Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The wezz

• 08-12-2008 9:17pm

Seeming as it was mentioned on the other thread,

I was wondering was it ias bad as it was made out to be by the papers etc.
    I thought when that article came out in the Sunday World ages ago.It was taking a pot shot at people in d4 etc(because it is a working class newspaper)

The disco I used to go to in Leitrim was far worse, in the toilets we had knackers from Longford snorting yolks(no offense to normal Longford people), People from different GAA areas fighting,sexual intercourse happening in the disco.plenty of drinking before hand too.

So does the Wezz really deserve the bad name it gets?

Edit:Took the name out to stop trouble.Sorry mods:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Cohen Loose Pollywog

[snorting yolks([/QUOTE]

Snorting them?!?! Never seen that before :confused:

I seen a lot of weird things happen in that disco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

According to my 14 year old cousin, It's a posher version of teenage kicks that SPIN 103.8 host in the leisure plexes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Nah the Wezz is actualy grand (granted I've only ever been to "Back 2 Wezz", which is the older version). Sure there are a couple of drunken messes (usually girls) but the same could be said of any club/pub in Dublin. Those pictures of girls that were taken in the Sunday World were of the people so drunk that they didn't get it, and weren't representative of the type of people who actually get in there at all. Like most events, people just go there to have a good time.

At baby Wezz they even have a lollipop lady to help people who are really drunk cross the road!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

The Wes had nothing on a couple of discos I went to in Clare. Very reserved in comparison.

Course I'm fookin ancient now (23) so maybe it's all changed!

creggy wrote: »
    According to my 14 year old cousin, It's a posher version of teenage kicks that SPIN 103.8 host in the leisure plexes.

The "Teenage Kicks" disco (or "Spin" as all the 13 year olds call it) is like a younger version of Wezz. It really goes:

1st year- Spin
    2nd/3rd Year- Baby Wezz
    3rd/4th year- Old Wezz
    5th year- Back to Wezz
    6th year- Real pubs and Clubs.

I have been in clubs from NY to Galway but never seen anything like I did in those teenage discos.To be honest though,it was the girls with low self confidence who were getting pissed and easy.I say they regret it now.Once you get the name of a slut,its hard to lose it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Cohen Loose Pollywog

tribulus wrote: »
    The Wes had nothing on a couple of discos I went to in Clare. Very reserved in comparison.

!

Enistymon or Lahinch by any chance? Coz they're still skang fests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Kind of regret not going to this place when I was a youth now that I hear reports of said debauchery. Wonder if they'd turn me away at the door these days? It's only statutory if you get caught...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

One was in Kilkee, the other might have been Enistymon, can't remember fully I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Piste wrote: »
    The "Teenage Kicks" disco (or "Spin" as all the 13 year olds call it) is like a younger version of Wezz. It really goes:

1st year- Spin
    2nd/3rd Year- Baby Wezz
    3rd/4th year- Old Wezz
    5th year- Back to Wezz
    I think I went to Spin twice in 2nd year. Then never went to any teen disco again...

I was so uncool :p

From seeing teens go there on buses and outside it, I'd say that in terms of teenagers getting drunk and girls wearing half nothing, it deserves its reputation. In terms of being eternally damaging and corrupting to teenagers, probably not.

2nd year?! No we were far too cool for that carry on in second year. Baby Wezz was where it's at.

I only ever went to Wezz twice actually, both in 5th year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

2nd year?! No we were far too cool for that carry on in second year. Baby Wezz was where it's at.
    Heh, well we were hanging around with 1st year girls at the time.

My sister has actually gone through that exact progression that you've listed, apart from one intermediate phase, since apparently there's a "Third Year Wezz" these days....

Heh, I knew it was only a matter of time before they spotted the kids too old for baby wezz but who'd get bet up at old wezz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

1st year- Spin
    2nd/3rd Year- Baby Wezz
    3rd/4th year- Old Wezz
    5th year- Back to Wezz

Did anyone actually go to Wezz in 3rd year? I thought it was more Bondi (Im not refering to wether Bondi exists anymore but more that when we were in third year people used to go to Bondi)

Is there any substitute for Bondi?

Only ever went to Wezz once, an after party, was absolutely shíte. I was among the four coherent and sober people there. I'll never look at most of my year the same way :D.

