Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" available from Amazon for £149.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Silver back in stock at 147 direct from Amazon

get it QUICK!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab2-inch-Tablet/dp/B0080OQJDK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1353950984&sr=8-2

EDIT: Thanks for this thread. I've been checking in and monitoring the Amazon page, but kept missing it. Delighted I got one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Hi. Could anyone of those who have bought please clarify my doubt? The title on the amazon page displays 'Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7 inch Tablet - White (8GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)'. On the same page when you click on the 'See more technical details' under 'Technical Details', it shows 3G option for 'Connectivity' and HSPA to be also present with the device. The customer care are giving inconclusive and different answers each time. I wish to know if the tab has 3G connectivity; if it has a sim slot and could be used for making calls using sim card network, like a mobile phone. I also came across the availability of the same model (P3100) with wifi and 3G, and 16GB internal memory for around 230 euros in some countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

mac.in wrote: »
    Hi. Could anyone of those who have bought please clarify my doubt? The title on the amazon page displays 'Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7 inch Tablet - White (8GB, WiFi, Android 4.0)'. On the same page when you click on the 'See more technical details' under 'Technical Details', it shows 3G option for 'Connectivity' and HSPA to be also present with the device. The customer care are giving inconclusive and different answers each time. I wish to know if the tab has 3G connectivity; if it has a sim slot and could be used for making calls using sim card network, like a mobile phone. I also came across the availability of the same model (P3100) with wifi and 3G, and 16GB internal memory for around 230 euros in some countries.

You can choose to buy this tab with 3g connectivity, go to the link here and just above the price you can check all the available types under "style name"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab2-inch-Tablet/dp/B0080OQJDK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1353950984&sr=8-2

I also came across the availability of the same model (P3100) with wifi and 3G, and 16GB internal memory for around 230 euros in some countries

Stg 351.00 on Amazon here :eek: where did you see it for 230 euro?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0080OYC0W/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

vicwatson wrote: »
    Stg 351.00 on Amazon here :eek: where did you see it for 230 euro?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0080OYC0W/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

That is a marketseller price, that is not Amazon's price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

The one with 3G is more than £100 dearer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0080OQME6/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

The one's mentioned on this thread which are selling for £147 is only the WiFi model.

Stg 259 vs €230

Where did you see these at that price mac.in?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

jamescd wrote: »
    The one with 3G is more than £100 dearer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0080OQME6/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

The one's mentioned on this thread which are selling for £147 is only the WiFi model.

Does the one with 3G that you have quoted have wifi too. I mean, if it is quoted to have 3G, does it have both 3G and wifi or just 3G alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Does the one with 3G that you have quoted have wifi too. I mean, if it is quoted to have 3G, does it have both 3G and wifi or just 3G alone?

They all have wifi, but only the one labelled 3g has 3g.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

I purchased 2 of these with Littlewoods with a discount code . Wondering can I claim cash back on both seeing as they are on the same receipt/invoice ? If I can do I put them in together as one claim ?
    Also do I put in the full price or the price that I paid after discount?

Anyone else buy two at same time how did you claim back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭donnacha

I'm going to be able to start my claim process on the 29th and was just reviewing the online claim form there. I bought in Sterling from Amazon so was thinking of choosing UK as country of purchase and try and claim the £30 - however once you get to address entry it defaults in the UK as your country and therefore you can't use an Irish Address ( I guess BT11AA could be an option here). Has anyone got this far with a claim yet and could give advice on what to do here? There is a phone number you can ring at point of entering bank details but I gave up after being on hold for around 25 mins.

