscribed it? Id like to try it out.

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

Cheers All,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Hi all,

I have had this scalp problem for I'd say over 10 years now. Always put it down to dry scalp and tried all the usual shampoos, Neutrogena T-Gel, Nizoral etc...
    So finally went to my doctor last week and he has prescribed Betamousse, anyone else tried this? I read most of the thread but didn't see anyone else mention it..

It seems there are so many different products out there and everyone is different as regards what works for them but its good to see there are many other people out there with this very annoying condition!!
    bravo wrote: »
    Hi Littlemissh,
    I've used it and still have some in my "psoriasis armoury", and still use it from time to time. I also use Stieprox shampoo (prescribed) and between the two of them the scalp stays clear.
    I'm also using enbrel (as I was very severe) but i think the other two are controlling the scalp.

Betamousse is a steroid based product and must be used in moderation. Like all steroids, it can work well for a while, but you could end up where you started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

My Doctor is going to perscribe me the LDN I mentioned and I have found 2 chemists in Ireland which will supply it. I will let ye all know what effect it has, if its as described on some sites my psoriasis should be gone in 3-4 weeks and stay away as long as im taking the tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Any tips or balms I can buy to help reduce the reddness of my psoriasis? Too warm in work and need to wear t-shirt. I like to disguise the patches on my elbow. Appreciate any help.

DonFred wrote: »
    Any tips or balms I can buy to help reduce the reddness of my psoriasis?
    Zinc oxide is white, the stuff in sudocreme or the nappy cream I posted above. This can lessen redness but is a bit too white. I have mixed it with cocoa butter to make it a more transparent paste.

The bonus is I find zinc oxide creams to be excellent for psoriasis.

Where do you get the Cocoa butter? Just bought some high strenght Aloe Vera gel so am going to give this a try. Also have that Tesco nappy cream, yes its a big white alright.

DonFred wrote: »
    Where do you get the Cocoa butter?

In some chemist in the US, women use it for pregnancy stretch marks should be in most chemists, I have seen it in supermarkets but it is usually just water oils and then some cocoa butter in the mix. The real stuff is quite thick and beige and mixes well with the zinc oxide creams. Vaseline might also work, not sure.

This is an active "boards deal", not sure if it is any use, I think I read on some forum somebody had good results, possibly here on boards.
    Have you or someone you know got breathing difficulties? Asthma? Struggling with eczema? Halotherapy - a salt therapy proven to treat respiratory and skin conditions in both adults and children - might be the solution.

Pay €70 for five sessions of halotherapy plus one free starter session at the brand new Salt Therapy Wellness Centre, Blackrock or at the Salt Therapy Spa, Malahide with today's Boards Deal.

Buy this deal now!

Salt Therapy Spa Ireland was founded by a chronic asthma sufferer, Richard Lindsay, after he discovered the benefits of halotherapy to his own health. You can read about his experience here. This therapy is suitable for both adults and children and the voucher will allow an adult to accompany a child for sessions. Each treatment lasts 45 minutes.

100% drug free, scientists and researchers developed halotherapy as a means of concentrating the positive effects of salt observed in nature. It is a proven treatment for respiratory and skin conditions.

For more than 20 years dry salt aerosol, administered in specially-designed halochambers, has been used to help upper and lower respiratory conditions such as cold and flu, allergy, asthma, bronchitis, sinus infection, sinusitis, rhinitis, hay fever and emphysema. In addition, the anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of dry sodium chloride aerosol has been shown to be an effective treatment for ear infection and conditions of the skin such as eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.

Some of the many benefits you'll receive from treatment at Salt Therapy Spa or Wellness Centre include:

• Clearence of bronchial inflammation

• Removal of airborne pollen particles from airways

• Strengthening of immune system that decreases allergic reaction to pollens

• Cleansing and sanitation of the airways

• Prevention and treatment of common colds and flu

• Improvement of dermatological disorders such as acne, dermatitis and psoriasis

• Reduction of snoring

• Better sleep

If you still have some unanswered questions about halotherapy you can read the Salt Therapy frequently asked questions or read the testimonials of others who have tried the therapy.

Salt Therapy Wellness Centre,
    41 Main Street,
    Blackrock,
    Co. Dublin.
    T: 01 2143383/ -86
    E: info@salttherapyspa.ie

Salt Therapy Spa,
    Railway House,
    Railway Avenue,
    Malahide,
    Co. Dublin.
    T: 01 8457411
    E: info@salttherapyspa.ie

http://www.salttherapyspa.ie/

Buy this deal now!

Terms of the Deal:
    • New customers only
    • Voucher valid for one adult or one child with accompanying adult
    • Voucher valid for 3 months
    • Not valid with any other offers
    • One voucher per person, multiples may be bought as gifts
    • Must be booked in advance by calling 01 2143383 or 01 2143386
    • Course to be completed within 5 weeks of first session for best results

• Advertisement

Have anyone tried this shampoo for psoriasis??

JASON Dandruff Relief Shampoo 355ml
    JASON_Dandruff_Relief_Shampoo_360ml1273736418.jpg

Advertisement