Oh yeah Bondi, forgot about that. Never went there though I wanted to. I remember after the JC EVERYONE went, but unfortuantely everyone else's exams finished before me, I had music to do so couldn't go out :(

Was that the fashion show afterparty? I was going to go to that, but then some guy from your year were absolute dicks to me and put me in a fould mood so I went home and sulked.

Oh yeah Bondi, forgot about that. Never went there though I wanted to. I remember after the JC EVERYONE went, but unfortuantely everyone else's exams finished before me, I had music to do so couldn't go out :(

Was that the fashion show afterparty? I was going to go to that, but then some guy from your year were absolute dicks to me and put me in a foul, mood so I went home and sulked.

Now the feeling......Classical Studies

Yeah, Upon first glance i was like woah seems kinda harsh, then I thought about my year. Yeah that fits the bill of my year in general, they're cúnts (well some of them have gotten to a tolerale enought stage, but thats another rant). What did they do that was so dickish, if you dont mind me asking?

Speaking of fashion show after party, never have I ever seen someone quite so inapropriate asked to by drink. Some woman in a suit in <snip>no mentioning of where to get drink for minors</snip> carrying a dozen or so cans of Dutch Gold up to the counter, and a gang of girls outside watching intently :D

Nonsense. My year would never drink Dutch Gold. Also I had to edit your post so it didn't say where the drink was got, it's all explained in the charter which you should have read! about what is and what isn't allowed to be discussed.

Ok I know it will sound really childish but....thy pulled my hair. I was wearing these adorable hair clips that were very tight and one guy standing behind me, who I'd never met before yanked one out really hard which hurt a lot. I like to think I turned round and angrily told him to fúck off, but most likely I just turned around and glared, not daring to say anything. Spoiled my mood for the night :(

Nonsense. My year would never drink Dutch Gold. Also I had to edit your post so it didn't say where the drink was got, it's all explained in the charter which you should have read! about what is and what isn't allowed to be discussed.

Ok I know it will sound really childish but....thy pulled my hair. I was wearing these adorable hair clips that were very tight and one guy standing behind me, who I'd never met before yanked one out really hard which hurt a lot. I like to think I turned round and angrily told him to fúck off, but most likely I just turned around and glared, not daring to say anything. Spoiled my mood for the night :(

I actually did read it :s sorry. The location was more to put context to the story.

Your year does (well most likely did) I'm sorry :D (could possibly name some of the girls too/wont though)

Should have kicked him ahem........somewhere. That to be fair is pretty low down on the asshole things Ive heard them do, but its pretty shocking. Probably could guess who it was!, even though I was back stage for the ENTIRE time, my penance for putting a really shít CV in.

All I can say is that it clearly wasnt me :)

• Advertisement

Ok good :P not that I could say I suspected you or anything!

Ok good :P not that I could say I suspected you or anything!

I know I was being blamed :pac:

The stigma of being a Michael's boy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I never actually went to Wezz. My entire school did (practically) and in my 12 - 15 year old desire to be slightly different i refused to dress like a whore and venture thataway. Also I was scared of the scary boys! :o

From what i heard (and saw them wearing) Our Lady's girls are in a league of their own for sluttiness. Or maybe that was just my year.*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i never went to wezz or bondi.too far away but the discos i did go to werent much better by the sounds of it.we always had fights and generally ended up with the gaurds called at least once a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I never ever went to a teenage disco - it just wasn't my kind of thing. Some of the stories I heard about them afterwards made me glad I never went to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

knackers from Longford snorting yolks

Just the yolk, and not the white?

Ew no, albumen is so common.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Been a few times and only went because me mates uncle works the door. Probably wouldn't have got in otherwise being a northsider. :) In my experience it's only good after a few drinks. But a good night out all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

I never ever went to a teenage disco - it just wasn't my kind of thing. Some of the stories I heard about them afterwards made me glad I never went to one.

You deprived child! They were great craic :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

went to to spin in first year (it had just been set up then) and baby wezz, old wezz and back to wezz all through 2nd to 5th year.

Ok - baby wezz is bad. What I saw of it anyway - really bad. Great fun, but the things that used to go on.

Old wezz - a bit more respectable but most people would be off their heads drunk. Paramedics would be on the grounds if it was a big night, like halloween etc.

Back to wezz - for the people <snip>no talk of fake ids!</snip>

Mods : am I allowed to say about the passports? delete as necessary!

Advertisement