The other problem I see that could delay a claim is if I settle for the €30 cash back and go down the route of Republic of Ireland as country of purchase. The form then requests you to enter a purchase price in Euros - but my invoice is in Sterling. Should I just enter the euro converted price that hit my Credit Card statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

If someone is looking for a case there is one on pixmania for 10.98 delivered. I have just ordered one. will put review when i get it.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11973778/art/cover-up/samsung-galaxy-tab-p1000.html

Hope it helps someone.

aspasp1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭mel123

If anyone finds any good deals on micro SD cards do share :-)

mel123 wrote: »
    If anyone finds any good deals on micro SD cards do share :-)

Here ya go

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/SanDisk/SanDisk-32GB-Mobile-Ultra-Micro-SD-%28SDHC%29-Card---Class-10-UHS-1-%2B-SD-Adapter

I paid €18.00 for a 16gb off these 2 weeks ago, class 10 too !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

why is this forum expired ? i got 1 on the 26th so availabity hasn't changed, ie v. sporadic. And i'm sure lots of people will have questions about the cashback

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

donnacha wrote: »
    I'm going to be able to start my claim process on the 29th and was just reviewing the online claim form there. I bought in Sterling from Amazon so was thinking of choosing UK as country of purchase and try and claim the £30 - however once you get to address entry it defaults in the UK as your country and therefore you can't use an Irish Address ( I guess BT11AA could be an option here). Has anyone got this far with a claim yet and could give advice on what to do here? There is a phone number you can ring at point of entering bank details but I gave up after being on hold for around 25 mins.

The other problem I see that could delay a claim is if I settle for the €30 cash back and go down the route of Republic of Ireland as country of purchase. The form then requests you to enter a purchase price in Euros - but my invoice is in Sterling. Should I just enter the euro converted price that hit my Credit Card statement?

Further on in the process they ask for your IBAN details - I doubt they will send the GBP equivalent to an Irish bank account

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MOB1

Just managed to get one for 147, I have been checking for days and just got lucky so they are still doing it. It shouldn't be marked as expired.
    Has anyone ordered in the last couple of days it says mine will be after 24th dec????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

MOB1 wrote: »
    Just managed to get one for 147, I have been checking for days and just got lucky so they are still doing it. It shouldn't be marked as expired.
    Has anyone ordered in the last couple of days it says mine will be after 24th dec????

Do you have a link to it? Can't see it myself for that price.

rhonin wrote: »
    Do you have a link to it? Can't see it myself for that price.

Hi rhonin they were only showing one in stock, I went back on and couldn't find it but keep checking I was on amazon all day yesterday and didn't see it so keep checking. The only thing is it said one left and when I ordered it it said "the following item will arrive after 24th dec 2012" so just be careful if its for christmas. Hopefully it'll arrive before christmas but I'm not sure now, why did it say one left if they didn't have one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Got mine today, ordered last Friday and it also suggested delivery in mid December . I reckon once payment goes through your delivery date will be brought forward .... Hopefully ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭mel123

I ordered on Monday, it got dispatched yesterday, and is on its way....just saying as it seems odd that some are not getitng dispatched until december!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

ordered on mon 26th.
    "Dispatch Estimate Saturday 1 Dec 2012 - Sunday 2 Dec 2012 Delivery estimate Wednesday 5 Dec 2012"
    paid 151 sterling

MOB1 wrote: »
    Hi rhonin they were only showing one in stock, I went back on and couldn't find it but keep checking I was on amazon all day yesterday and didn't see it so keep checking. The only thing is it said one left and when I ordered it it said "the following item will arrive after 24th dec 2012" so just be careful if its for christmas. Hopefully it'll arrive before christmas but I'm not sure now, why did it say one left if they didn't have one

Mine arrived about 2 weeks before they said it would when I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Can't seem to catch it at the £147 d'oh!

Thanks everyone hopefully it'll arrive before christmas i was betting on them under promising and over delivering. Keep trying klingon I was nearly going to give up and said I'd give it a few more days

back at 147 in white be quick

Can't seem to catch it at the £147 d'oh!

well its showing in stock klingon white 8gb wifi at 147

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sungem

Just ordered mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

That's Christmas sorted, then. Now I just need a good value case and a few screen protectors.

• Advertisement

Syferus wrote: »
    That's Christmas sorted, then. Now I just need a good value case and a few screen protectors.

I'm the same i didn't have time to pick them i just went straight to checkout haha....... i wouldn't mind i had them in my basket all yesterday looking for the 147 deal and it never came up. Whats your delivery date??

Advertisement